Dinesh Karthik - Mini Finisher !!!

velu

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Good think about DK is his SR since that BD final. Has shown right approach regarding tonking bowlers. Thats the way to launch assault on bowlers in this format and they panic with line and length. 

It all came from heavy domestic performance. As a captain he steps up big time.

Vijay Hazare 2017 final

From 49/4 he revived the innings

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8890/scorecard/1053887/tamil-nadu-vs-bengal-final/

Vijay Hazare 2017 semi final HIghest scorer while chasing

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8890/scorecard/1053883/baroda-vs-tamil-nadu-1st-semi-final/

He was topping the charts scoring over 600 runs 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=11523;type=tournament

Edited by vvvslaxman

2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Brilliant tournament he'd had. His best ever. But choked when it mattered. 

Last match was a do or die match. I wouldn't say choke. He pulled his team out of trouble several times. This was just an error in judgement. Not really a great ball. He would have handled Rasheed way better than the other guys.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Last match was a do or die match. I wouldn't say choke. He pulled his team out of trouble several times. This was just an error in judgement. Not really a great ball. He would have handled Rasheed way better than the other guys.

Overconfidence of 'form'. But a great tournament. :hatsoff: 

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Dinesh Karthik: It's hard to digest, we played a good tournament. To finish on the losing side doesn't feel good. We had the game at the 10-over mark, couple of bad shots cost us. Me, Robin had to bat through, Lynn was good. Me not batting through was a mistake on my part.

He knew it. Him and Gill ideal combo against any type of bowling

2 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Hope he can replicate this form for the Indian middle order in ODIs..

Rahul, DK, Rayudu are good additions to the middle order based on current form. 

yOu need players with very less weaknesses. We don't need monsters against one type of bowling mouse against another type of bowling. Lynn, Russell and lot of West Indians prime examples. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

yOu need players with very less weaknesses. We don't need monsters against one type of bowling mouse against another type of bowling. Lynn, Russell and lot of West Indians prime examples. 

Yup.. DK always had the technique.. his weakness was temperament... he's been getting better at that 

16 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

One of reasons why certain players suck internationally.