Lankans are the biggest crybabies. BCCi should send them back home

Cricketics

2 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Are you serious? Cannot believe people are covering such things up in media. Its a farce if BCCI, Kohli or any Delhiite deny that there is no deteriorating air quality to massage their egos and false pride.

On top of that they were getting angry. Indians on twitter are busy claiming lankans to be coward.

14 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

How do you lodge complain before the game? They played for 2 days and strugggled to realise it's not possible to continue.

Air quality index was out of range and should have complained. Bottom line they have the right to complaint. Sad thing is as a kid I watched so many matches at Kotla without any problem at this time of the year. Things have really gone down.

Edited by Khota
7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

All players are wearing mask as if they are dying.

Yes, I might not have any right to say since I am not in Delhi but the umpires and the whole public is out their tooZ

This is just some drama from Lankans, Chandimal and co to get out of this game.

I say cancel the ODI and T20 series and send them back home and don’t invite them for years

Accept you have problem and try to fix it. Blaming Sri Lanka will not solve the problem. 

Air Purifiers are in demand in India now. Traffic policemen are wearing masks in most cities in India. Even public is wearing air masks. I have seen lot use handkerchiefs around mouth when they travel on bike as well. What is wrong in that. Who are we going to decide whether these countless people who prefer to avoid polluted air by using air purifiers at home or office, air conditioners at home, masks while travel should not use the devices or masks to breathe relatively less polluted air. Lets not sweep the pollution problem in Delhi under the carpet. It's there everywhere and millions of people are devising the ways to avoid it by whatever means they can afford. Nothing wrong with what Lankan cricketers did.

Edited by Straight Drive

Shami goes on the record saying that even the Indian players have been impacted by the conditions.   Let's not bash the Lankans unfairly.   

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/5690/ind-vs-sl-2017-3rd-test-day-2-mohammed-shami-interview

I wrote this on a seperate thread on the same subject - Mods should have merged them already.  

26 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Hayden and Trott are sitting on the sidelines, and know where their bread is being buttered from.  You can bet your house that both would be singing a completely different tune if they were players.

Look, it is very possible that the Lankans were taking advantage of the situation.  But its an undeniable fact that the pollution and smog was there.  

I think reflexively getting defensive and playing "defend the flag" in this situation is actually unpatriotic.  We clearly have a problem in Delhi and its surrounding area.  It needs to get addressed ASAP.   Its only a matter of random luck that the readings were not as high as they were a few weeks ago, when schools were closed and Emergencies were declared.   The Lankan's dramatics are, at best, henchman-esque in this situation -  like Mac Mohan a.k.a. Sambha in Sholay. The real Gabbar of the piece is the intolerably sheity environment in Delhi, and the impotent government that has failed to do its job on the matter.

The Lankans are well-known to push the boundaries of acceptable tactics in cricket - its not the first time, nor is it going to be the last time.  Intentional no-balls, fake appeals, you name it - and they are not shy to do it.   But let's not focus our anger, embarassment on them.  They are not worth it.   

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Air Purifiers are in demand in India now. Traffic policemen are wearing masks in most cities in India. Even public is wearing air masks. I have seen lot use handkerchiefs around mouth when they travel on bike as well. What is wrong in that. Who are we going to decide whether these countless people who prefer to avoid polluted air by using air purifiers at home or office, air conditioners at home, masks while travel should not use the devices or masks to breathe relatively less polluted air. Lets not sweep the pollution problem in Delhi under the carpet. It's there everywhere and millions of people are devising the ways to avoid it by whatever means they can afford. Nothing wrong with what Lankan cricketers did.

According to recently published TechSci Research report, “India Air Purifiers Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2020”, air purifiers market in India is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 40% during 2015-20. Growth in the market is anticipated on account of continuously degrading air quality, increasing awareness about air purifiers, rising inclination towards lifestyle oriented products, along with rising health consciousness among consumers. Further, various technological advancements such as development of PhotoCatalytic air purifiers and nanoeG air purification systems, are also propelling growth in India air purifiers market.

https://www.techsciresearch.com/news/416-india-air-purifiers-market-poised-to-grow-at-over-40-through-2020.html

Edited by Straight Drive

Till yesterday I was wondering how come the pitch is so flat when the conditions look

almost like English/New Zealand conditions on my TV screen lol.

Honestly till I saw Kuldeep and the Indian physio running on the pitch with masks  I didn’t put two and two together...then it struck me about the Delhi problem.

Then Srilanka took the drama to the next level.

However misplaced priorities seriously,are we seriously attacking the mediocre Srilankan team who look like they are ready to wave white flag any moment?   then you think about this obviously bigger problem that affects  people living there, infact once I figured out why my telecast was looking so hazy it just made me uneasy to  watch the game.

I am not even being over the top here...I can attest to the problem with pollution in India first hand.I suffered from sinus problems all

my life living in India and within months after moving  to the US my sinus problems vanished...I am not exaggerating I am sure you have heard similar stories as well.

Does winning this pointless match or series mean so much? ...I am amazed 

Edited by maniac

More than test matches, anti-pollution initiatives have to win in Ind 

To stop things from getting swept under the carpet and the dreaded “chalta hai” attitude to kick in, BCCI should be fined heavily and Delhi banned for hosting international sporting events until pollution (air, water and land) is at acceptable levels

Such things (fines, boycott, etc ) will help to give priority to environment in Ind. Otherwise these Kalidases will cut the branch that they are sitting on

Edited by zen
16 minutes ago, maniac said:

Does winning this pointless match or series mean so much? ...I am amazed 

That is one of the tragedies of our country. Only if people were as much offended by the actual pollution and standard of living as they are angry at lankan antics, we would have solved some issues and would be in better position. This thread is the prime example. Our priorities are always messed up.

6 minutes ago, Shunya said:

That is one of the tragedies of our country. Only if people were as much offended by the actual pollution and standard of living as they are angry at lankan antics, we would have solved some issues and would be in better position. This thread is the prime example. Our priorities are always messed up.

True. Millions in India wear masks daily and lakhs use purifiers to brethe relatively less unpolluted air. There was no objections raised regarding these people. But when Lankan cricketers did this and that too only in Delhi, they are being criticized. With such attitude Delhites will not be able to solve the actual problem. 

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

In Chennai we have lot of pollution as well. But i don't think you will see any pollution inside chepauk ground.

Pollution is a problem everywhere in India ..... I am sure Colombo or wherever the fk these guys are from isn’t like this model green city either.... However Delhi looked like a different animal altogether.... I mean I was thinking it was winter conditions early on but damn once you knew why it was so hazy I seriously felt uncomfortable for the people sitting in the stands all day.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pollution is a problem everywhere in India ..... I am sure Colombo or wherever the fk these guys are from isn’t like this model green city either.... However Delhi looked like a different animal altogether.... I mean I was thinking it was winter conditions early on but damn once you knew why it was so hazy I seriously felt uncomfortable for the people sitting in the stands all day.

Colombo is better than mos of Indian cities