How costly will that drop by Dhawan prove?

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Has cost us this match. Don't know how many more matches Kohli will cost us with his team selection.

plenty of other factors that will cost us the match - wayward bowling, gutless, spineless and boneless batting, shoddy fielding, poor captaincy, non-existent coaching and brain-dead selectors.

10 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Kohli's buddies combined score = -8

-35 (Maharaj drop) + 16 (Gobbar) + 11 (Tailund)

Could have gone with 9 players and India would have been better off by atleast 8 runs.

Rohit was not bad today! He played out most of the hard part of today which is the first hour when the ball was doing much. His 11 runs may not look like contribution but the partnership between Pujara and Rohit was very absorbing and has really set up the stage for Pandya. 

I completely agree with your point on Gabbar though.... Utterly atrocious of him dropping the match! :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Rohit was not bad today! He played out most of the hard part of today which is the first hour when the ball was doing much. His 11 runs may not look like contribution but the partnership between Pujara and Rohit was very absorbing and has really set up the stage for Pandya. 

I completely agree with your point on Gabbar though.... Utterly atrocious of him dropping the match! :facepalm:

but 10s don't win matches. remains to be seen how he does in the 2nd innings.

Just now, Vijy said:

but 10s don't win matches. remains to be seen how he does in the 2nd innings.

For sure. Like I said, he started well in the morning and was doing the job until the drinks break. I was expecting that he will slowly get into the groove and start hitting boundaries. But alas, he just got out and I could see his dismissal coming given how he was playing in the last couple of overs. He simply did not know how to shift the gears in this innings and keep ticking runs.

Let us see what he will do in his 2nd innings. The silver lining is he is paying price to the wicket and not throwing it but then he need to figure out to get runs on board too like he does in LoIs. Otherwise, he is not contributing much. 

Just now, sarcastic said:

For sure. Like I said, he started well in the morning and was doing the job until the drinks break. I was expecting that he will slowly get into the groove and start hitting boundaries. But alas, he just got out and I could see his dismissal coming given how he was playing in the last couple of overs. He simply did not know how to shift the gears in this innings and keep ticking runs.

Let us see what he will do in his 2nd innings. The silver lining is he is paying price to the wicket and not throwing it but then he need to figure out to get runs on board too like he does in LoIs. Otherwise, he is not contributing much. 

yes, even if the 2nd innings is too high, it will be interesting to see how dhawan and rohit approach the 2nd innings - one of them paid the price for over-attacking and the other went into a shell.