Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

23 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

What are our left arm options? Khejroliya, Sangwan, Sran, Unadkat, Khaleel. Any other?

Uncle chawudhry

Edited by speedheat

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Sran has generally bowled 134 k to 140 k today ... slower than the last game when he bowled lots of 140 k to 144 k balls.

he gets some genuine bounce of good length or just short of good length, that kind of a ball is very difficult to play even for the best of batsman. i have myself got out many times of bounce generated from near to good length ball, Short ball that bounces is either scored off or batsman easily avoids the ball getting to hit. sran hurting dhawan off a bounce ball was kinda a game changer today.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Uncle chawudhry

sran and khaleel are the best as khejroliya bowls every where and it seems he does not control the ball well, having said that even sran and khaleel have ball controlling issue's.

in short all the three have line n lenth and bowl controlling issue's but i feel khaleel and sran are silghtly ahead of khejrliye.

sran has better control over his slow balls and he is as tall as Srinath and if he impresses , he can be long time with indian team.

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

he gets some genuine bounce of good length or just short of good length, that kind of a ball is very difficult to play even for the best of batsman. i have myself got out many times of bounce generated from near to good length ball, Short ball that bounces is either scored off or batsman easily avoids the ball getting to hit. sran hurting dhawan off a bounce ball was kinda a game changer today.

Srans's height and natural bounce are pluses and I mentioned it in this thread only. His ability to bring the ball in is a plus too.

But,  I become wary of bowlers who drop speeds after bowling a few spells. This is often a sign of lack of fitness, stamina or intensity. It is even worse when it happens in T20 games, where only 4 overs have to be bowled.

The same thing happened to Sran earlier when he bowled 138 k to 142 k in a couple of IPL games but was bowling 127 k to 137 k in 50 over international games ... and could not impress.

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Srans's height and natural bounce are pluses and I mentioned it in this thread only. His ability to bring the ball in is a plus too.

But,  I become wary of bowlers who drop speeds after bowling a few spells. This is often a sign of lack of fitness, stamina or intensity. It is even worse when it happens in T20 games, where only 4 overs have to be bowled.

The same thing happened to Sran earlier when he bowled 138 k to 142 k in a couple of IPL games but was bowling 127 k to 137 k in 50 over international games ... and could not impress.

he is not bowling quick in second spell does not mean it is happening due to fitness.  it also may be intentionally.  Seeing him I always feel he can bowl quicker than what he has bowled till now.  he never seems to exert much effort when hitting 140KPH.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

he is not bowling quick in second spell does not mean it is happening due to fitness.  it also may be intentionally.  Seeing him I always feel he can bowl quicker than what he has bowled till now.  he never seems to exert much effort when hitting 140KPH.

How are you so sure that he does not have fitness issues? He significantly dropped his pace after first spell

Sran bowled excellently yesterday.Has good pace and bowled good line and lengths. No ball should be avoided because in T20 it often results to a 4 or 6 courtesy free hit.So it's a big No (no pun intended). With Mohit and Ashwin  leaking runs it was good to see some bowler do his job properly.

9 minutes ago, velu said:

chahar - 135 to 140 range

bowled a nice 116 slower ball as well..

looks impressive , i would rate him better new ball bowler than thakur

Yes he bowled well but its thakur who looked more threatening, thakur added pressure with his accurate pace after that 14 runs over by chahar

Edited by speedheat