Battle of young bowlers: Nagarkoti vs Mavi

Nagarkoti vs Mavi?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Nagarkoti or Mavi

• Kamlesh Nagarkoti
    • Shivam Mavi

11 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Dude, Nagarkoti is an allrounder. Dont judge his batting based on this match.

Mavi is a better bat and a slightly better bowler than Nagarkoti atm. But obviously Nagarkoti has more pace so tremendous potential. So, both are superb tbh.

I think Nagarkoti has tremendous potential, in the first game vs Australia, he was fantastic. In subsequent games, seems like he still getting to know and understand his game, experimenting etc. Mavi on the other hand seems to be very aware of his strong points and keeps it simple and sticks to that- hence why he may appear more potent in recent games. I believe ultimately however, when Nagarkoti find his strengths, he will be the superior bowler.Ā 

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

I think Nagarkoti has tremendous potential, in the first game vs Australia, he was fantastic. In subsequent games, seems like he still getting to know and understand his game, experimenting etc. Mavi on the other hand seems to be very aware of his strong points and keeps it simple and sticks to that- hence why he may appear more potent in recent games. I believe ultimately however, when Nagarkoti find his strengths, he will be the superior bowler.Ā 

The difference is Nagarkoti lacks control with new ball at this point. Mavi has been good with both new and old.

26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

The difference is Nagarkoti lacks control with new ball at this point. Mavi has been good with both new and old.

agree- but this is because he is not willing to compromise on pace and hostility. His intention is to intimidate. Once he finds the control, whilst maintaining his pace he could become LethalĀ 

8 minutes ago, fineleg said:

True, good potential, but let Nagarkoti and Mavi play a lot of A-tours and domestics during the next 12-18 months. And Ishan Porel too.

yes, they do have potential. I was just pointing out that mavi/nagar had an off-day. actually, even when koti had a relatively bad day, he bowled some nice off-cutters and some pacy deliveries (like that yorker which got him a wkt).