Indian ODI squad for South africa announced .NO KL Rahul

PSB_Zone

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Tbf I did leave out minnows. @Khota bhai, unfiltered stats for you.

deb508c9-bb52-462e-8e20-923ceffb6e65.png

O.K. Raina, Yuvraj, Gambhir etc are not in contention. Take those guys out. To make it relevant he should be compared with Kohli, Sharma and Dhawan only. Take their averages for the same time frame. i know it gets messy but cricket averages hide more then they reveal based on how they are done.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

O.K. Raina, Yuvraj, Gambhir etc are not in contention. Take those guys out. To make it relevant he should be compared with Kohli, Sharma and Dhawan only. Take their averages for the same time frame. i know it gets messy but cricket averages hide more then they reveal based on how they are done.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=runs;spanmin1=1+Jan+2017;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting

image.thumb.png.d28575cc7adf1e6709422062f5f3d909.pngEven without filters in the last one year, KL Rahul has done well and will walk into the team only next to Kohli and Rohit. 

Rahul has done well in the opportunities he has been given and certainly deserves a spot ahead of Dhawan a.k.a. Gabbar. 

8 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=runs;spanmin1=1+Jan+2017;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting

image.thumb.png.d28575cc7adf1e6709422062f5f3d909.pngEven without filters in the last one year, KL Rahul has done well and will walk into the team only next to Kohli and Rohit. 

Rahul has done well in the opportunities he has been given and certainly deserves a spot ahead of Dhawan a.k.a. Gabbar. 

Once again I am not against Rahul but in my book he is not ahead of Dhawan. Agreed that he has done well enough to find a place.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

Once again I am not against Rahul but in my book he is not ahead of Dhawan. Agreed that he has done well enough to find a place.

Dhawan is a poor T20 player to begin with. More than averages its strike rates that what matters most in this format and since he is an opener he wastes lot of deleviries making it difficult for others to put competitive scores. 

55 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Dhawan is a poor T20 player to begin with. More than averages its strike rates that what matters most in this format and since he is an opener he wastes lot of deleviries making it difficult for others to put competitive scores. 

Poor is a very strong term. Let us just compare Dhawan with Sharma who happens to be the flavor of the month. In the T20's they played against New Zealand they were both about the same. 

He is top 5 bat for India currently.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Poor is a very strong term. Let us just compare Dhawan with Sharma who happens to be the flavor of the month. In the T20's they played against New Zealand they were both about the same. 

Dhawan has a 118 S/R. Sorry that's poor. If he's a top 5 bat for India, then we might as well forfeit the T20 WC in 2020.

Edited by Laaloo
15 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Dhawan has a 118 S/R. Sorry that's poor. If he's a top 5 bat for India, then we might as well forfeit the T20 WC in 2020.

No need to forfeit. This team needs a tweak here and there but not wholesale changes.

We can compare his scoring rate with Kohli (just an example). I doub if Kohli is scoring a run more per over compared to Dhawan. Now we do need to remeber he faces the initial onslaught when everyone is fresh. Not much difference between him and Kohli then. I will take this SR with gauranteed 30 runs anyday.

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

No need to forfeit. This team needs a tweak here and there but not wholesale changes.

We can compare his scoring rate with Kohli (just an example). I doub if Kohli is scoring a run more per over compared to Dhawan. Now we do need to remeber he faces the initial onslaught when everyone is fresh. Not much difference between him and Kohli then. I will take this SR with gauranteed 30 runs anyday.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_positionmax1=2;batting_positionmin1=1;batting_positionval1=batting_position;class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_strike_rate;spanmax1=25+Dec+2017;spanmin1=25+Dec+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Here are the s/r for the last two years for openers in cricket. That is piss poor. He's too slow for T20s. Look at the openers better than him. Heck even Amla is better. 

13 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Once again these stats do not show the strength of the opposition so that does not mean much. His numbers are comparable to Sharma and kohli in side by side comparison which is more meaningful.

Amla has a good SR but was that as an opener. fair would be to compare these in context of IPl where all are fairly the same. Dhawan is solid.

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

Once again these stats do not show the strength of the opposition so that does not mean much. His numbers are comparable to Sharma and kohli in side by side comparison which is more meaningful.

Amla has a good SR but was that as an opener. fair would be to compare these in context of IPl where all are fairly the same. Dhawan is solid.

T20Is > IPL. I don't know why or how you can rate IPL so highly. If Dhawan is so good in IPL, then why can't he replicate that in T20Is?  And no their numbers are not comparable to Sharma or Kohli at all. Open the link and see for yourself. Dhawan is one reason why we are so poor in the powerplays. Sharma used to be the same but he has improved it immensely. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Openers have the most important role in T20s because they are the ones who will end up facing majority of balls. Striking at 120-125 is useless. 

For a valid comparison, compare him to other openers from different teams and you will see the difference. We have a better opener in Rahul and so should invest in him. 

9 hours ago, Laaloo said:

T20Is > IPL. I don't know why or how you can rate IPL so highly. If Dhawan is so good in IPL, then why can't he replicate that in T20Is?  And no their numbers are not comparable to Sharma or Kohli at all. Open the link and see for yourself. Dhawan is one reason why we are so poor in the powerplays. Sharma used to be the same but he has improved it immensely. 

Some T20's yes I have to agree. IPL lets you standardize the numbers. How is Sharma that much better than Dhawan when both scored the same number of runs against NZ and about the same scoring rate?

8 hours ago, Lannister said:

Openers have the most important role in T20s because they are the ones who will end up facing majority of balls. Striking at 120-125 is useless. 

For a valid comparison, compare him to other openers from different teams and you will see the difference. We have a better opener in Rahul and so should invest in him. 

I have compared him and looks like the best to me. I do agree that Rahul needs to be in before a middle order batsman for only one reason that he is an opener. Rahul as of today is not better than Dhawan.