The Mayank Agarwal Juggernaut

5 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

he is 27 so not a kid. he also is an opener. in test we have vijay/rahul/dhawan and in limited overs we have rohit/dhawan/rahual/rahane. Where is the place for Mayank ? 

27 is not old but given time soent in donestics n him starting young at u19 level he has good exposure along with IPL n could be a ready product, outta names you are discussing, Dhawan is not an option in Tests also Vijay is not gonna be ther for long, give him a go as an opener or below that and he deserves it mot to be in that stupid que for next two years n waste away.

19 hours ago, MCcricket said:

27 is not old but given time soent in donestics n him starting young at u19 level he has good exposure along with IPL n could be a ready product, outta names you are discussing, Dhawan is not an option in Tests also Vijay is not gonna be ther for long, give him a go as an opener or below that and he deserves it mot to be in that stupid que for next two years n waste away.

I dont get it, first ppl want to somehow push rahul into this lineup. Then we also want to groom shaw so that he is ready in a few year now everyone wants mayank to cut line plus drop a regular and play him and cherry on top is the very same people call indian management confused.

4 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I dont get it, first ppl want to somehow push rahul into this lineup. Then we also want to groom shaw so that he is ready in a few year now everyone wants mayank to cut line plus drop a regular and play him and cherry on top is the very same people call indian management confused.

We have to spots wasted in tests n should benopened Dhawan n Rohit who dont merit n deserve based on poor performance for entire career, so where is the question of jumping Que, lol ,is Mayank waiting to go to Sulabh Sauchalay?

ODI also has wasted spots on Rahane , Dhoni.

T20 is worse we see guys who cannot bat over 100 S/R,  K L Rahul, Mayank deserve a spot n not Rahane innODI, t20, Dhawan in test n t20, Kartik what has he done tbrough a long career n chances ,zilch, Raina is he the answer, his brain shuts down when he sees a fast bowler, any good team banks on experience n youth n not use experience as handicap to hold back promising n desering players, we r seeing expired products like Dhoni, Raina, Rahane in shirter format, Dhawan hanging on .

4 hours ago, MCcricket said:

We have to spots wasted in tests n should benopened Dhawan n Rohit who dont merit n deserve based on poor performance for entire career, so where is the question of jumping Que, lol ,is Mayank waiting to go to Sulabh Sauchalay?

ODI also has wasted spots on Rahane , Dhoni.

T20 is worse we see guys who cannot bat over 100 S/R,  K L Rahul, Mayank deserve a spot n not Rahane innODI, t20, Dhawan in test n t20, Kartik what has he done tbrough a long career n chances ,zilch, Raina is he the answer, his brain shuts down when he sees a fast bowler, any good team banks on experience n youth n not use experience as handicap to hold back promising n desering players, we r seeing expired products like Dhoni, Raina, Rahane in shirter format, Dhawan hanging on .

So let me get this straight

test ; mayank opens with vijay with rahul 3rd choice dhawan out

ODI : mayank should come at 5 in place of dhoni and keep ? rahane doesnt have a fix spot in odis so mayank cant replace him. 

t20 : i am confused looks like you want mayank to open and also bat him in middle order ??

6 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

So let me get this straight

test ; mayank opens with vijay with rahul 3rd choice dhawan out

ODI : mayank should come at 5 in place of dhoni and keep ? rahane doesnt have a fix spot in odis so mayank cant replace him. 

t20 : i am confused looks like you want mayank to open and also bat him in middle order ??

Mayank is a proper bat, test matches woukd be fine for him to be included, In ODI i would preferDhoni to be kept out, Jadhav, Rahul to keep as they cannot be worse then Dhoni, even Pant coukd be an option, if Rahane can be included in the squad more oftern then why not Mayank.

6 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Mayank is a proper bat, test matches woukd be fine for him to be included, In ODI i would preferDhoni to be kept out, Jadhav, Rahul to keep as they cannot be worse then Dhoni, even Pant coukd be an option, if Rahane can be included in the squad more oftern then why not Mayank.

so jadav or rahul are better keepers than dhoni ? Sure lets go back to dravid keeping days.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

so jadav or rahul are better keepers than dhoni ? Sure lets go back to dravid keeping days.

That was a masterstroke by Saurav, for large oart of his career, Dravid wasnt a good odi player, s/r n rotation was a big issue, with his keeping n he was decent it made up for us not having all rounders n Sehwag was a pretty decent off spinner so made our team dynamic

Don't want to be called a one-season wonder: Mayank Agarwal

With 2,232 runs under his belt in the 2017-18, Mayank Agarwal holds the record for most runs in an Indian domestic season. The Karnataka opener shattered many batting records in the domestic cricket but still didn't get a call-up to the national team. That disappointment aside, the 27-year-old is now hoping a successful IPLwill get him that elusive India spot.

Kings XI Punjab, Agarwal's IPL team, would wish that his domestic form continues in the upcoming tournament. The man himself doesn't want to be stated as a one-season wonder. "For me as a player, one of the targets would be to succeed in this year's IPL," Mayank told Times of India on Friday (March 30). "I don't want to be called a one-season wonder. You want to get better with every season. I don't want anyone to point fingers at me and say that he didn't perform after one season."

Kings XI, however, have a number of openers this time and Chris Gayle, Aaron Finch, KL Rahul, Karun Nair and Agarwal himself, will all be vying for the two spots up for grabs. Mayank, though, is ready to bat in the middle-order too. "My aim is to add value to the side, and it doesn't only have to be as an opener. If playing in the middle-order helps the team, so be it. Cricket is not an individual sport, it is a team sport. The team management decides what the role of a player should be; and, at the end of the day, as a player you have to go out there and perform," said the prolific right-hander.

Mayank is also looking to pick the brains of Kings XI's team director Virender Sehwag. Both Sehwag and Mayank have an aggressive batting style and inputs from the dashing former India opener will help the Karnataka lad go a long way.

"He (Sehwag) is my favourite cricketer. As a kid, I was always fascinated by the way he took the attack to the opposition and the way he dominated. What I would like to learn from him (Sehwag) is his mindset while tackling various situations," Agarwal added. "The way he used to approach high-profile games, the way he handled spinners, and various pressure situations - all that I would like to learn. Besides him, I would also like to learn as much as possible from other stalwarts like Gayle, Finch and [Ravichandran] Ashwin."

Mayank also hoped that Ashwin's captaincy would bring the best out in him. "I am looking forward to playing under Ashwin's captaincy, and evolve under his leadership. At the end of the day, performance will be the key and I am hoping I can put in a good show."

5 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Not really performing well in this IPL too. Suryakumar Yadav (2018), Nitish Rana (2017), Samson (2018), Rishabh (2018), Rahul Tripathi (2017) are some of the names that are converting their T20 form to IPL. Mayank Agarwal has to give higher level tournaments like IPL. Seems just not enough in him to step up to higher tourneys.

Blah . The guy is not really t20 player . Is test and odi player 

looks good . Want to see him in indianA or test team . Contender to grab pujara spot 

Had poor domestic t20 perfoambce this year as well 

and Ipl not doing amazing 

o wait . Just thought maybe not t20 player and more suited to say tests or 50 overs ? O wait no that’s not possible as if dont do well in t20 ipl means can’t do well in other formats 

more the perfomances i look at certain aspects , i saw gill n i see a lot of quality in him n looks like someone who can do well in international cricket then mayank 

t20/test/odi - watever the format is when u get a start u have to convert it

he has been throwing away this IPL, and if u dnt convert national selection will only go far away 

Interesting that icf wants to pick Test team based on ipl  performance 

about test, He plays so far away from his body ......he ll struggle big time international cricket