Smith, Warner could face life ban from CA

This is too much. Years of aussie cockiness/arrogance will be used by other countries especially english media and they shall keep it burning for long. Such sensational press conferences are always fodder for media. Let it settle down a bit and everyone can then move on.

Ball tampering is very common in most of the teams and every cricketer knows it.  ICC ban is more than enough which will be around 2-3 matches. If they want to appease the Aussie fans and citizens, they can put 6 months ban. It will be ridiculous if its more than that. 

If any Indian would have got caught, we would have gladly brushed it under the carpet as if its a normal regular stuff. We would be backing our players if any incident happens eg Sachin's ban, Bhajji racism antics, etc. Ball tampering, roughing the pitch while running, etc are minor charges and should be treated like one. 

CA has been just as bad as PCB when it comes to protecting its players of crimes all along.  Starting all the way from Monkey-Gate to Lehmann-gate, to Warne-Gate and Brain-fade gate.  I belive they have encouraged their players to lie about it or have themselves lied about it.

I refuse to believe that is the 1st time Smith is doing something like this.  Given how confident they were, I have to believe they have been doing it for a while.  

We want to know the truth.

Be default - Ban Smith & Warner for Life.  Tell him to tell us the truth and cough it all up and then if he does so and you are satisfied - reduce it to 3 to 5 years.

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

That is stupid.just ban him for a month.he is the best test player of the generation.

Just cause you're the best doesn't mean you get a free pass on doing stuffs like this. But I do agree with the lifeban, it's a bit too harsh. Give him maybe 1 year if you really want to punish him.

P.s forget about Smith, let's assume Safraz or Shakib did this, most posters would have been quite contempts with this lifeban. Double standard in our society.

Edited by Zero_Unit
2 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

not put cricketers on the level of god's

hey just because some stupid * jurno says Indians treat Sachin as God does not mean cricketers are treated as Gods in India, he gets slapped for evading tax on his Ferrari. so just focus on the Aus cheating part here. Damn are you a Pakistani, your visceral hate for India points to that as the only possibility.

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

That is stupid.just ban him for a month.he is the best test player of the generation.

this is the other thing. If Smith is banned for life. The below two themes will be prevalent as time progress'

1, His high average which is in his initial career will be what he will end with, agreed special but still he has to yet face the dip that everyone faces.

2, Since people usually become better and better as they stop playing games. Smith will become a recluse legendary player who was better than Don actually...just that did not care much for cricket and boozed and played and scored at an average of 67. If he had played on he would have absolutely been averaging 125 and if he had played with full focus who knows he would have averaged around 154..truely greatest ever ahead of Don, Don being the second.

I really want him to face a ban of 6 months and then fight his way back and play, just so that his average normalizes. I would not mind him being banned for a season and he comes back. Would hate it if he is not there when India plays Aus but hey he cheated his proud country who can blame Australia if they are furious with him.

But if both him and Warner get the axe, its going to be a body blow for Aus.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

hey just because some stupid * jurno says Indians treat Sachin as God does not mean cricketers are treated as Gods in India, he gets slapped for evading tax on his Ferrari. so just focus on the Aus cheating part here. Damn are you a Pakistani, your visceral hate for India points to that as the only possibility.

Of course in your eyes that could be the only possibility :biggrin:

Could you tell me what Bapu means in Indian?

14 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Could you tell me what Bapu means in Indian?

Ind has multiple languages. Bapu is used to mean father or a respected father like figure / father figure

Gandhiji for example is fondly known as Bapu

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Ind has multiple languages. Bapu is used to mean father or a respected father like figure / father figure

Gandhiji for example is fondly known as Bapu

Thanks

We are speaking same state as Gandhi that my best Indian mate is called this . Does having this name mean that all young cricketers just bend and touch his leg?

Just now, Tattieboy said:

Thanks

We are speaking same state as Gandhi that my best Indian mate is called this . Does having this name mean that all young cricketers just bend and touch his leg?

No. But in Ind young ppl touch elders’ feet to seek blessings. It is a normal custom so there is not much to read into this