Getting booed at Lord's on the day when you reached 10k mark - has any other batsman experienced such low in career?

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Cant really blame any posters because as a fan...everyone want their favorite players to continue. Blame should go to captain and coach. They should take a definitive call but I am afraid they are not working for the best interest of the nation. When MS was captain, he removed all aged expired cricketers post 2011 WC. But if Captain himself is goody goody emotional types, players will take advantage.

Kohli is anything but goody goody emotional type.

He is looking at his interest. 

The guy is a bad loi captain and his reviews are pathetic.

1 minute ago, beetle said:

Kohli is anything but goody goody emotional type.

He is looking at his interest. 

The guy is a bad loi captain and his reviews are pathetic. 

I don't think Kohli is dependent on Dhoni as LOI skipper. He is doing fine in test cricket and should be fine in ODIs too.

But he is an emotional guy who feels his career is indebted towards his seniors. You will always see him overdoing the praise for Sachin, bowing down in front of him at Eden Gardens  after scoring a 50, showering heaps of praise for Yuvi etc. Remember how he said thank you in teachers day in twitter by naming all ex-cricketers? So for a person with that much guru shisya mentality, asking Dhoni ( who was his captain) to retire is a distant thought for him. 

You will find Kohli the test captain completely different. Very authoritative and dominating as he knows he is the boss there. But in ODIs he is still like a shy emotional boy.

40 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhoni needs to understand that every sportsperson comes with an expiry date. As one of his biggest fan, I want to remember MS as the great leader who gave us so many great moments to rejoice. And not a old struggling player who gets booed in a foreign country. :sad_smile:

I sincerely don't understand his motivation to continue playing for India. He has done and achieved everything, now its (high) time to pass the baton to some younger keepers.

#PleaseRetire #YourFan

use before 2020  :phehe:

7 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I wonder if the constant "Shastri hai hai" chants might have had something to do with it :p:. Sanju Manju saw the writing on the wall once Dravid and Ganguly established themselves as first choice. 

He retired due to bad injury else he was very close to being our captain.

Infact, people dont appreciate Shastri becoz of his blabber mouth but he was a good opener outside India/Asia at a time when we were **** poor along with his average left arm spin.

He is surely under appreciated as a cricketer due to his slow strike rate (which can be due to him becoming a batsmen from a bowler a bit like Azhar ali) and his blabber mouth. 

20 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

Yes, but when you shamelessly hang on to your career despite being well past your prime, then it is not rocket science to understand that it’s time to go.

My point wasn't about defending his selfish spot grabbing, but atleast give him the respect he deserves after giving india so much. A man scores 10k and all he got was a boo after giving 2 worldcup ... how sad is that?

21 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

Yes, but when you shamelessly hang on to your career despite being well past your prime, then it is not rocket science to understand that it’s time to go.

Who care about these useless series which nobody remember? Dhoni is World Champion and he can play as long as he wishes and some of you guys lack civility.

2 minutes ago, Pakistan said:

Who care about these useless series which nobody remember? Dhoni is World Champion and he can play as long as he wishes and some of you guys lack civility.

I would have been happy if you guys had applied the same logic for your own team’s former captain, Misbah-up-Haq.

It is easy to advise someone, but difficult to follow I guess. :p:

1 hour ago, Pakistan said:

It is not us who lack civility. Dhoni is the one who lacks civility as he does not deserves that slot and is shamelessly holding on to it.