Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

he is not bowling quick in second spell does not mean it is happening due to fitness.  it also may be intentionally. 

Whatever reason it is happening ... whether intentionally or due to lack of fitness ... Sran needs to rectify it. 

Remember his last international stint when he had difficulty crossing 137 k in most matches ?

A young pacer should bowl at his full speed unless he is trying slower balls.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Seeing him I always feel he can bowl quicker than what he has bowled till now.  he never seems to exert much effort when hitting 140KPH.

A young pacer needs to exert himself sufficiently. Only age 33+ pacers can bowl within themselves.

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Whatever reason it is happening ... whether intentionally or due to lack of fitness ... Sran needs to rectify it. 

Remember his last international stint when he had difficulty crossing 137 k in most matches ?

A young pacer should bowl at his full speed unless he is trying slower balls.

A young pacer needs to exert himself sufficiently. Only age 33+ pacers can bowl within themselves.

things is I dont see pace as everything.  Pace is just an x-factor. It does not make a bowler.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

things is I dont see pace as everything.  Pace is just an x-factor. It does not make a bowler.

I am talking about the issue of a young pacer bowling below the pace he is capable of.  This is not a good thing to do.

I did not say that pace is everything ... and that issue was not being discussed here.   (  A pacer obviously needs brains, accuracy, bounce, movement etc. along with pace )

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am talking about the issue of a young pacer bowling below the pace he is capable of.  This is not a good thing to do.

I did not say that pace is everything ... and that issue was not being discussed here.   (  A pacer obviously needs brains, accuracy, bounce, movement etc. along with pace )

But we should not write off a bowler just because he is bowling a few km slower than he should.

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I agree to this. When a pacer is bowling at a lesser speed than he is capable of , more often than not it is an issue. As you pointed out in some post before, it could be due to some niggle, lack of consistent intensity or inability to retain pace across spells. Morevover, this is a big tournament. If one puts lesser efforts than what he is capable of in such a major tournament of India, then it is something to worry about.

14 hours ago, asterix said:

Excellent bowling by Chahar. Good potential... :nice:

The best part about him is that i saw him move the ball in as well. So he has to versatility to confuse the batters. Problem is he needs to pitch it on right line and length. Been unreliable in some matches wherein he was scored off, been very good in some (like yesterdays match). It would be interesting to see if the consistency comes in when he plays next IPL. 

5 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I agree to this. When a pacer is bowling at a lesser speed than he is capable of , more often than not it is an issue. As you pointed out in some post before, it could be due to some niggle, lack of consistent intensity or inability to retain pace across spells. Morevover, this is a big tournament. If one puts lesser efforts than what he is capable of in such a major tournament of India, then it is something to worry about.

No bowler can bowl at his optimum pace every game.  144 has been his max till now. So, it is not unimaginable that he would not be able to bowl at 144K in every game. a bowler with max pace of 144 will have an average pace around 135-138K. Someone like Brett Lee could bowl 155Kph but he did not bowl that pace every game and his average pace hovered in low 140s. Starc has max pace 150-152, but his average hovers 140-144.

Just now, rkt.india said:

No bowler can bowl at his optimum pace every game.  144 has been his max till now. So, it is not unimaginable that he would not be able to bowl at 144K in every game. a bowler with max pace of 144 will have an average pace around 135-138K. Someone like Brett Lee could bowl 155Kph but he did not bowl that pace every game and his average pace hovered in low 140s. Starc has max pace 150-152, but his average hovers 140-144.

Has anyone said that he is not bowling at his highest pace every delivery.  The point that Bowling express (valid imo) bought forward that pace drops. By pace drop it is considered as average pace gets dropped by lot of kph. Is anyone over here complaingin he is dropping pace by 1 or 2 kph? I don't think so. The pace drop is probably significant.

5 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Has anyone said that he is not bowling at his highest pace every delivery.  The point that Bowling express (valid imo) bought forward that pace drops. By pace drop it is considered as average pace gets dropped by lot of kph. Is anyone over here complaingin he is dropping pace by 1 or 2 kph? I don't think so. The pace drop is probably significant.

no, i dont think pace drop is significant at all. pace drop from 142 to 137 is not significant, IMO. because 142 is close to his peak pace.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

no, i dont think pace drop is significant at all. pace drop from 142 to 137 is not significant, IMO. because 142 is close to his peak pace.

Any website wherein we can check his pace across overs? 

Think cricinfo had one graph for ODi and tests, didnt find it for IPL matches.