Skipper Kohli has transformed Dhoni’s cricket career: Ganguly

SK_IH

54 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

U wanna make best team, find me better option then dhoni who contribute as much as dhoni and prove with reasons 

Each n every candidate , n the names u going to suggest tell me what ahve they done to earn a place in national team 

Even if he is mediocre he is our best option

Dhawan

Rohit/Rahul

Kohli

Pandey/Rahul/Rohit

Pant

Jadhav

Hardik Pandya

That's a destructive top 7. the last 3 even more so. 

I dont want anything to do with Uthappa/Parthiv/Samson/Karthik. They have had enough chances and bottled it. The only person that's even deserving to get a run is Pant. 

Venkatesh Prasad is the biggest fear MSD has, since long time 

"" if Dhoni ( batting average 27 in 2016) not Performing in Limited over cricket for India, we have option to replace  him in India NOW""

My Baap,mein meri Biwi se bhi nahin Darta, mein Khelunga,MUJE BHI JAROORAT HAI 2019 Tak ( batting average jumped to 94 in 2017) 

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

U wanna make best team, find me better option then dhoni who contribute as much as dhoni and prove with reasons 

Each n every candidate , n the names u going to suggest tell me what ahve they done to earn a place in national team 

Even if he is mediocre he is our best option

How can anyone contribute as much as dhoni by sitting out? :laugh: Dhoni fans just go round and round about same arguments again and again.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So u think a pant can come an guide a youngster from behind the stumps or even while batting with

We do come up with question , yet no smart answer .......bas nikal do.

Oh yeah! Guide the youngster from behind the stumps. Let's bring back Sachin in playing eleven. He can guide some of the youngsters in the team. Also Zaheer khan in playing eleven to guide the bowlers ..

6 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Oh yeah! Guide the youngster from behind the stumps. Let's bring back Sachin in playing eleven. He can guide some of the youngsters in the team. Also Zaheer khan in playing eleven to guide the bowlers ..

Only if both of them are fit as dhoni, actually zak has been doing that with half a fitness in DD and u shud read their interveiws how helpful it has been 

N surely if they can perform like dhoni, now dnt say what has he performed unless u were sleeping in last game or SL series or ENg series 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Only if both of them are fit as dhoni, actually zak has been doing that with half a fitness in DD and u shud read their interveiws how helpful it has been 

N surely if they can perform like dhoni, now dnt say what has he performed unless u were sleeping in last game or SL series or ENg series 

Sachin wasn't exactly unfit when he retired.

21 hours ago, putrevus said:

He is doing just fine in captaincy department without Dhoni guidance in tests. I don't see what exactly Dhoni has changed or guided Kohli in that department.

We don't want Dhoni's no risk style of captaincy creeping into Kohli's captaincy.

"Just fine"?  Kohli has a long way to go and a lot of room for improvement in terms of reading the game, and being pro-active and quick enough in terms of reacting to match situations - whether that's field placement, bowling changes, or tactical approach to recommend to bowlers.  Dhoni was a terrible test captain, but is a very decent captain in LOIs - he instinctively 'gets' the limited overs game.  Sure he is conservative at times, even too much so.  But you are never going to always agree with someone else's approach - overall, his understanding and ability to intervene in a ODI are far ahead those of VK's.   

I give a lot of credit to VK for recognizing this, and being mature enough to take in Dhoni's input.   That's easier said than done.  

22 hours ago, sandeep said:

"Just fine"?  Kohli has a long way to go and a lot of room for improvement in terms of reading the game, and being pro-active and quick enough in terms of reacting to match situations - whether that's field placement, bowling changes, or tactical approach to recommend to bowlers.  Dhoni was a terrible test captain, but is a very decent captain in LOIs - he instinctively 'gets' the limited overs game.  Sure he is conservative at times, even too much so.  But you are never going to always agree with someone else's approach - overall, his understanding and ability to intervene in a ODI are far ahead those of VK's.   

I give a lot of credit to VK for recognizing this, and being mature enough to take in Dhoni's input.   That's easier said than done.  

How long has Kohli captained odis, he has done just fine there also, they reached ICC tournament finals. Nobody is saying Dhoni's input is not needed, if it is not Dhoni Kohli would take input of the keeper who is playing as a keeper.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

How long has Kohli captained odis, he has done just fine there also, they reached ICC tournament finals. Nobody is saying Dhoni's input is not needed, if it is not Dhoni Kohli would take input of the keeper who is playing as a keeper.

Agree to disagree.  To me, its clear as day, that Kohli is heavily reliant on Dhoni for in-game management.  And takes a lot more input than he would from "any other keeper".   We are not talking about DRS here.  

25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Agree to disagree.  To me, its clear as day, that Kohli is heavily reliant on Dhoni for in-game management.  And takes a lot more input than he would from "any other keeper".   We are not talking about DRS here.  

That is because he is senior, Dhoni used to do the same when Sachin or other seniors are around.

This notion that Kohli is reliant on Dhoni to captain is ridiculous. It is as ridiculous as this article where Dhoni is getting credit for doing nothing.

"I asked Mahi bhai, what should I bowl. He said 'tujhe jaisa bhi lagta hai, woh daal (bowl the way you want to)'. I was very happy that he backed me," Yadav said after the match.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

No saha input hasnt been taken that much in test cricket

"MS Dhoni brought a sense of calmness to his captaincy. He did a great job as captain and he is still doing a great job, nurturing Virat and that is a great thing to do for a former captain. He is nurturing Virat and that is a good thing for both men."- Warner

I think warner describes it really well

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
36 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

"MS Dhoni brought a sense of calmness to his captaincy. He did a great job as captain and he is still doing a great job, nurturing Virat and that is a great thing to do for a former captain. He is nurturing Virat and that is a good thing for both men."- Warner

Saha's input? Virat doesn't even listen to that guy:phehe:he has no voice in the team. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How do you know his input is not taken. People need stop acting as if Kohli will not be good captain if Dhoni is not there.

What do you expect Warner to say no Dhoni is not good for Kohli.I would be more interested what was the question he gave this answer.

It is good that both these men have not let their egos come in between and have worked together well. But to give credit to Dhoni for Kohli's success is ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How do you know his input is not taken. People need stop acting as if Kohli will not be good captain if Dhoni is not there.

What do you expect Warner to say no Dhoni is not good for Kohli.I would be more interested what was the question he gave this answer.

It is good that both these men have not let their egos come in between and have worked together well. But to give credit to Dhoni for Kohli's success is ridiculous.

Even with Dhoni present, I have seen a lot of VK's captaincy.   He leaves much to be desired.  He's reactive A F.  I don't want to be too harsh on him, because he should get a lot of credit in other choices he's made as captain.  I absolutely love and respect VK for his decision to consistently play 5 bowlers in tests more often than not.  It was a brave, and a selfless choice.  Not the easiest one, but the correct one.   So I am hoping that he keeps growing as skipper, and gets better with his in-game decision making and tactics.  He's definitely smart enough.  But some guys improve and get better at it, some don't.  Time will tell.