Sportsmen are retiring late these days !!!

velu

3 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Only to get replaced by-Dinesh Kartik.
Also, Dhoni has sent feelers that he'll play beyond 2019.
And what Dhoni decides, He does it.
He is unstoppable.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I think they'd find it impossible to continue with this farce post the 2019 WC. The only scenario where I can see him carrying on is if India have a poor WC but Dhoni has a great WC individually which buys him some more time. But that is extremely unlikely so I am fairly convinced that we'd move on from him for good.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Tendulkar played ODI cricket for a year after his best it. Did not cost us any ICC tournaments etc. Dhoni is atleast 3 years past being a quality finisher.

Tendulkar played 11 of the 29 Odis India played after the 2011 WC final until Sachin retirement. The Indian team had those 18 Odis where sachin didn't play along with 60 Odis played from Sachin retirement until start of 2015 world cup. That's more than enough to find a replacement even if you're trying to find a replacement for GOAT. And think about our replacement for wk. The guy can't even get in the first class game and only had to be later be called as replacement. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I think they'd find it impossible to continue with this farce post the 2019 WC. The only scenario where I can see him carrying on is if India have a poor WC but Dhoni has a great WC individually which buys him some more time. But that is extremely unlikely so I am fairly convinced that we'd move on from him for good.

We reached CT final with a worse bowling attack. It is possible that we reach semis, even finals with the current squad + Bumrah & Bhuvi. That isn't a big enough reason for introspection in our corrupt setup. 

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Roger federer is an exception not the norm. And lol at the comparison with Misbah. Misbah was exactly like Dhoni. Kept a carefully guarded image of himself and was PCB's man through and through. A guy who choked in the 2007 World t20 and in the Mohali semifinal should have been forcefully retired then at the age of 37 in LOIs. The only reason PCB stuck with him was because their credibility was shot after the fixing fiasco. Between 2011 and 2015, Misbah's ODI strike rate was 70 odd with an average of 40. Misbah played politics to keep out relatively talented batsmen and actually looked like the best player in an extremely weak and one paced batting lineup. If we are gonna compare our batsmen to a lineup that was mediocre even by Pakistan's standards then our cricket is really on life support. Ironically, with all their baggage and lack of infrastructure, they have found 2 good bats in babar and fakhar, very good bowlers , an allrounder and are experimenting with youth to fill the gaps whereas we are regressing ever so slowly.....

Great point about Misbah,one of the most abysmal LOI player I have seen, India's greatest match winner lol,very very unfortunate Dhoni is tarnishing his great legacy by becoming Misbah

Edited by SK_IH

Dhoni only leaves when he wills.
And he has already said he will play beyond 2019 if he doesn't have any health problems.
He is still a good wicketkeeper+Kohli relies a lot on him for captaincy so probs he will drop himself down the batting lineup to preserve his career.
Also, I Know I might sound like a butthurt Dhonitard but let's not boo and discredit Dhoni for not letting Rishab Pant in team-by using his bad performance as a front.
Likes of Hardik Pandya, Rohit Sharma, and Kohli himself performed bad too.
Not to mention Suresh Raina.
But only Dhoni is getting the knife.
Why?
I feel he is more useful to the team than Raina and Sharma.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

we are winning our next world cup .. we are the favorites

dhoni will retire aftre winning another wc :aha: 

Just now, SK_IH said:

Great point about Misbah,one of the most abysmal LOI player I have seen, India's greatest match winner lol,very very unfortunate Dhoni is tarnishing his great legacy by becoming Misbah

You'd have to wonder whose side was he playing on, did a great job for us in the WT20 final & WC SF. In the same vein, selectors have to question whose side is Dhoni on?

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

You'd have to wonder whose side was he playing on, did a great job for us in the WT20 final & WC SF. In the same vein, selectors have to question whose side is Dhoni on?

Dhoni is definitely turning into Misbah,that means one player less in a >250 chase :cantstop:

8 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dhoni only leaves when he wills.
And he has already said he will play beyond 2019 if he doesn't have any health problems.
He is still a good wicketkeeper+Kohli relies a lot on him for captaincy so probs he will drop himself down the batting lineup to preserve his career.
Also, I Know I might sound like a butthurt Dhonitard but let's not boo and discredit Dhoni for not letting Rishab Pant in team-by using his bad performance as a front.
Likes of Hardik Pandya, Rohit Sharma, and Kohli himself performed bad too.
Not to mention Suresh Raina.
But only Dhoni is getting the knife.
Why?
I feel he is more useful to the team than Raina and Sharma.

The team management and the selectors have gone out of their way to block the likes of Pant from the senior team. Now it's one thing to do so just a year or so before the 2019 WC but it would be extremely hard for them to pull it off after the next WC when the goal would be to build a team for the next WC in 2023. There is no way that anyone can "sell" the idea of Dhoni being a legit candidate for the 2023 side. And Dhoni himself would be looking at the WC 2019 WC as his best chance of going out on a high. I don't think even he fancies being embarrassed the way he was yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

The team management and the selectors have gone out of their way to block the likes of Pant from the senior team. Now it's one thing to do so just a year or so before the 2019 WC but it would be extremely hard for them to pull it off after the next WC when the goal would be to build a team for the next WC in 2023. There is no way that anyone can "sell" the idea of Dhoni being a legit candidate for the 2023 side. And Dhoni himself would be looking at the WC 2019 WC as his best chance of going out on a high. I don't think even he fancies being embarrassed the way he was yesterday.

dude .. we ( especially you ) should be happy that TM gave chance to rahul now instead of benching him  :smiley:

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

I hope so man. He can retire after winning the 2019 WC and produce a sequel to his biopic. He can hire Rajkumar Hirani as the director who would edit out the 4-0 thrashings in Tests and knocks like the one yesterday :hehe:.

Haha touche 

PS: Sanju was a pathetic propaganda

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I hope so man. He can retire after winning the 2019 WC and produce a sequel to his biopic. He can hire Rajkumar Hirani as the director who would edit out the 4-0 thrashings in Tests and knocks like the one yesterday :hehe:.

if someoen says 4 - 0 , i can recollect only :csk: vs :hs: 

let me tag and annoy @beetle ji as well ( 4 - 0 ) :hs: :hehe:

24 minutes ago, Clarke said:

We reached CT final with a worse bowling attack. It is possible that we reach semis, even finals with the current squad + Bumrah & Bhuvi. That isn't a big enough reason for introspection in our corrupt setup. 

Oh I am fairly certain that we'd make the semis at least. I just think Dhoni carrying on after the 2019 WC is a extremely unlikely given that we now have a couple of explosive alternatives as keeper/bats. They have managed to keep them at bay for now but doing so after the next WC is much much harder.

Dhoni is being blamed by the netizens more for blocking Pant than his bad performance.
It is a form of blame transference-because the other players played shittily too.
But then why did Captain Cool get all the blame?

But the thing is, Pant killed his career the day he was announced to be Dhoni's successor.
Dhoni has this huge inflated ego which he uses to destroy every opponent of his.
Even if he retires on a "high" , he will hang around as consultant/selector/coach/BCCI management.
And no, nobody gives a damn about building team for next WC.
They only want to squeeze out revenue from useless bilaterals.
Dhoni is a person who brings in money.
As much as Pant has support from social media, an average person is blinded by the Thalaiva Aura.
It took nearly 3-4 years to recover from ailaa's retirement and yet we don't think the cricket mania has reached the level when Ailaa used to play.
Dhoni has even bigger fanbase- and I don't think armchair Pundits and Pant fanboys can bring that money.
Dude, more people watched Naagin 3 than The T20 match- this certainly did not happen in my childhood when every cricket match involving India was a festival in itself.

BTW, Dhoni doesn't care about being embarrassed till the money keeps flowing in.

Oh I am fairly certain that we'd make the semis at least. I just think Dhoni carrying on after the 2019 WC is a extremely unlikely given that we now have a couple of explosive alternatives as keeper/bats. They have managed to keep them at bay for now but doing so after the next WC is much much harder.
Dinu Kartik will play for a bit and then we might see KL rahul as the WK bat.
That will allow them to push in another pure batsman as opener and I don't Think dhawan is gonna play till 2023.