Bhajji and his habit of downplaying current cricket competitiveness....

15 hours ago, Khota said:

First point I agree with. This is the strongest India has been and SA is not that strong. India should win.

I would personally not say that Ashwin and Jadeja have it easy but there indeed has been a push to get turners for touring teams. Ashwin + Jadeja combination << Kumble + Harbhajan

India should have beaten Pakistan. That was the worst display ever by India. Sheet happens. I still cant get over it.

I disagree with him on downplaying the opposition. 

His biggest mistake is that he is holding on to the common belief that other cricket teams are weak. He is wrong on that account as Indian team is very strong. Two different things.

how is this the strongest India. Indian team in 2006 and 2010 were strongest with few of our greatest test batsmen ever, our greatest keeper/bat in Dhoni, one of our greatest fast bowlers in Zak. 

9 hours ago, puneet28 said:

Perfectly written. Bhajji also backed away in WT20 2007 final when he was hit sixes by Misbah in his 3rd over. Dhoni was forced to give ball to Joginder Sharma because Bhaaji did not agree to bowl the final over fearing that if he lost it for India, he will be bashed by fans and media. He selectively plays Ranji, enjoyed the company of Kumble and got most of his wickets during that time. He could not take over from Kumble and was dropped within 3-4 years.

Pure hate post . Trueley pathetic lol all this he chickened this and that lol pure fantasy by posters to suit their hate agenda 

14 hours ago, Khota said:

I t is no brainer for me to take him over Ashwin in CT 2017. No contest.

He does not underbowl for MI. He balls whenever he is asked to and is as economical a spinner as anyone can be. He would have had more wickets but most of the time he was bowling in tandem with Anil. Ashwin was the lone spinner most of the time. Give Bhajji some credit. He took lot of wickets.

His slapping Sreesanth cannot be condoned. That was the only blemish on his career.

And once again stick to the topic and tell me what did bhajji say in the interview that is so controversial.

He underbowled himself when he was captain of MI and Punjab. 

I am basing my observations on Bhajji based on his past statements and his twitter activity. I also never downplayed his record, just his attitude irks me.  

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am basing my observations on Bhajji based on his past statements and his twitter activity. I also never downplayed his record, just his attitude irks me.  

Exact quotes that irked you on Twitter . Let’s see if you spining them and taking meanings from them to suit your agenda . Also in general note you agreed with me that ex players all toeing line and not being critical at all of team , now you hammering anyone who does  ( not that bhaji does ) . I want people to say what they genuinely think . 

So ? Bowler skippers do this . Try not to hog limelight , give others a go , not be selfish and only bowl

but haters will be haters . Will spin in it there way to hate . If Bowled lots more and bowled in all key moments would have been accused of being selfish , over bowling himself and bowling in all key moments to hog matters and trying to take glory . Can’t win can he lol

ps on Mumbai ipl bakwaas. No idea and don’t care . Ipl ffs lool

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

how is this the strongest India. Indian team in 2006 and 2010 were strongest with few of our greatest test batsmen ever, our greatest keeper/bat in Dhoni, one of our greatest fast bowlers in Zak. 

I am not into nostalgia and stuff but these top five bats are every bit as good as those fab 4. Bowling is upgrade. Fielding is better and the only weaklnk is wkt keeping.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

Fair enough. Only thing I hold against him is his treatment of Sreesanth. That can never be excused.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am not into nostalgia and stuff but these top five bats are every bit as good as those fab 4. Bowling is upgrade. Fielding is better and the only weaklnk is wkt keeping.

Don’t agree there . That batting line up is yet to prove as good as fab 4 . They may prove after 2018 they are as good but right now question marks over all of them bar kohl 

I hope after 2018 I can agree with you and say They maybe better 

Insecure people can't take the sudden loss of attention when dropped or after retirement. They keep taking opportunities to be in limelight.  Bhajji, Sehwag, Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar , Bedi, Dhoni and to some extent Gambhir fall into this category.

Secure people are happy with their accomplishment and want to live outside of limelight and want to be guiding forces for youngsters. Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly, Kapil Dev, VVSL, GR Vishwanath fall into this category. 

Edited by coffee_rules
4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Don’t agree there . That batting line up is yet to prove as good as fab 4 . They may prove after 2018 they are as good but right now question marks over all of them bar kohl 

I hope after 2018 I can agree with you and say They maybe better 

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Insecure people can't take the sudden loss of attention when dropped or after retirement. They keep taking opportunities to be in limelight.  Bhajji, Sehwag, Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar , Bedi, Dhoni and to some extent Gambhir fall into this category.

Secure people are happy with their accomplishment and want to live outside of limelight and want to be guiding forces for youngsters. Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly, Kapil Dev, VVSL, GR Vishwanath fall into this category. 

He is popular and sought after. This was an interview and he gave an opinion. Last I remember Vishwamath was camera shy and never gave any interview.

If anything Bhajji is far from insecure.

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

So you want all ex players to say no real opinions . Be bland . Back the team . Generous in praise of opposition . Bore pants of us and behave like Sachin the pundit 

as if an ex player goes out to give real hard opinions . Maybe make things interesting. Tell it how it is even if upsets team and managt and bcci , they are selfish , attention seeking. 

Pathetic no opinion  media on team is issue that drives me mad

Its just a pre series banter nothing much. I have seen the show were bhajji is the cricket expert and boy o boy is he is dumb or what - still cnt get over his statment that kartik n raina are india's best option at 4 , neways but that Sa thing was a banter .

20 hours ago, Khota said:

If anything Bhajji is far from insecure.

:laugh1::laugh1:

On 12/26/2017 at 3:33 AM, puneet28 said:

Perfectly written. Bhajji also backed away in WT20 2007 final when he was hit sixes by Misbah in his 3rd over. Dhoni was forced to give ball to Joginder Sharma because Bhaaji did not agree to bowl the final over fearing that if he lost it for India, he will be bashed by fans and media. He selectively plays Ranji, enjoyed the company of Kumble and got most of his wickets during that time. He could not take over from Kumble and was dropped within 3-4 years.

unfair to make it sound as an act of cowardiness - misbah was playing hi reallywell and he wud have been feeling the pressureof screwing up the final . Now  at that stage if ur honest enough with capatain that u dnt wanna put nations hope to rest its good. 

Although i think he didran away from eng tour in 2011

i think it was his attitude in the end which got better of him, somehow gave me the impression that he got to much in to the comfort zone thinking he has no competition. Apne aapko zarurat se zyaada mahaan samjhna bhi acha nhin

21 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

how i wish sunny g was as honest as he use to be

Bedi- i dnt think so their is any issue with him, bloody honest guy. His thought is diff and old school doesnt mean he is an attention seeker 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
16 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Whenever bhajji has belittled opposition they have fought back.

He ridiculed pakistan after they lost to us in league match of ct. Mocked them n said their real competition is fron SL even bang is better.

Again mocked aus after we won first 3 odis that its gonna be whitewash, aus has no spirit. And we lost the next game.

So what your point ? Lol loss v pak was his fault ? We lost next game v oz so his fault lol

jeez listen to yourself . You said sound frankly silly 

He is a jinx loool sounds like another hate attempt . Pathetic .

Edited by King Tendulkar
19 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

So what your point ? Lol loss v pak was his fault ? We lost next game v oz so his fault lol

jeez listen to yourself . You said sound frankly silly 

He is a jinx loool sounds like another hate attempt . Pathetic .

No we didn't lost because of him. All I'm saying is that this brings embarrassment when things goes 180 degree opposite of what he says.

Wasn't sehwag left with humble pies after his baap-beta-pota comment in repeat mode?

As a former cricketer you are not supposed to behave like social media fans, & ridicule and mock the opposition.

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

No we didn't lost because of him. All I'm saying is that this brings embarrassment when things goes 180 degree opposite of what he says.

Wasn't sehwag left with humble pies after his baap-beta-pota comment in repeat mode?

As a former cricketer you are not supposed to behave like social media fans, & ridicule and mock the opposition.

Embarrasss whom ? The nation , the team lol maybe might bring embarrassment upon person that it . But not sure who merely giving a cricket opinion gives embarrassment ?

so next time should praise oppo to max . Then you will moan that bhaji is traitor to country and not supporting the team . 

Jeez grow up . Can we let ex players please give cricket opinions . Hopefully no holds barred and what they think . Otherwise they will all be as boring a pundit as my man Sachin lol

ps exact quotes were embarrassed India with his cricket opinions . Or this will go down like others as hate filled bs 

I am not one of those who calls Bhajji a chicken or coward...I really think he played the game with passion when he was part of the team...gave a 100% wether in form or not.I really liked his on field attitude in his playing days.

However what I did not like about him or the matter of fact even Gambhir of whom I was a big fan of ,was their attitude like they are entitled. They moaned,bitched,whined about everyone and everything instead of working on their game or reflecting on what went wrong .

I know some of you don’t care about IPL but Atleast Gambhir plays it with a passion and cares about it for all the moolah he makes but with Bhajji it looks like he doesn’t even try..,yeah it is cool to say he doesn’t care about IPL circus but if you are just winging it when you are getting payed a lot of money it means you are just an unprofessional jerk.

Luckily for us they didn’t  have the political clout to hold down spots of other youngsters like Dhoni is doing otherwise we would have been screwed even more

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am not one of those who calls Bhajji a chicken or coward...I really think he played the game with passion when he was part of the team...gave a 100% wether in form or not.I really liked his on field attitude in his playing days.

However what I did not like about him or the matter of fact even Gambhir of whom I was a big fan of ,was their attitude like they are entitled. They moaned,bitched,whined about everyone and everything instead of working on their game or reflecting on what went wrong .

I know some of you don’t care about IPL but Atleast Gambhir plays it with a passion and cares about it for all the moolah he makes but with Bhajji it looks like he doesn’t even try..,yeah it is cool to say he doesn’t care about IPL circus but if you are just winging it when you are getting payed a lot of money it means you are just an unprofessional jerk.

Luckily for us they didn’t  have the political clout to hold down spots of other youngsters like Dhoni is doing otherwise we would have been screwed even more

Just to put some flesh on the bones bhaji has 7th best economy rate in this years ipl . Just imagine what he could do if he put a bit of effort in ?

14 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

By the way just checked ( genuinely had to check ) and Mumbai India won ipl this year . Good effort with 10 men :giggle:

o well bhaji gets another winners medal

ffs why have I been in to ipl circus discussion . Damm it 

You missed all the other points like acting like he is entitled instead of working on his game.

When dropped from team should have really lit a fire under him but instead complaining about pitches etc didn’t exactly endear him to people.

players have ups and downs but attitude is what sets them apart .