Rohit Sharma will make a solid middle order option.

Lannister

Nope........there was a reason he failed in middle order in 1st place

For the 100th time.....stop mixing formats. The ball , situation , format, fields, length, bowlers everything is diff

The reason rohit failed in middle and did well at top

1. At opening, he has time to pace the game acc to his convince. In middle no matter what ull have to play acc to situation.

2. He takes time to get going, that works at start , in middle it can hamper team which it did to him and thats why he was so avg.

3. New ball comes on bat better then old ball and rohit enjoys that 

4. Strike rotation is poor which builds pressure on him and partners around. At opening in PP even if he doesnt rotate, just hit the ball outside circle and by the time PP is over he is well set. 

5. he himself wants to bat at open, why to put him in an position he doesnt want to go. 

U do not fix whats not broken specially for an experiment that failed for more then 60-70 times . Lets not find answer by creating more problems . 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

For the 100th time.....stop mixing formats. The ball , situation , format, fields, length, bowlers everything is diff

1. At opening, he has time to pace the game acc to his convince. In middle no matter what ull have to play acc to situation.

2. He takes time to get going, that works at start , in middle it can hamper team which it did to him and thats why he was so avg.

4. Strike rotation is poor which builds pressure on him and partners around. At opening in PP even if he doesnt rotate, just hit the ball outside circle and by the time PP is over he is well set. 

5. he himself wants to bat at open, why to put him in an position he doesnt want to go. 

U do not fix whats not broken specially for an experiment that failed for more then 60-70 times . Lets not find answer by creating more problems . 

You can keep on posting in forums and my Rohit will keep on posting runs on scoreborad. You are way overanalyzing the game. Cricket if you breakdown is a very simple game.

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

You can keep on posting in forums and my Rohit will keep on posting runs on scoreborad. You are way overanalyzing the game. Cricket if you breakdown is a very simple game.

please have a proper counter answers........if u dnt. Rehne de

Last time he went to SA after atleast scoring against aus, now its a minnow team like Lanka whose bowling looks worst then many ranji sides 

2013 men bhi log khush hue the overseas tour aa gaye, ab bhi aa rhe hai and there have been enough examples in past 1-2 yrs that when the ball has moved rohit has struggled

Asia cup

Ind-NZ home series under flood lights 

boult swinging ball back in him this yr 

Oh yea he also went to play test in aus 2014 after his 267 and struggled again .......big time

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
52 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

please have a proper counter answers........if u dnt. Rehne de

Last time he went to SA after atleast scoring against aus, now its a minnow team like Lanka whose bowling looks worst then many ranji sides 

2013 men bhi log khush hue the overseas tour aa gaye, ab bhi aa rhe hai and there have been enough examples in past 1-2 yrs that when the ball has moved rohit has struggled

Asia cup

Ind-NZ home series under flood lights 

boult swinging ball back in him this yr 

Oh yea he also went to play test in aus 2014 after his 267 and struggled again .......big time

last time he went to England few months back he was the highest scorer in CT. You dont do that if you are not good. We are talking today/now/present and you keeep on bringing wjhat happened many moons backs as an example.

You can keep on posting and  Rohit and Dhawan will keep on scoring. You will still find faults. They can come up with a cure for concer but you will still complaint. Your posts are getting ridiculous now.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

You are just fixated on stats which goes back 5-6 years ago. He's doing just fine for MI batting in the middle order and we need an experienced player in that slot. What you are not getting is openers are easy to fill in LOIs where as it's a tough job in Test Cricket where you need to take the brunt of a new ball. 

10 minutes ago, Lannister said:

You are just fixated on stats which goes back 5-6 years ago. He's doing just fine for MI batting in the middle order and we need an experienced player in that slot. What you are not getting is openers are easy to fill in LOIs where as it's a tough job in Test Cricket where you need to take the brunt of a new ball. 

MI - IPL is a domestic tournament ....20 overs, half of the bowlers are domestic bowlers 

so what has he changed in 5-6 yrs, didnt he use to bat in middle in IPL from start and fail at international simnataneously 

And yes he has filled that opening role well so please dnt change it specially to someone who failed in middle order, atleast tendulkar going to 4 made some sense as he had some success . 

In odi cricket its simple, give ur best batsman max number of balls. if rohit gets 150 balls no one i mean no one will score more then him even kohli wont and u wnt me to shift him to place where he gets half balls and he is not comfortable and most importantly failed. 

We already tried kohli at 4 in odi to reduce his effectiveness for few games to realise u dnt give ur best batsman less balls and make him bat out of his fav position. Same applies here

Rohit either opens or warm benches in odi. He failed in middle and hasnt changed his game in such way that he can be successful their again. 

Also stop getting hallucinated with these perfomances against a side poor then ranji sides

13 minutes ago, Khota said:

last time he went to England few months back he was the highest scorer in CT. You dont do that if you are not good. We are talking today/now/present and you keeep on bringing wjhat happened many moons backs as an example.

You can keep on posting and  Rohit and Dhawan will keep on scoring. You will still find faults. They can come up with a cure for concer but you will still complaint. Your posts are getting ridiculous now.

CT is ODi cricket, flat pitches......didnt u notice flat picthes . He also did that in 2013 Ct and failed overseas tour after that

Point fail ,nextttt

u dnt get pitches diff, formats diff, teams quality diff 

Yea keep scoring against minnows, lets see against good teams on tough pitches

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

MI - IPL is a domestic tournament ....20 overs, half of the bowlers are domestic bowlers 

so what has he changed in 5-6 yrs, didnt he use to bat in middle in IPL from start and fail at international simnataneously 

And yes he has filled that opening role well so please dnt change it specially to someone who failed in middle order, atleast tendulkar going to 4 made some sense as he had some success . 

In odi cricket its simple, give ur best batsman max number of balls. if rohit gets 150 balls no one i mean no one will score more then him even kohli wont and u wnt me to shift him to place where he gets half balls and he is not comfortable and most importantly failed. 

We already tried kohli at 4 in odi to reduce his effectiveness for few games to realise u dnt give ur best batsman less balls and make him bat out of his fav position. Same applies here

Rohit either opens or warm benches in odi. He failed in middle and hasnt changed his game in such way that he can be successful their again. 

Also stop getting hallucinated with these perfomances against a side poor then ranji sides

CT is ODi cricket, flat pitches......didnt u notice flat picthes . He also did that in 2013 Ct and failed overseas tour after that

Point fail ,nextttt

u dnt get pitches diff, formats diff, teams quality diff 

Yea keep scoring against minnows, lets see against good teams on tough pitches

Did you fail to see that he was one the highest scorer. that means he score more than everyone else. You keep on bringing old things up. What part of current form you dont understand?

23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I am not saying you replace Rohit with some dummy player as an opener, KL Rahul has the most potential to even surpass him. He has done it in Test cricket overthrowing Rohit in just a short time and even climbed Test rankings to reach top 10. Pant is another candidate. The reason we have been losing important matches was because of our weak middle order and that can only be strengthened with an experienced player. You are just going round and round without giving any thoughts to the debate. 

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In ODIs, why not try Rohit at No.4 for a couple of series, with Rahul opening, to see where he stands as of today.

If he comes at 4, that means Dhawan and Rahul will open regularly at least for next few series and it would mean we are not able to try a new youngster anytime soon. My biggest concern that one. 

47 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Twenty20 is real cricket cause you don’t need to think too deeply about who is batting. 

Twenty20 makes every ball count. Oldmans cricket does no. You have to analyze every delivery in 20/20 but you can have one or two looseners in old mans cricket. It is OK to make fun but I am more comfortable watching real cricket rather than some stuff in slow mo. 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

I am not saying you replace Rohit with some dummy player as an opener, KL Rahul has the most potential to even surpass him. He has done it in Test cricket overthrowing Rohit in just a short time and even climbed Test rankings to reach top 10. Pant is another candidate. The reason we have been losing important matches was because of our weak middle order and that can only be strengthened with an experienced player. You are just going round and round without giving any thoughts to the debate. 

Look i dnt mind a better player but here is a thing IMO rahul has a better game for no.4 he just needs backing and sometime. Our over enthu captain cnt stick to one plan for more then 2 games by this way no one will settle in easy......

Ok i just read the bold part............cant take this post seriously now :laugh1:

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

In ODIs, why not try Rohit at No.4 for a couple of series, with Rahul opening, to see where he stands as of today.

I have stated reason to why i think it wud not work

Neways again even if we try rohit wud need some matches to get accustom n set a game plan for that position. N many times he has mentioned he prefers batting, 2014 to adjust rahane dhoni did ask rohit to go back to 4 , but he then also prefered to stay at top. Now he is reluctant then even if we do we need to give him a lot of time which kohli has no patience to do so which is my biggest issue. After few failures from rahul n rohit he ll keep  shuffling the whole order. To try something new u need u captain like ganguly or dhoni who can tell a player ill give u a few series even if u fail not someone who has amnesia......

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
8 minutes ago, Khota said:

Twenty20 makes every ball count. Oldmans cricket does no. You have to analyze every delivery in 20/20 but you can have one or two looseners in old mans cricket. It is OK to make fun but I am more comfortable watching real cricket rather than some stuff in slow mo. 

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Acc to u Pollard shud be a better cricketer then chanderpaul