Has this team already started disintegrating?

24 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What are you smoking dude...what a looser thinking.

It's called post-humiliation expectation management theory, of which Dhoni is the maestro. 

The way we lost these last two games has been embarrassing. A masterclass in meek and abject surrender. 

Not fair to blame Dhoni for this though. He's just useless now so there is no expectation to be had. Kohli is the bigger problem.

6 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

It's called post-humiliation expectation management theory, of which Dhoni is the maestro. 

The way we lost these last two games has been embarrassing. A masterclass in meek and abject surrender. 

Not fair to blame Dhoni for this though. He's just useless now so there is no expectation to be had. Kohli is the bigger problem.

Yes kohli is utter humiliation as a captain I m watching this entire humiliation just to listen to this arrogant brat post match comment. Sadly we only can vent out our frustration on forum nothing much we can do.

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

This ODI series loss is purely on Kohli. Select the friggin team right for once in overseas tours ffs. Raina in all three ODIs is preposterous, not to mention Dhoni..If we select the right team and then lose that’s a different story but this is getting too irritating and annoying.

I feel like Kohli is afraid to drop dhoni, obviously because of his status in Indian cricket but also because he relies on Dhoni for guidance when things get tough on the cricket field. When things get tough, you will see Dhoni guiding the bowlers, Kohli will be far removed from the action. Just my view.....

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Things aren't looking under control, captain is getting frustrated and looking clueless, players are looking down and everything is clumsy and chaotic.

Bad signs for upcoming test series. Need to buckle up before it is too late to organize all pieces needed for winning.

LOI was suppose to be confidence booster and this is the time Indian team need someone to motivate them in the field.

Role of Shastri will be very crucial here. He can't contribute much, but this is essentially his department. 

Inject some youth in the team,the team just needs few changes,it can be worldbeater once again, to start the proceedings get rid of Dhoni first..It will mark the auspicious start 

8 hours ago, Pak_cric said:

I feel like Kohli is afraid to drop dhoni, obviously because of his status in Indian cricket but also because he relies on Dhoni for guidance when things get tough on the cricket field. When things get tough, you will see Dhoni guiding the bowlers, Kohli will be far removed from the action. Just my view.....

This is pretty apparent and pathetic too. 

When Dhoni himself was captain, he dropped Sehwag, who himself was in horrible form. Why can’t Kohli do the same to even Raina, if not Dhoni?

I wouldn't go that far.

However, their well-known inadequacies were amplified by world's number 1 team playing in their own backyard.

None of the issues, maybe with the exception of three genuine number 11 batsmen, were unknown to serious cricket followers prior to this series.