Humble pie for Dhoni haters

Stradlater

Pant is not some don bradman that he should be treated differently then 100s of other Indian cricketer.

Every cricketer goes through the same path when they are young. They always get few chances here and there alongside the senior team. Thats how it should be.

Nobody is saying pant should not get chance, but he is already getting it as compared to so many others who does not get even those 3-4 games. The onus is on him to outplay everyone else.

Pant is a special talent and should be nurtured that way. How many 20 year olds had a strike of 170 in IPL in last 10 years. I challenge name one. What Pant has done in last 3 IPLs as 18,19, and 20 year old. None of the current Indian stars could dream of.  I have never seen a better hitter of the ball than Pant at his age and his shots are clear, just clean hitting and yes, his game is still developing, which he showed in the innings versus and is still getting stronger.     

Let me tell you, the year he was selected for India U19, his strike rate in domestic one day youth cricket was 154, top run getter and no other batsman even close.  He is a teen prodigy.

Edited by rkt.india

Average player who hacks everything on leg side.. Long way to 2 go, might just disappear like many hyped players before him lol. Don't even bother 

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2018/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-delhi-daredevils-m186520/match-clips/pant-showers-sixes-in-48ball-85/2001612499

watch this innings see his off side play. barely anything on the leg. all down the ground and off side.

He has already scored 300 runs at an SR of 170.

I didn't say he didn't score , what I want him is cement his place in tests as backup first for this long tour.I don't want to see karthik or Partiv Patel anywhere near Indian test team.

Edited by putrevus

I didn't say he didn't score , what I want him is cement his place in tests as backup first for this long tour.I don't want to see karthik or Partiv Patel anywhere near Indian test team.

DK and PP will be the backup keepers for the time being irrespective of what he does. Our selections have been conservative.  He ideally should have been picked against England at home when Saha got injured.  They instead picked PP.

DK and PP will be the backup keepers for the time being irrespective of what he does. Our selections have been conservative.  He ideally should have been picked against England at home when Saha got injured.  They instead picked PP.

I don't think so, if he has extraordinary IPL he will force his selection.Last year he had to contend with Dekock now it is his job.

Yesterday he did well but not enough to to make people notice had he won the match and follows up with couple of hundreds. I don't see why he is not selected as long as his keeping skills are good.Don't know how his keeping is rated ?

I don't think so, if he has extraordinary IPL he will force his selection.Last year he had to contend with Dekock now it is his job.

Yesterday he did well but not enough to to make people notice had he won the match and follows up with couple of hundreds. I don't see why he is not selected as long as his keeping skills are good.Don't know how his keeping is rated ?

A single batsman cannot win you a game chasing 212. You need runs from other end as well.

100% pant wnt be selected for test in England.....m saying a 100%

• IPL cant lead to a test selection 
  • Under kohli a youngster getting a chance that to someone who hasnt won his trust , not happening specially on overseas tour
  • DK last ball 6 will take him long way, coz they want karthik to do well and even if that 1 six gives them that assurance they will take it 
  • DK has done well in England in test cricket 

infact ill say 95% chance he wnt be even selected in LOI 

A single batsman cannot win you a game chasing 212. You need runs from other end as well.

Yes I know but if he had scored 100 and remained till the end who knows what could have happened.What I hope to see is this guy be long term no 4 in odis. I have not assessed his technical skills as a batsman and he does have limitations thru offside.

Kohli when he started hardly had any offside game also.So everything can be developed as long as he stays hungry.He looks leaner this year which is a good sign.MI keeper is also a good prospect.

100% pant wnt be selected for test in England.....m saying a 100%

• IPL cant lead to a test selection 
  • Under kohli a youngster getting a chance that to someone who hasnt won his trust , not happening specially on overseas tour
  • DK last ball 6 will take him long way, coz they want karthik to do well and even if that 1 six gives them that assurance they will take it 
  • DK has done well in England in test cricket 

infact ill say 95% chance he wnt be even selected in LOI 

karthik played tests in England in 2007 and if they select him based on that it will be the most retarded selection.

karthik played tests in England in 2007 and if they select him based on that it will be the most retarded selection.

that wnt be the alone reason, reasons are many that perfomance in 2007 will also used to give themselves faith on him

his form in domestic

experience 

he was called as replacment in SA of saha so he was next in line

he has won team mngmt trust

Lol at people thinking pant will get into the test team. The guy can barely get a place as a t20 keeper where we have had mediocre performances for the last 10 years. How can he replace Saha who has performed reasonably well.

Nobody is asking him to replace Saha, but if he cannot force his way to be a backup keeper replacing two of the worst keepers in Parthiv and Karthik then this guy is not what he is hyped up to be and he is not worth investing anytime.

that wnt be the alone reason, reasons are many that perfomance in 2007 will also used to give themselves faith on him

his form in domestic

experience 

he was called as replacment in SA of saha so he was next in line

he has won team mngmt trust

Karthik it is never a question about his ability , he is mentally not capable to play international cricket and he has proved it over and over again.One 8 ball innings won't change it.

Nobody is asking him to replace Saha, but if he cannot force his way to be a backup keeper replacing two of the worst keepers in Parthiv and Karthik then this guy is not what he is hyped up to be and he is not worth investing anytime.

Not pants fault the selectors are not selecting him despite being a better keeper than pappu and Karthik. And now after Karthik blitzkrieged the phaast bowler sowmya sarkar, it got even tougher. Let's hope pant can continue this form, and dhoni decides to stop leeching and step away from T20s.

Karthik it is never a question about his ability , he is mentally not capable to play international cricket and he has proved it over and over again.One 8 ball innings won't change it.

lets not go their , i have been screaming about it for an year and have given up on it. 

I hve learned it hard way that no matter what u think selectors will think otherwise

Not pants fault the selectors are not selecting him despite being a better keeper than pappu and Karthik. And now after Karthik blitzkrieged the phaast bowler sowmya sarkar, it got even tougher. Let's hope pant can continue this form, and dhoni decides to stop leeching and step away from T20s.

We don't know that, I don't think they would be sticking with Karthik and Parthiv if they felt Pant's keeping is top class.We can't use Dhoni is there excuse for these newcomers when it comes to tests.

Dhoni even after doing well here should stop playing T20s for India.

Dont  know why this additional orgasms by the suckers..May be because they have been starved of it in international cricket since  last 2-3 years..This has been the same pattern..This man does the same in the April-May to screw us in blue throughout the rest of the year.People here are discussing about international bowlers and all that,forget about that,the hypocrite could not hit Madziva for 9 runs when Chugumbura played a blinder in the same match.

Dhoni fans' delusional is so bulletproof,that it looks even ECT would not be able to save them...Although Psychiatrists dont give a damn about this ****,If they observe the pretendor's sucker defendors,they would introduce new disorder.

Edited by Bigg Brother

We don't know that, I don't think they would be sticking with Karthik and Parthiv if they felt Pant's keeping is top class.We can't use Dhoni is there excuse for these newcomers when it comes to tests.

Dhoni even after doing well here should stop playing T20s for India.

Pant is a better keeper than PP. he is better keeper against pacers than Dhoni. the biggest that prevents his selection is being too young. Selectors want to him refine his skill, batting, keeping and then pick for the tests. They dont want a half baked products like PP and DK were in 2002 and 2003.

Edited by rkt.india

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2018/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-delhi-daredevils-m186520/match-clips/pant-showers-sixes-in-48ball-85/2001612499

watch this innings see his off side play. barely anything on the leg. all down the ground and off side.

I saw one cover drive for six unless you think taking on spinners or scoring over mid-off as offside shots. It is technically offside but to a left-hander thats a straight drive with the ball coming in at an angle. He is a great talent but throwing him to the wolves in the test areana will be very hard for him. He needs to prove in LOIs first. I dont want to jinx him but his playing style looks like Lara. But I wonder how he'll undergo the short ball barrage and seam friendly conditions in tests.