Kamlesh Singh Nagarkoti - 17-year-old (another potential 90 mph fast bowler)

rkt.india

7 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Maybe the talkative women are the reason the UK men want to get the hell out of the house and play cricket?  :biggrin:

Dunno where Suyal is, but yeah he's from UK also.

Other UK cricketers - Ekta Bisht, Pawan Negi (he of the ridiculous IPL payday),  Manish Pandey, Unmukt Chand.

Edit:  By the way you should be asking your husband- how does he know so much about Uttarakhandi and Himachali women?  :p:

He spent some of his growing years in Himanchal.

Uttarakhandi women trouble him all the time ...:p:ghar pe.

You forgot ...Pant .

Edited by beetle
17 minutes ago, beetle said:

Rkt's friend Pawan Suyal , the fast bowler is also from uttarakhand.

What happened to him? Did not hear his name in ipl.

he is from Garhwal.  he has faded away.  Not everyone can carry the success. Probably teams did not want him, so, his name didnt come in the auction.

10 minutes ago, beetle said:

Fauji brat..sab jagah se.:p:

Me too- fauji brat, that is.  Plus UK.

Anyhoo, on topic, I'd be interested to see how far Nagarkoti goes, given that he's supposed to be 5'8''.  Given how he's started, I'm not sure if I'd be happy to see him end up as an Agarkar, although it isn't by any means a dishonour to end up like Agarkar.

Edited by NameGoesHere

Ajit Agarkar was very mediocre n his ave bowling speed at peak was 137 k n max at about 144 k, Nagarkotti at this tender age starts the spell at 142 k n can touch 150, his action n seam is much better, also Agarkar was amental midget n a big time under achiever, he would just bowl full outside off lollipops n never has even half the ingredients that Nagarkotti has.

Nagarkotti if he stays fit will certainly play n be more successful n a level above Ajit who was very very poor, even Mavi is far better, also 5 8" at 17 or 18 could become 5 11" or even 6 2'' as boys reach peak height at about 19 or some even experience a growth spurt till 23, the only thing similar between the two is their slender frame.

Edited by MCcricket

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/cricket/ipl-2019-are-we-finally-going-to-watch-kamlesh-nagarkoti-in-ipl

Fortunately, all hope is not lost for Nagarkoti yet. Beyond his own expectations, his IPL franchise KKR has retained him for the next season and Nagarkoti can perhaps dream again.

The expectations are high and rightly so, the entire nation will hope that Kamlesh Nagarkoti can return to the field this IPL and bowl as well as we all know he can.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:10 PM, bhakum20 said:

Great read. On the one hand you have this kid who came out of nowhere, and on the other hand you have Arjun Tendulkar who possibly has the best training at his disposal and last I heard he was barely breaking 80mph. Maybe it's true that fast bowlers cannot be made.

This is not to say at all that Arjun cannot become a skillful bowler, he may very well become one, but my point is purely about speed.

Nagarkoti was quick even at age 8! Would be interesting to know whether it's genes, or conditioning at a young age: running a lot etc. He can write a book about it.

Andy Roberts wasn't fast in the begining but he upgraded pace later and was ferrocious. He could bowl the slow bouncer or fast paced bouncer using the same action. Dennis Lillee too is an excception. He developed himself tremendously ather than being born as outright pace bowler. Thomson was the one though who was born to be a fast bowler.