Virat likes Rahane at #4 in ODIs :((

sandeep

6 hours ago, jinjar said:

That's the worst comparison I ever heard, comparing Kohli's all format skill to Rahane is insult to Kohli. I have yet to see Rahane win any ODI or T20 by himself when everyone else in the team fails.

He is almost 30 years old and played 84 ODI's. ODI's and T20's needs players who can win a match by themselves sometimes, he can't.

Kohli's stats in 2012 (Aged 23?) : 91 matches, 13 centuries, 51.13 Avg,  86 SR, 12 MOM, 2 MOS.

It includes this match, which he won by himself...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8531/scorecard/518966/india-vs-sri-lanka-11th-match-aus-tri-series-cb-2011-12/

Read between the lines. No onenis sayin( Rahane is as good as Kohli. I am the biggest Kohli fan if there ever was one. 

However Rahane has the ability to play like Kohli, that is in every format. Has he done it? No. He has shown skills of t20 in IPL etc but hasn’t converted into performance sat the international stage.

You look at someone like him and then someone like Pujara, you can easily say this guy Rahane is exceptional player who can adjust to every format. Just thst Rahane hasn’t been as me tally great at international level in LOI’s as we would have liked. I rather play Pant or Gill in this series if I could over him or Karthik.

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Read between the lines. No onenis sayin( Rahane is as good as Kohli. I am the biggest Kohli fan if there ever was one. 

However Rahane has the ability to play like Kohli, that is in every format. Has he done it? No. He has shown skills of t20 in IPL etc but hasn’t converted into performance sat the international stage.

You look at someone like him and then someone like Pujara, you can easily say this guy Rahane is exceptional player who can adjust to every format. Just thst Rahane hasn’t been as me tally great at international level in LOI’s as we would have liked. I rather play Pant or Gill in this series if I could over him or Karthik.

you are wrong. Rahane does not have the stroke play for LOIs. even in IPL, his Strike rate underwhelming and he needs a quicker scorer on the other end.

18 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Not really, I think its little early to say that. His average might have gone down but I don’t see many players not matching him in terms of temperament. Players like Pandey haven’t taken the opportunity like I would have liked and Rahul hasn’t played enough unfortunately and for some reason isn’t even part of the teamz So we will have to keep Dhoni for now. 

his hitting ability has vanished and that is big problem chasing a big target or setting a big target on a flat pitch for someone bating at 5-6..

25 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Disagree, that sounds like green team argument, he has mysterious TALENT, just hasn't shown it yet after 80 chances. Compare that to what Kohli did after his first 80 chances.

Make no mistake I like him in test matches, I hope he forgets about ODI's and goes back on focussing on test matches, we need him more there.

Edited by jinjar
16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

his hitting ability has vanished and that is big problem chasing a big target or setting a big target on a flat pitch for someone bating at 5-6..

Six ability is there, however instantly hitting sixes ability has been well gone and hence he is not good for t20s, but for 50 overs he can work fine even if he comes at 5. 

38 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you are wrong. Rahane does not have the stroke play for LOIs. even in IPL, his Strike rate underwhelming and he needs a quicker scorer on the other end.

Regardinng stroke play, he does have the shots. Its the mindset and complacency in his game which keeps him far behind in ODI’s. 

He is extremely complacent and lacks the ability to concentrate as in ODI’s the bowlers keep changing and its hard to adjust to the new bowlers for him and he ends up throwing his wicket away unlike in tests where Rahane loves battling out and not giving away his wicket to same seamer bowling 8 overs in a row.

He can play Hook, pull etc, or come doen the track and hit over bowler’s head, all of those shors. Its just his complacency which has kept him behind and hence we are better of not keeping such player for too long if he fails in this series again.

13 hours ago, Dangraj said:

So what exactly has karthick ACHIEVED apart from being $hit for over a decade and still mysteriously finding a way into so called team of world betters.

See there is something called aukaat, or class, of player.   And Karthik may not be the greatest going around, but is still yards better than Khatmal.  It would take Karthik about, oh I don't know, a thousand int'l matches to match Kamran's drop count.  And on the batting front, Karthik is good enough qualitatively to open the batting in test cricket in SA/Eng.   If you understand cricket and batting, that should tell you something about the class of batting that he brings to the table. 

Sure, he hasn't really gotten chances to load up his statistics in the top half of the order much, especially against crap teams.   But reality is, if he was Pakistani, he would have been a 10 year captain for you guys right now.  And a country-level ATG.   Same can be said for someone like, say, Robin Uthappa.   

1 hour ago, Dangraj said:

Aukat ,class ,Calibre means a jack if it doesnt translate into numbers otherwise umar akmal , shahzad and so many others would have been ruling the world but no they are still $hit.The filth you have put in, just going through it made my eyes sour i must say you have lot of heart to write such crap and for so long.

Come to point now Akmal no matter how bad he is still has better stats than karthick and has caused more impact which his strike rate would suggest too, 2nd akmal has some of the most clutch knocks under his belt i.e  2009 wt20 knockouts and some important test knocks which karthick even after getting  hundreds of chances has failed to produced thus far.

And you saying Had it not been for indias batting resources he would been very good so tell me how many times he had made comebacks and given fair amount of chances here and there and he is still in team for that matter, has he ever performed anything of significance to establish himself ? Our batting hasnt been great and if he was here he would have probably got more chances and eventually better numbers but to say he would have been Atg , Goat blah blah tells  something about your cricketing acumen and if somehow your point stands valid then Sami, rahat , rana naveed would have been worshiped had they been available to india cz the number of useless bowlers you have produced over the decades is some itself a some sort of record.

I don't want to turn this into a slagging fest, but reality is that Pakistan fans don't have a deep understanding of batting, just like historically Indian fans used to have only a shallow understanding of the intricacies of pace bowling.   So you can keep the batting "stats" of Khatmal etc.  If you are not able to see the qualitative difference between the players, then that's your problem.  Let's agree to disagree and move on.  I can understand that you found my words harsh and bitter to take, but it is what it is.  

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Regardinng stroke play, he does have the shots. Its the mindset and complacency in his game which keeps him far behind in ODI’s. 

He is extremely complacent and lacks the ability to concentrate as in ODI’s the bowlers keep changing and its hard to adjust to the new bowlers for him and he ends up throwing his wicket away unlike in tests where Rahane loves battling out and not giving away his wicket to same seamer bowling 8 overs in a row.

He can play Hook, pull etc, or come doen the track and hit over bowler’s head, all of those shors. Its just his complacency which has kept him behind and hence we are better of not keeping such player for too long if he fails in this series again.

Do you remember Rahane hitting any six on the off side or over log on or midwicket without premeditating? (Where he is in defensive position but saw a bad ball and put it away for the max).

Would you trust him to be able to hit a six in a medium size ground when we need 15 in that over?.

These are the requirements for modern day LOI batsmen.

Edited by jinjar
30 minutes ago, Dangraj said:

Alright, May you be keep cashing on the quality and class of kartick and hopefully the world will also have atleast few fifties to remember after the maestro decides to hang his boots.

No brother.   You can choose to blindly follow stats, since they indicate that Hardik Pandya is "better" bowler than Wahab Riaz in ODIs.   Or that Imad Wasim is better than Ravi Jadeja.   

Let me add this to really get you going - Dinesh Karthik is a better cricketer than Sarfaraz - in any format of cricket - tests, ODI or T20.  And no, I'm not just saying it for the sake of it.  

Take a few deep breaths and have some lassi.   :beer:  Reality bites.  

2 hours ago, jinjar said:

Do you remember Rahane hitting any six on the off side or over log on or midwicket without premeditating? (Where he is in defensive position but saw a bad ball and put it away for the max).

Would you trust him to be able to hit a six in a medium size ground when we need 15 in that over?.

These are the requirements for modern day LOI batsmen.

you don't need to do all of that to play well in ODI'S.

Many players lack many shots yet do better than Rahane or have done better than Rahane.

Rahane has played a brilliant knock today with Kohli. If he does this on regular basis. then no problem in having such player. Like I said earlier, he is not any run of the mill Cricketer. He can do these things on regular basis, just gets complacent.

Complacent is the only word to describe Rahane. He has many shots otherwise.