Day 1 Pace Bowler Performance 135/1 - Slap in the face for Kohli who dropped India's best pacer

Texan

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes. Pitch was flat. You probably didn't even watch the game. Any swing and seam depend on conditions and not on bowlers. Pitch does not have grass and is dry.

Not just pitch. It is a combination of bowler and pitch. Even in first Test, only Bhuvi was getting early wickets. None of the other pacers got any early wickets. You would have even called that pitch flat if Bhuvi was not playing then. At lunch on day 1 of first Test, bowling figures were:

Bhuvi 3/39

Shami 0/33

Bumrah 0/31

Substitute Bhuvi with Ishant and it "WOULD" have been:

Ishant 0/39

Shami 0/33

Bumrah 0/31

SA - 107/0

Comments on ICF -

"Flat Track"

"Bowlers can't do anything on such flat tracks"

"Barely anything for pacers"

24 minutes ago, CG said:

Credit to Pandya Ishant Bumrah they bowled and never let Sa get away On flat pitches abroad we concede 4 R.p.o on previous tours.

Gee, i thought the reason we wanted phast bowlers was because they could take wicket on any surface. And bhuvi was hated because he was a line and length bowler who contained and being economical without taking wickets was useless

8 minutes ago, Texan said:

Not just pitch. It is a combination of bowler and pitch. Even in first Test, only Bhuvi was getting early wickets. None of the other pacers got any early wickets. You would have even called that pitch flat if Bhuvi was not playing then. At lunch on day 1 of first Test, bowling figures were:

Bhuvi 3/39

Shami 0/33

Bumrah 0/31

Substitute Bhuvi with Ishant and it "WOULD" have been:

Ishant 0/39

Shami 0/33

Bumrah 0/31

SA - 107/0

Comments on ICF -

"Flat Track"

"Bowlers can't do anything on such flat tracks"

"Barely anything for pacers"

And I had criticised the bowlers in that game. Especially Shami who was lacklustre. Bumrah was making his debut. Same bowlers ran through SA in second innings when BK struggled in second innings. BK too was going for 5 rpo in the first innings after first three overs. It is cricket. It happens in cricket. When some bowler will, some doesn't. BK looked lacklustre in second innings last game.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

And I had criticised the bowlers in that game. Especially Shami who was lacklustre. Bumrah was making his debut. Same bowlers ran through SA in second innings when BK struggled in second innings. BK too was going for 5 rpo in the first innings after first three overs. It is cricket. It happens in cricket. When some bowler will, some doesn't. BK looked lacklustre in second innings last game.

BK did not struggle in the second inNings. He was removed as soon as pitch started doing something. And when he was brought back he immediately took wickets again. Struggling is going wicketless entire day or averaging 37. Lol at struggle

We had three catches dropped today. Two of Pacers. I have only word for Texan who can't see how chalk and cheese these two pitches are. BK fanboys need to calm down. They are the biggest reason I want him to play every test for India flat pitch or not. Then we will get to see how he does on flatter surface. Even in last test, he looked toothless at times and was going for 5 rpo in first innings after those three wickets and then second innings too, didn't look threatening.

49 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

You make it sound like this was a raging turner....it was gentle slow turn with pitch flattening out more.

Compared to the decks in India, this was not a turner by any stretch of imagination, I won't be surprised if we play Maharaj comfortably. 

6 minutes ago, New guy said:

BK did not struggle in the second inNings. He was removed as soon as pitch started doing something. And when he was brought back he immediately took wickets again. Struggling is going wicketless entire day or averaging 37. Lol at struggle

Means he struggled when ball was not moving? Today was the same case. No Ball moved today too.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not sure how 11 overs, 5 maidens, 2 wickets for 33 runs is "struggling"? He bowled tight lines.

52 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

You make it sound like this was a raging turner....it was gentle slow turn with pitch flattening out more.

Did you watch game? Ashwin actually bowled badly. He got turned from first over itself but He had no control. Ball was turning big from outside off but he kept bowling short outside off and then resorted middle and leg defensive line. Lyon would eat them on this pitch.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Compared to the decks in India, this was not a turner by any stretch of imagination, I won't be surprised if we play Maharaj comfortably. 

We should pile on runs here hopefully.

But I never underestimate our ability to screw it up against spinners overseas. We shouldn't take that guy lightly. 

We will get to see what he is made up of.

2 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Not sure how 11 overs, 5 maidens, 2 wickets for 33 runs is "struggling"? He bowled tight lines.

On the second day struggled, 2nd innings, he struggled. He couldn't take early wickets. It was Pandya who picked Elgar and Markram. SA were 65/2. If bowling tight line is the criteria then even Ishant didn't struggle today.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Why does it always have to be X vs Y  among players of the same team    !!

Bhuvi deserved to play.

Bumrah and Shami are good too.

These are our best 3 pacers.

We should think about our bowling as a group ( with different strengths )  instead of individuals.

But BK Fanboys are now acting like Dhoni fanboys. 

1 minute ago, sensible-indian said:

We should pile on runs here hopefully.

But I never underestimate our ability to screw it up against spinners overseas. We shouldn't take that guy lightly. 

We will get to see what he is made up of.

Also never underestimate our bowling to the tail, they could easily end up at 400 tomorrow if are complacent.