Rabada suspended for two tests after code of conduct breach

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Physical contact is bad. He should be banned just for that.  Send off we’re fine but now there are rules. 

did you see the actual video? If Smith had not reacted, it is so faint that that you don't even know it happened. And it was not aggressive, looked accidental brush to me! 

11 hours ago, prinzo said:

How is David Warner not.suspend aswel for.acting like.a thug.  He had to he held back

The ICC is a bunch of two faced people.  

Icc is never hard on players from Australia or England especially if they are white and that is just how it has operated in past and unfortunately it is still operating like that even now.

Broad, Anderson, Warner and Stokes are serial offenders but never get any punishment.

Fast bowlers are like that, they should not be restricted from over the top celebrations it's natural, as long as things don't get personal.

Mitchell Johnson's celebrations after he got KP and Clouderson out were more intense than anything what Rabada did -no punishment given, Clarke threatens Anderson with a "broken f'kin arm" - no punishment given and Lyon after getting AB D run out throws a ball at him - no punishment here again. Racism seems to run deep in cricket.

Edited by MechEng
1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Fast bowlers are like that, they should not be restricted from over the top celebrations it's natural, as long as things don't get personal.

Mitchell Johnson's celebrations after he got KP and Clouderson out were more intense than anything what Rabada did -no punishment given, Clarke threatens Anderson with a "broken f'kin arm" - no punishment given and Lyon after getting AB D run out throws a ball at him - no punishment here again. Racism seems to run deep in cricket.

Both were punished. CLarke said it to James Taylor. They were given Level 1 offense (first offense) and were docked some percentage of match fees.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Both were punished. CLarke said it to James Taylor. They were given Level 1 offense (first offense) and were docked some percentage of match fees.

Okay, maybe I'm wrong with the racism part because the cases I mentioned have people of same race. But on the punishment part, had Keshav Maharaj did the same to Steve Smith compared to what Lyon did, he would have been banned from few tests easily. There is a subtle pro Aussie-English bias.

People claiming this is a race issue or some kind of double standard are BSing themselves. Show one instance of an aussie or Indian player that bumped a batsman on their way out, sarcastically waved goodbye and gave a sendoff. Rabada had been doing for 2 whole series now, and apparently he did the same before, he got plenty of warning and kept doing it which means he is either retarded or doesn't care.

4 hours ago, MechEng said:

Okay, maybe I'm wrong with the racism part because the cases I mentioned have people of same race. But on the punishment part, had Keshav Maharaj did the same to Steve Smith compared to what Lyon did, he would have been banned from few tests easily. There is a subtle pro Aussie-English bias.

Punishments are not handed like that. I see people saying "oh this looks really bad, player should be banned". There are level of offences and max/min punishment for each level. Then we have points for each level. Once players accumulate points they are banned for fixed number of matches as specified in rules.

Only bias/difference is in the max/min punishment handed to a player. Someone like Srinath used to hand over lower limit of punishment to players when he was a referee. But diference isn't that big.

People claiming this is a race issue or some kind of double standard are BSing themselves. Show one instance of an aussie or Indian player that bumped a batsman on their way out, sarcastically waved goodbye and gave a sendoff. Rabada had been doing for 2 whole series now, and apparently he did the same before, he got plenty of warning and kept doing it which means he is either retarded or doesn't care.

this didnt seem deliberate