Last day finish at Adelaide-Who will win?

SK_IH

Last day finish at Adelaide-Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Last day finish at Adelaide-Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2017 at 02:39 PM

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Agreed...Anderson has definitely earned the right to be called an ATG...don’t know why some posters talk of him as if he is the 2nd coming of Stuart Binny lol.

Him and Steyn are the 2 greatest fast bowlers of this era...period.

Concur. Also goes to show how bowling standards have declined in the last decade or so. Compare this to the 90s where you had 7-8 such pacers. This is why I never understand the Kohli-Sachin comparison here. Kohli's PR machinery is so strong, looks like they have also infiltrated this forum :wall:

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

Agreed...Anderson has definitely earned the right to be called an ATG...don’t know why some posters talk of him as if he is the 2nd coming of Stuart Binny lol.

Him and Steyn are the 2 greatest fast bowlers of this era...period.

n BBC TMS they commented that even in england anderson wont get a better swing friendly wicket :phehe:

Glenn McGrath

The thing that worked in England's favour yesterday was the timing. If they were bowling in the middle session, it would have been tough, but because it was late on the ball was moving around. Jimmy Anderson would love to take those conditions everywhere he went.

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Concur. Also goes to show how bowling standards have declined in the last decade or so. Compare this to the 90s where you had 7-8 such pacers. This is why I never understand the Kohli-Sachin comparison here. Kohli's PR machinery is so strong, looks like they have also infiltrated this forum :wall:

Those 90s bowlers too would have struggled today.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Sandeep, I was watching the game today. Last 40 mins, Australia were under tremendous pressure. All they needed was one wicket as England seemed building a partnership. Smith wasted two reviews just in hope that he may get. Crowd started making fun of him. But their bowlers specially Starc and Cummin came after the batting. You could see the tension in air. And then Cummins bowls one brilliant over. Not that his other overs were bad, but he just got some reverse swing in that over. End result. England lost Malan. Could have lost Root too in that session because there were quiet a few  time/mistimed/uncontrolled shots in air.

Hence I say, Australia will get a wicket if needed. It will require some Laxmanesque effort to stop them

There's a big difference between bowling under lights, and bowling in the afternoon.  Cummins is one of my favorite bowlers at the moment, he's a freak, who can and does conjure up jaffas out of nowhere quite often - but the reality of pink ball and day night test matches is that, outside of a few periods, the sessions tend to be quite batting friendly.  If England can hold their nerve, they have less than 200 runs to get, and 2 more decent batsmen left to bat.   Not saying its easy, but its doable.  A lot easier than what India almost chased down at Adelaide a couple of years ago.   

27 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

That Saha dismissal in the Adelaide test :facepalm:

It was the extinguishing of the last ray of hope, but I blame others a lot more than Saha.  Mainly Rohit, and to a small extent Vijay.  Murali batted so well, but then gave it away in a soft dismissal.  Another 30-40 minutes of that partnership with Kohli, and we would have won it with 3-4 wickets to spare.  Rahane was sawed off, so can't blame him.  But Rohit has nobody to blame but himself.   It may sound hard to believe now, given my clashes with Rohit's #1 fan on ICF, but until that day, I used to defend and root for Rohit's selection in test cricket.  

1 hour ago, Nonbeliever said:

England will look.all set set to win and eventually loose as they always do.

That will be good entertainment.  :p:  Nothing against England - I like most of their team at this point, apart from some of the older fading morons.  But when they collapse its just too damn entertaining.  

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

There's a big difference between bowling under lights, and bowling in the afternoon.  Cummins is one of my favorite bowlers at the moment, he's a freak, who can and does conjure up jaffas out of nowhere quite often - but the reality of pink ball and day night test matches is that, outside of a few periods, the sessions tend to be quite batting friendly.  If England can hold their nerve, they have less than 200 runs to get, and 2 more decent batsmen left to bat.   Not saying its easy, but its doable.  A lot easier than what India almost chased down at Adelaide a couple of years ago.   

Ball was swinging around for England in the morning session too. There is a reason 350 chase is very, very rare in history

12 minutes ago, New guy said:

Ball was swinging around for England in the morning session too. There is a reason 350 chase is very, very rare in history

How old was the ball for England in the morning session?  How old is the ball now?  Besides, For majority of history, 7 through 11 were cheap wickets.  And helmets weren't around, neither were the pitches covered etc.  

Australia have a quality bowling unit, and all they need is 3 wickets before conceding 100 runs, which is doable for them.  But the reverse can also happen.  

51 minutes ago, sandeep said:

It was the extinguishing of the last ray of hope, but I blame others a lot more than Saha.  Mainly Rohit, and to a small extent Vijay.  Murali batted so well, but then gave it away in a soft dismissal.  Another 30-40 minutes of that partnership with Kohli, and we would have won it with 3-4 wickets to spare.  Rahane was sawed off, so can't blame him.  But Rohit has nobody to blame but himself.   It may sound hard to believe now, given my clashes with Rohit's #1 fan on ICF, but until that day, I used to defend and root for Rohit's selection in test cricket.  

Right but still doesnt excuse the pathetic shot that Saha had played. He was batting with Kohli at the other end not tailenders. All he needed to do was stay on the crease. It wasn't like Kohli was getting bogged down. 

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

Right but still doesnt excuse the pathetic shot that Saha had played. He was batting with Kohli at the other end not tailenders. All he needed to do was stay on the crease. It wasn't like Kohli was getting bogged down. 

That was Saha's 1st match since 2012, understandably nerves played a part. He scored 38 runs across the 2 innings. Cool kee to utni bhi aukaat nahin hai, he got 33 in Brisbane and 35 in Melbourne, so Saha was definitely a step up for us. 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That was Saha's 1st match since 2012, understandably nerves played a part. He scored 38 runs across the 2 innings. Cool kee to utni bhi aukaat nahin hai, he got 33 in Brisbane and 35 in Melbourne, so Saha was definitely a step up for us. 

Agreed he has been improvement over Dhoni both fielding and batting. But that shot was not on. He needed to stay and support Kohli.

Just now, Laaloo said:

Agreed he has been improvement over Dhoni both fielding and batting. But that shot was not on. He needed to stay and support Kohli.

Yup many ifs and buts. But tbh that loss wasn't that painful for me because we never came close to taking 20 wickets in that match. If you want to win overseas matches you have to pick up 20 wickets. Even had we won that it would have looked like a Christmas gift by the Aussie captain unlike Adelaide and Perth where our superlative bowling got them out twice.