Are India ready to take on this England side in ODIs?

chewy

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

there is no such Aussie method.  When all your main bowlers are injured what were they going to do? play 2nd string which they are doing.  No method behind that.

Aussie method or whatever. They certainly don't pay attention to few ODI bilaterals and safeguard their main pace bowlers for better challenges.

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Both of our spinners are bowling really well in tandem. Eng might score against them but they give wickets as well....
Which means, 400 are out of scope...
Don't underestimate our batting on flat tracks....Rohit will unleash himself on these roads

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Rohit is in poor form. Unless hE plays selfish slow innings on pattas which even pathetic Rahane can do I don't see him scoring much.

you did not understand what I wanted to say. Our spinners got dry pitches in ODIs this time in SA where ball turned and as soon as they got conditions where ball was not turning, they got thrashed. 

they will get same conditions in England where there might not be much dew, but ball will not turn like it did in SA.

There's a difference between 'bowling on a non-turner' and 'bowling with a wet ball'.

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

There has always been a method,they have used those for decades now,and its quite apparant of late,even if their main bowlers are fit they dont exhaust them playing in bilaterals ,by doing so they tick several boxes unlike ours(think tank)

can you tell me which bilateral Aussie main bowlers have missed and when they were not injured in recent times?

33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

can you tell me which bilateral Aussie main bowlers have missed and when they were not injured in recent times?

the recent Aussie oneday tour of India,they even replaced Cummins from the last odi..they preserved their pacers for forthcoming Ashes

18 hours ago, rkt.india said:

there is no such Aussie method.  When all your main bowlers are injured what were they going to do? play 2nd string which they are doing.  No method behind that.

You need to go back and check what their lineups used to like a year or so prior to earlier WCs.  Its like clockwork, there's a definite pattern of promoting a couple of players into prominent roles that they are not quite ready for.  Look at Travis Head and Stoinis, they are definitely batting higher in the order than they deserve to.  But if they use the experience to develop, it would end up really strengthening their ODI team. 

I would dearly love to see Hardik Pandya bat at around the 30th over or so, as often as possible, even when not necessary.  So he has plenty of experience of building an innings in ODIs.  He's already proven he can throw his bat around at the end.  But if he somehow manages to develop into a legit #5 bat, then we can play another bowling option at #7.   

18 hours ago, rkt.india said:

you did not understand what I wanted to say. Our spinners got dry pitches in ODIs this time in SA where ball turned and as soon as they got conditions where ball was not turning, they got thrashed. 

There's a difference between "pitches that don't turn", and a soaked ball that's super difficult to grip.  I am fairly confident that ChaKu can find a way to be effective on "pitches that don't turn" as long as the ball isn't a bar of wet soap.  

6 hours ago, sandeep said:

You need to go back and check what their lineups used to like a year or so prior to earlier WCs.  Its like clockwork, there's a definite pattern of promoting a couple of players into prominent roles that they are not quite ready for.  Look at Travis Head and Stoinis, they are definitely batting higher in the order than they deserve to.  But if they use the experience to develop, it would end up really strengthening their ODI team. 

I would dearly love to see Hardik Pandya bat at around the 30th over or so, as often as possible, even when not necessary.  So he has plenty of experience of building an innings in ODIs.  He's already proven he can throw his bat around at the end.  But if he somehow manages to develop into a legit #5 bat, then we can play another bowling option at #7.   

They are batting higher up because Warner and Smith are not available. As I said they have no choice. Aussies don't have enough depth in their bench strength to successfully replace the six top players they are missing due to various reasons.  We are needlessly giving it so much importance while most of the times it is not by choice.