ICC launches investigation after reports of match-fixing in Sri Lanka Tests

saik

2 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

Bit confused as to why this is called match fixing. Match fixing is when players are intentionally under performing to throw a match.

This is a case of betting syndicates making hefty profits as a result of inside information.

Changing the pitch and making it not according to acceptable ICC guidelines is also a kind of a fixing. This can change the result of whole game. Should punish to all fixers. ICC must investigate independently.

3 hours ago, WeStMiDz said:

Bit confused as to why this is called match fixing. Match fixing is when players are intentionally under performing to throw a match.

This is a case of betting syndicates making hefty profits as a result of inside information.

if a match or ground official is involved in fixing any of the parameters to influence the result of the game it is being called fixing.

The danger with this is, say like in SA when Faf asks for a green seaming track or in Sl if the captain asks for a turner against Aus, that for now is not called fixing. But if aljazzmyarsera is to be asked they will say when ever India is involved in any capacity it can be called fixing, for other teams meh. 

On 5/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, nevada said:

More revelations - https://www.deccanchronicle.com/amp/sports/cricket/270518/india-australia-ranchi-england-chennai-test-match-fixing-al-jazeera-re.html      My gut feel is that some amount of minor fixing happens in lots of matches, accounting for “inexplicable” decisions. In the IPL, owners like Raj Kundra and Meiyappan have been caught but other owners also might be up to the same shenanigans IMO. The outcome of the match itself is not fixed but minor things like toss, batting first, bowling changes, wides, no balls etc can be fixed. That being said, I wonder how big the betting market must be to be able to afford handsome payments to players/ground staff/administrative personnel. Maybe the bookies fix small things, show newbie betters their “power” to make them feel the entire match including the outcome happens per their command and lure the gullible to bet huge amounts? I have heard about people losing chores of rupees on bets. They can’t be betting on just no balls and wides alone. 

Multi-billion dollar industry. Spot fixing is more rampant as it's easier to do.

There's definitely something about this documentary. I believe that Australia and England might have fixed the match and you could see Australian batsmen (Maxwell) taking out his helmet twice in one over which is really shady as Robin also said that such antics are signs of fixing has been done