Why is it that fans fervently prefer defensive cricket?

6 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He is a legside hack

Well, he did well in IPL for 3 years , but never performed well in National Level

I know he beat the crap out of Bhuvneswar Kumar but it's hard to take IPL seriously

I actually feel we don't have anymore proper options for wicketkeeping after Dhoni.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

So how can Dinesh Karthik get third ,fourth and fifth chances but we dismiss a 20 year as a hack.

What has Dinesh Karthik shown internationally in last 10 years which we can say for sure he is an upgrade over Pant.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Parthiv Patel was 17 when he made his debut, Sachin was 16, I don't think age should hinder selection.Karthik had his chances ,there is a chance of this kid will losing his confidence  and we might end up losing a real talent.

I have not seen infusion of fresh talent from this selection committee and they keep going back to these TTFs.

Sachin is the exception that proves the rule. Parthiv didnt grab the opportunity did he. That's what happens when you are introduced to cricket this early. As someone mentioned Pant was troubled by a local trundler in Ranji. He needs to work out his off side play like his coverdrives and cuts. He has to work out his chinks before he gets into the national squad.

What test teams require is a solid wicketkeeper first and then a batsman next. Pant needs to keep wickets in domestic matches to get used to keeping for long hours. If India doesnt bowl well (which happens all the time) he needs to keep for 160 overs at a time. He has to be ready for that. This is not t20 where 20 overs of keeping and go to tonk the ball from the get go. Test teams are full of "TTFs" you dont need someone to strike the first ball to the boundary like Sehwag. I would pick Dravid over Sehwag any day of the week.

14 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He is a legside hack

Well, he did well in IPL for 3 years , but never performed well in National Level

I know he beat the crap out of Bhuvneswar Kumar but it's hard to take IPL seriously

I actually feel we don't have anymore proper options for wicketkeeping after Dhoni.

He got 4 games in the national level. One of then he only played 3 balls. And other games were not even consistent chances he got. If it's hard to take IPL seriously, then we should get rid of the hasbeen dhoni as well right going by your logic?

We have lots of options for wk after dhoni. But we won't know that because we keep giving chances to tried and tested failures so thalaiva can keep sucking up the momentum.

Just now, Garuda said:

Sachin is the exception that proves the rule. Parthiv didnt grab the opportunity did he. That's what happens when you are introduced to cricket this early. As someone mentioned Pant was troubled by a local trundler in Ranji. He needs to work out his off side play like his coverdrives and cuts. He has to work out his chinks before he gets into the national squad.

What test teams require is a solid wicketkeeper first and then a batsman next. Pant needs to keep wickets in domestic matches to get used to keeping for long hours. If India doesnt bowl well (which happens all the time) he needs to keep for 160 overs at a time. He has to be ready for that. This is not t20 where 20 overs of keeping and go to tonk the ball from the get go. Test teams are full of "TTFs" you dont need someone to strike the first ball to the boundary like Sehwag. I would pick Dravid over Sehwag any day of the week.

Local trundler if he can swing will trouble even Steven Smith. You cannot go by one odd performance, There is always something all players need to work on to improve their game.

How was Kohli in 2008 and how is Kohli now, players improve  by playing with greater talent and that applies more to younger players than older players.

PP is still not enough but we cannot fault selectors for selecting him and if these bozos are waiting for a finished article in WK they will never get it.

He got 4 games in the national level. One of then he only played 3 balls. And other games were not even consistent chances he got. If it's hard to take IPL seriously, then we should get rid of the hasbeen dhoni as well right going by your logic?

We have lots of options for wk after dhoni. But we won't know that because we keep giving chances to tried and tested failures so thalaiva can keep sucking up the momentum.

I am no Dhoni Fan
BCCI is pretty much actively backing Pant Anyways.

However , I do feel that BCCI arguably has no interest in losing some matches for the sake of the future- especially when they are already steamrolling other teams even with a visibly **** team

Virat Kohli is himself a pretty defensive player IMO- along with his ego and vested interest in becoming the biggest star of his team, I feel India might actually become a better bowling and Fielding side while having a **** batting line up.

Even Cornerstone sign ups like KL Rahul don't stand a chance for greatness LMAOO.
Kohli is more present oriented- he will like to win loads of matches as captain rather than loss a few to build a great team for future.

5 hours ago, lamellavig said:

Your opinion is an indicator of compromised intelligence. There is literally no logical reasoning to support Karthik over Pant. Selection of Karthik has much greater associated opportunity costs.

5 hours ago, lamellavig said:

Your stupidity is evident because you do not allow Pant to be worked out. You do not give him a chance but still think he will be worked out. It is utter idiocy. You should never comment on cricket again. 

Can you take your preachy tone and stick it where sun dont shine. Your behavior is very annoying.