Freedom Series Predictor - 1st Test - Day 5 Updated !!!

goose

12 hours ago, goose said:

Guys get your selections in for the 2nd test, plenty of time remaining I know so no rush.

New players welcome! 

You should start a new thread for the next one....or start with a dividing post and mention not to discuss the first text points in the second test game. 

This is a nice game.:two_thumbs_up: simple and sweet.

Vijay let me down or I would have topped.:makeup:

Edited by beetle
2 hours ago, beetle said:

You should start a new thread for the next one....or start with a dividing post and mention not to discuss the first text points in the second test game. 

This is a nice game.:two_thumbs_up: simple and sweet.

Vijay let me down or I would have topped.:makeup:

What's a dividing post? You want to hide 1st test selections/points from posters?

No no....

Make a post with the heading 2nd test  ( no more discussion of first test )so that people do not mix up discussion of first test scores / whining / celebration into it.It might be easier for you.

Edited by beetle

@goose we should be allowed to choose our options after the toss. Kohli is a weird guy, he can select anyone and drop anyone next test, give us the luxury of selecting the 3 players till 1-2 hours after the toss is done and the final XI named. 

Edited by Gollum
3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@goose we should be allowed to choose our options after the toss. Kohli is a weird guy, he can select anyone and drop anyone next test, give us the luxury of selecting the 3 players till 1-2 hours after the toss is done and the final XI named. 

1-2 hours after the game has started...hahahah? 30 minutes between toss and start of play should be enough surely? if you won't be around then leave some alternative choices. 

Just now, goose said:

1-2 hours after the game has started...hahahah? 30 minutes between toss and start of play should be enough surely? if you won't be around then leave some alternative choices. 

I can give the names 2 minutes after the toss but some on this forum might be working/engaged during those hours, that's why I suggested 1-2 hours. I will give the names after I have seen the team.  

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I can give the names 2 minutes after the toss but some on this forum might be working/engaged during those hours, that's why I suggested 1-2 hours. I will give the names after I have seen the team.  

they need to leave alternatives then, shouldn't be difficult. in 1-2 hours players will have amassed points so that's a non-starter.

37 minutes ago, beetle said:

No no....

Make a post with the heading 2nd test  ( no more discussion of first test )so that people do not mix up discussion of first test scores / whining / celebration into it.It might be easier for you.

Done. Please unstick the first thread and stickify the new one just created - thanks!

On 29/12/2017 at 2:01 AM, goose said:

Who wants to play in my series predictor competition? It's really easy but fun as the series goes on.

For the upcoming 3 test series versus RSA, pick three Indian players for each test. Specify which player is your batsman, bowler, and fielding option. Points will be added for each test to give a series total.

Batsman....1 RUN = 1 pt

Bowler.......1 WICKET = 25 pts

Fielder.......1 CATCH/STUMPING = 25 pts

1 RUN OUT (ANY PLAYER) = 25 pts (AS PER CRICINFO SCORECARD)

For example for 1st test I might choose:

Batsman - Kohli

Bowler - Shami

Fielder - Saha

In above example, only Kohl's' runs will count not his catches, only Saha's catches/stumpings will count not his runs, you get the idea.

You cannot have the same player in same category for following tests. In the next test you can't pick Kohli again as a batsman but you could pick him as a fielder. 

You could go crazy for example and pick Shami for all three options in the 1st test. If he effects a run out that would get you additional 75 pts.

Submit your 3 players for the first test now using above format (changes allowed up until 10 min after toss i.e 20 min before 1st ball).

If you will not be around at toss time leave some 2nd choices for borderline picks e.g. 'Umesh or if not picked then Bumrah'.

Unless you have given me instructions to the contrary, either in an existing post or a future new post timed before the 1st ball is bowled, then in the event your player does not start the match the following alternatives will apply by default.

UMESH/ISHANT/BUMRAH

RAHUL/DHAWAN

RAHANE/ROHIT

5a5388d23fe0d_GoosePlayerPredictor.thumb.png.c17cb6faa996315ca95e2909d2238309.png

Saha made all the difference :(

from the leaderboard for now Looks like new guy is chweyn on rasgualla :P