SQUADS announced for Afghanistan test and England LOIs

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Why should he be picked?

im not up for his selection, neither him being a part of Wc plans . But to be fair he hasnt done anything to be dropped

and most importantly if u see the squad he wud have been a 6th bowling option as they have not picked anyone  other

So my question is he dropped or injured?

24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

im not up for his selection, neither him being a part of Wc plans . But to be fair he hasnt done anything to be dropped

and most importantly if u see the squad he wud have been a 6th bowling option as they have not picked anyone  other

So my question is he dropped or injured?

he has not done anything to be picked.  Krunal should have been picked as 6th bowler.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he has not done anything to be picked.  Krunal should have been picked as 6th bowler.

whats the point of thinking it when it was not going to happen, krunal has to perform in A-series to be selected and thats how this selection committee works. He is definitely on radar but this selection committee goes for experience (thats why radyu n raina came back) and if a youngsters performs everywhere thats when he gets in

19 hours ago, asterix said:

Everybody knows that Dhoni gets most of his quota players in the squad even if he’s not the captain because he can pull Lots of strings, which Kohli can’t...

Now you know why any Tom, Dick or Harry players keep on praising Dhoni and suck up to him...

This Cancer keeps on harming Indian Cricket...

So Captain Dhoni can still win more tournaments like SA series. Even more important is he dropped Rohit from Test squad and added KLR to all teams. Almost like overriding Kohli and Bunty. Wow. Loving it. Wish he continues for ever and ever. :dance: 

Edited by Shunya
20 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Exaggerated value giving to it 

No. Not at all. It is any day a better reflection of performance than Vijay Hazare Trophy and Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy for LOI cricket.  Vijay Hazare Trophy and Sayed Mushtaq Ali Trophy are actually domestic player feeders for IPL. LOI teams should always be selected based on consistent IPL performances.  There can always be exceptions though.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:27 AM, Straight Drive said:

Good that Vijay Shankar's not featuring in any of the squads. 

i predicted that earlier that Vijay wont get into international team..final INDIA 15 in either test or ODI and even wont make it into t20..he has temperament issue and his bowling is not too impressive.

So here is Pant smashing the best bowling lineup in IPL and getting a 100

but well past it and utter failures still getting to playing int T20s: Dhawan, Raina, Pandey, Dhoni

Pant is right now is head and shoulders above the above 4 players

On 5/9/2018 at 10:29 AM, wanted_desi said:

I think Umesh will do well in England. 

i think all indian bowlers are likely to do well who get the chance to be in the final 11 but umesh has got swing and pace regularly , it seems he is ready, ideally i would want him to be a little faster too but it seems he is maintaining his line n length well now and that would mean he could end up challenging BHUVI as he is doing what bhuvi is known for SWING and line n length and has reduced a bit of pace but still is faster than BHuvi...

SID Kaul is one guy who has bowled fast and beautifully in IPL but if he trundles then he could end up becoming another vinay kumar...he has to continue to be a 136 to 145K bowler that he has tried to portray for himself in IPL.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, Sooda said:

#TeamIndia for three-match ODI series against England announced

Virat (Capt), Shikhar, Rohit, KL Rahul, Shreyas, Rayudu, MS Dhoni(wk), Dinesh Karthik, Chahal, Kuldeep, Sundar, Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah, Hardik, Kaul, Umesh #ENGvIND

#TeamIndia for three-match T20I series against England announced

Virat (Capt), Shikhar, Rohit, KL Rahul, Raina, Manish, MS Dhoni(wk), Dinesh Karthik, Chahal, Kuldeep, Sundar, Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah, Hardik, Kaul, Umesh #ENGvIND

#TeamIndia for two-match T20I series against Ireland announced

Virat (Capt), Shikhar, Rohit, KL Rahul, Raina, Manish, MS Dhoni(wk), Dinesh Karthik, Chahal, Kuldeep, Sundar, Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah, Hardik, Kaul, Umesh #IREvIND

#TeamIndia for one-off Test against Afghanistan announced

Ajinkya (Capt), Shikhar, Vijay, KL Rahul, Pujara, Karun Nair, Saha (wk), Ashwin, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Umesh, Shami, Hardik, Ishant, Shardul #INDvAFG

Wonderful presentation