Slower ...  no run

141 k  ... good length at stumps ... 2 runs

141 k ...  yorker ... just 1 run

141 k ... good yorker ...  no run

131 k ... bouncer ... no run

Slower ...  OUT 

Just 3 runs and a wicket in the 18th over ...  gold 

Amazing over considering the situation.

Prasidh is way ahead of all other uncapped Indian pacers and some capped pacers as well.

1. Has brain unlike other pacers.

2. Not a bowling machine, varies his length well.

3. Has much better control over the ball as compared to other pacers.

Edited by Straight Drive

2 minutes ago, velu said:

before the IPL , prasidh was called by :kkr: to bowl at the nets and evaluated him..

later they told him that they will call him back if someone in the squad gets injured ..

how on earth these management guys cant differnetaite between vinay and prasidh ? 

may be he was nervous during trials. Experienced players are an easy way out, but evaluating the game of experienced players in a nuanced skill.

6 minutes ago, velu said:

before the IPL , prasidh was called by :kkr: to bowl at the nets and evaluated him..

later they told him that they will call him back if someone in the squad gets injured ..

how on earth these management guys cant differnetaite between vinay and prasidh ? 

Exactly!!!! Who is KKR bowling coach?? He should take the blame..

8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Just one word for Krishna prasidh BRILLIANT @rkt.india @express bowling can he increase his pace in future?? Even though I feel he has good enough pace to be successful but still does he has action to increase his pace??

Yes, he can increase his pace for sure.

Can improve his follow through and wrist action.

But it is not just about bowling action.  Indian pacers typically are at their quickest from 24 to  30 / 32 ... provided they want to bowl quick and work on their fitness.  Prasidh is just 22.

Moreover, Prasidh has played just 1 FC match.  As he plays more and bowls more, he should be able to bowl quicker and sustain his pace too.  The BCCI must see to it that Prasidh, along with Avesh,  Mavi, Nagarkoti and Khaleel play a lot of FC for the next 2 seasons.

Working with strength and fitness experts at the NCA and improving his core strength will help him improve his pace too.

41 minutes ago, eternalhope said:

One interesting observation is Khejroliya gains pace when he bowls the short ball while Prasidh loses pace. 

Watched Prasidh live for the first time today, very impressed with his head. He has a good future.

He gets up too early and doesn't bend his back when bowling short ball. Khejroliya is opposite. He doesn't stay up long enough to generate higher pace with full balls and puts more effort in short balls. Its called delayed bowling arm when bowling full. 

40 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He gets up too early and doesn't bend his back when bowling short ball. Khejroliya is opposite. He doesn't stay up long enough to generate higher pace with full balls and puts more effort in short balls. Its called delayed bowling arm when bowling full. 

What could be the cause of the delayed bowling arm? I guess you are refering to Khejroliya here. 

Does Prasidh's inability to bend his back got to do with his last Stride when he strikes the crease? His action looks pretty similar to Jason Gillespie, but Jason would get disconcerting bounce from even good lengths.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

No, he did not.

For a 6'4" pacer bowling 135 k to 143 k as his default pace on the bouncy Australian pitches,  Gillespie was far more skiddy than bouncy.

McGrath was the bouncy bowler.

But @express bowling brother i heard ,once Akash chopra said of all the Aussie bowlers he faced Gillespie was the one who bowled the most difficult line,he said he could bounce the ball from good length area,I know Akash Chopras credentials as batsmen ,but that is what he said about Gillespie

Edited by Suhaan

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

No, he did not.

For a 6'4" pacer bowling 135 k to 143 k as his default pace on the bouncy Australian pitches,  Gillespie was far more skiddy than bouncy.

McGrath was the bouncy bowler.

I guess we r watching a different bowler or different game

7 hours ago, eternalhope said:

What could be the cause of the delayed bowling arm? I guess you are refering to Khejroliya here. 

Does Prasidh's inability to bend his back got to do with his last Stride when he strikes the crease? His action looks pretty similar to Jason Gillespie, but Jason would get disconcerting bounce from even good lengths.

Khejroliya doesn't have that delayed arm and also falls a bit.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

But @express bowling brother i heard ,once Akash chopra said of all the Aussie bowlers he faced Gillespie was the one who bowled the most difficult line,he said he could bounce the ball from good length area,I know Akash Chopras credentials as batsmen ,but that is what he said about Gillespie

McGrath used to get more bounce from good length but probably chopra didnt play him. Gillespie wasn't much of a bouncy bowler.