So what did we gain from picking Parthiv Patel ahead of Rishab Pant?

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Hang on you misinterpret what I said . Where have I said pp and karthick shoudl be in indie team and squad ? No they should not 

my point was that saha is good but batting can be suspect overseas 

my main point is that after watching pant numerous times he has disappointed me and not his technique to be frank has looked poor as well as his approach. He is not ready for international cricket at all batting wise from what I see . If we need to groom someone now and play them now then imo pant is not that person for a few years or until he shows improvement in technique and approach 

So who are the options in tests apart from Saha?

should Pant and Kishen be part of LOI squad?

if Pant is a cross bat slogger like you say isn’t that better than “consolidators” and  “TTFs” in T20s atleast?

As much as Dhoni is done the unfortunate reality is there is no one ready to take over in Odis but these kids should have been initiated atleast via T20 and made ready for Odis and then tests.

On these pitches Parthiv and Karthik are not going to smash 100s they might give you 20 more runs than Saha fair enough,but is it worth the substandard keeping on these pitches ?

Just now, maniac said:

So who are the options in tests apart from Saha?

should Pant and Kishen be part of LOI squad?

if Pant is a cross bat slogger like you say isn’t that better than “consolidators” and  “TTFs” in T20s atleast?

As much as Dhoni is done the unfortunate reality is there is no one ready to take over in Odis but these kids should have been initiated atleast via T20 and made ready for Odis and then tests.

On these pitches Parthiv and Karthik are not going to smash 100s they might give you 20 more runs than Saha fair enough,but is it worth the substandard keeping on these pitches ?

Honestly seen pant a few times . Keeping is no issues . Bat batting seems wild heaves to leg side . Probably why had poor year second season?

kishen maybe . Looked better technique then pant .But honestly not seen enough of him . Not getting sucked in by hype like you guys tricked me on pant lol 

only guy seem who who blows me away and his young is Shaw . Different level 

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Honestly seen pant a few times . Keeping is no issues . Bat batting seems wild heaves to leg side . Probably why had poor year second season?

kishen maybe . Looked better technique then pant .But honestly not seen enough of him . Not getting sucked in by hype like you guys tricked me on pant lol 

only guy seem who who blows me away and his young is Shaw . Different level 

Why do you keep bringing up Shaw...is he a keeper?

Pant all guns blazing approach is suited for T20s atleast that’s the point and maybe he could have improved his temperament by now...what was the opinion on Dhonis technique when he debuted? 

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

Who do you think is better? Last yr has been good for him.

Why are you skipping the question ?

How do you know Karthick keeping is good without even watching him keep wickets

Or are you once again basing his  ability for test cricket based on IPL.

Tell me the last time you have seen him keep wickets that wasn't IPL.

As for who are better , Pant or Gowtham if they wanted an experience keeper similar to Saha , Good keeper and fighting bat.

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

Why do you keep bringing up Shaw...is he a keeper?

Pant all guns blazing approach is suited for T20s atleast that’s the point and maybe he could have improved his temperament by now...what was the opinion on Dhonis technique when he debuted? 

That’s fine play him in t20 

but we talking about tests in the main here . 

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

If you guys rate pant for test team fair enough 

but then I ask specific question . What innings did you watch of pant that impressed you and made you think when watching him that shoudl be in test team ?

Point is about initiating a player than going back to square 1...if Pant is your hottest prospect than why not?

41 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Why are you skipping the question ?

How do you know Karthick keeping is good without even watching him keep wickets

Or are you once again basing his  ability for test cricket based on IPL.

Tell me the last time you have seen him keep wickets that wasn't IPL.

As for who are better , Pant or Gowtham if they wanted an experience keeper similar to Saha , Good keeper and fighting bat.

I am not skipping anything. Last time I watched a Ranji game I was there with three other people. No I will not base a decision on obscure ranji. Why does it matter to you. If he can keep in IPl he can do it in tests.

Pant definitely not. Ojha could have been groomed.

Edited by Khota

Anybody who feels Saha shouldn't be no 1 on our team list for the next 2 years knows nothing about cricket. If the hacks (newbies, TTFs, batsmen who can be converted to keepers) whom you guys are raving about are as good as Gilchrist with the bat, still I will opt for Saha any day of the week. You don't realize how lucky we are to have him, we may not produce another Saha for the next 50 years so cherish him while he's still active. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Anybody who feels Saha shouldn't be no 1 on our team list for the next 2 years knows nothing about cricket. If the hacks (newbies, TTFs, batsmen who can be converted to keepers) whom you guys are raving about are as good as Gilchrist with the bat, still I will opt for Saha any day of the week. You don't realize how lucky we are to have him, we may not produce another Saha for the next 50 years so cherish him while he's still active. 

i think most people here know how important Saha is, but problem is he is already 33 years old and has had a tendency to get injured midway through the series, has happened multiple times now. he has a dodgy hamstring which keeps giving him issues, so, it is better to have an able candidate ready instead of going back to PP and DK, i would have a youngster being prepared as a backup. 

Edited by rkt.india
10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i think most people here know how important Saha is, but problem is he is already 33 years old and has had a tendency to get injured midway through the series, has happened multiple times now. he has a dodgy hamstring which keeps giving him issues, so, it is better to have an able candidate ready instead of going back to PP and DK, i would have a youngster being prepared as a backup. 

This.

Saha is best and should play as long as he is fit.

We need a substitute for him who can play when he is unfit and rest of the time learn from him .

PP and DK are not going to learn anything they haven't learnt till now.

Lets get a younster. Infact get two  three in all  formats and let them play. 

Let them play the easier series  and learn .

With the amount of cricket we play....we need at least 2-3 younsters to play as wks . One cannot take so much load of three formats and ipl.

32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

N Jagdeesan from TN is another prospect. has been good in all 3 formats in domestic, though, low sample size. 

Unfortunately he hasn't kept wickets much because Karthick has been our keeper.

He kept for a couple matches I think becoz Karthick was having injury.