No Confidence motion against goverment on friday 20th July

Austin 3:!6

9 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

With due respect to Andhra people, can anyone explain why they want special status? What is so special about Andhra that other states dont have? Jhardkhand, Uttarakhand etc all got new states but no one wanted special status.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not an Andhra person but maybe because they are losing Hyderabad. I guess AP people contributed a lot in making Hyderabad the mega-city it is today. Naidu was the chief architect of modern Hyd when he was CM-> IT, pro-business, corporates, industries, education and medical hub, sports centre (recall Afro-Asian Games).......

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Not an Andhra person but maybe because they are losing Hyderabad. I guess AP people contributed a lot in making Hyderabad the mega-city it is today. Naidu was the chief architect of modern Hyd when he was CM-> IT, pro-business, corporates, industries, education and medical hub, sports centre (recall Afro-Asian Games)......... lots of investment there which Telangana folk will enjoy without having contributed much.

Please don't make statements like these if you are not fully aware of facts. Reality is far from making a simplistic statement such as the bold one above. A public forum like this is probably not the right platform to discuss issues such as these as lot of information and lot of factors get into discussion.  It is Andhra leaders/politicians who were short sighted to not let all parts of erstwhile state prosper equally well and not focus only on Hyderabad. And, moreover "did Telangana folks have the opportunity to contribute as much as they could" is an interesting question to ponder over. 

Telangana people, Andhra people, Lot of Hyderabadi muslims who eventually migrated to Pakistan, Many Maharashtrians from Vidarbha as well as Aurangabad region ( who settled in Hyd as a princely state ), Karnataka people from Bidar and Gulbarga ( again part of Hyderabad state ) and many others ( from North India n other places ) all contributed to the development of Hyderabad in the last 400 odd years. Even if we restrict ourselves to the modern era since 1900, they all gave a fair share to the city and got duly rewarded too. 

Not an Andhra person but maybe because they are losing Hyderabad. I guess AP people contributed a lot in making Hyderabad the mega-city it is today. Naidu was the chief architect of modern Hyd when he was CM-> IT, pro-business, corporates, industries, education and medical hub, sports centre (recall Afro-Asian Games)......... lots of investment there which Telangana folk will enjoy without having contributed much.

Yeah, silly Telangana people don't deserve Hyderabad. What did they do for Hyderabad? The max they did was lose many of their lives fighting with Razaakars who tried to accede the hyderabad state to Pakistan. Stupid folks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

TDP then vs TDP now

DimuQf0W0AAqXpX?format=jpg

I think TDP messed up in Andhra with their own misrule and incompetence and now they have found a way deflect the blame on central govt ( Kejriwal tactic) and paint themselves as a party who sacrificed their position for state's cause.

Edited by Number

TDP then vs TDP now
DimuQf0W0AAqXpX?format=jpg

I think TDP messed up in Andhra with their own misrule and incompetence and now they have found a way deflect the blame on central govt ( Kejriwal tactic) and paint themselves as a party who sacrificed their position for state's cause.

The problem with this is that if public see that a Modi govt returning back in 2019, they won’t like to take risk in voting for TDP which is on Anti Modi crusade...

@sarcastic @nikred Sorry for not wording the para properly. I wanted to mean that is what Andhra people and their politicians might feel or use to argue their point, not what I feel. I am not from either of those 2 states and don't have complete info, just wagered a guess. I have edited my post and removed the contentious line, I didn't mean to offend anyone and sincere apologies if you felt offended. 

I am sure that many groups of people contributed towards development of Hyd. I am aware of the Telangana movement as well as Qasim Rizvi and his fanatic band of Razaakars. Not doubting the sufferings, sacrifice and legitimate concerns of Telangana people at all.

I’ve fond memories of my days in Secunderabad & Hyderabad. I’ve emotional attachment with these cities...

Look at the video below... I’m sure many of the demands are genuine... yes, NCBN is also corrupt...

But BJP is not a saint party. I’m pretty sure BJP is doing politics here and not giving enough to AP. I don’t understand why? Why I will do something to jeopardise it’s position in the state?

It’s not about just money. There are clearances like Vizag railway zone which was promised is pending... why?

A B Vajpayee did 3 state bifurcations without any issues... what has Modi-Shah has done? Screwed up one state bifurcation and blame it on Congress? Atleast do something to help the state which will be in negative deficit for years to come as compared to neighbouring states...

People of AP could’ve life long supported NDA but for this Modi-Shah duo who dance on the tunes of that slimy crook Arun Jaitley...

@G_B_ After yesterday’s NCV and NDA gaining more votes inspire of SS walking out, what do you think is the position of SS in NDA? One the biggest looser yesterday was SS.

IMO, SAAMNA editor Raut is running the show...

BJP should seriously look to ditch SS as it seems there cannot be any future patch up.

What a self goal by opposition, they had 2 objectives yet failed it.

1. Show their unity.They had a guaranteed number of 145 together, yet their number came at 126. That's a significant difference. Who did not vote for them should be the question.  While they also failed to capture the undecided ones.

2. RaGa emergence, it was his 48th launch yet he failed to show any maturity and lack natural ability really. Forget allies, but do Congress themselves take him seriously?

Edited by someone

51 minutes ago, asterix said:

@G_B_ After yesterday’s NCV and NDA gaining more votes inspire of SS walking out, what do you think is the position of SS in NDA? One the biggest looser yesterday was SS.

IMO, SAAMNA editor Raut is running the show...

BJP should seriously look to ditch SS as it seems there cannot be any future patch up.

You have answered your own question. It's Raut who is making all the noises. We can't read too much into it. For all the noises, they still run together in state alliance.

And you contradicted yourself, you keep mentioning how BJP needs allies, yet now say BJP should ditch SS.

You have answered your own question. It's Raut who is making all the noises. We can't read too much into it. For all the noises, they still run together in state alliance.

And you contradicted yourself, you keep mentioning how BJP needs allies, yet now say BJP should ditch SS.

BJP needs allies and it got in JDU... you forgot Shah going to meet Nitish for dinner diplomacy? Atleast Shah has realised it. That’s what I was asking for... Shah met Uddhav too but unless he gets rid of Raut’s interference, I don’t see any future... Hence I said to ditch SS at the first opportunity...

27 minutes ago, asterix said:

BJP needs allies and it got in JDU... you forgot Shah going to meet Nitish for dinner diplomacy? Atleast Shah has realised it. That’s what I was asking for... Shah met Uddhav too but unless he gets rid of Raut’s interference, I don’t see any future... Hence I said to ditch SS at the first opportunity...

BJP needs more allies (1 per state bhi chalega) nahi toh waat lag jaayegi 2019 mein. SS-BJP are like family...ignore these petty fights. When BJP is in deep **** you can count only on SS and Akalis to support them. 

I want Siddhu-Kumaraswamy jodi to last till 2019 GE. Also hope the Cauvery issue blows up so that alliances wither away right before election. Do you think DMK will still court Congress if JDS is adamant in Cauvery sharing? AIADMK seems more willing to support national causes in Parliament....DMK thieves need to be electorally wiped out. Also will be fun to see how Congress and Left come to an arrangement....Bengal mein dosti aur Kerala mein dushmani LOL. Hope that fraud alliance too breaks and Bengal sees a 4 cornered fight, time is ripe for change there and BJP may make a few inroads into Mamata territory. 

BJP needs more allies (1 per state bhi chalega) nahi toh waat lag jaayegi 2019 mein. SS-BJP are like family...ignore these petty fights. When BJP is in deep **** you can count only on SS and Akalis to support them. 

Exactly... There are fence sitters like TRS & BJD who can support BJP on national issues. The was TRS & TDP guys fought yesterday, either of them will be in any opposition coalition.
Modi already showing seeds of discontent between JDU & Congress by mentioning treatment Devegouda got from Congress in the past (however the father son duo are opportunistic).

IMO BJP shouldn’t target BJD in Orissa. It still is strong in there and is mostly a fence sitter.

1 hour ago, asterix said:

Exactly... There are fence sitters like TRS & BJD who can support BJP on national issues. The was TRS & TDP guys fought yesterday, either of them will be in any opposition coalition.
Modi already showing seeds of discontent between JDU & Congress by mentioning treatment Devegouda got from Congress in the past (however the father son duo are opportunistic).

IMO BJP shouldn’t target BJD in Orissa. It still is strong in there and is mostly a fence sitter.

+1, don't know why they are getting so aggressive in Odisha. Naveen Patnaik is someone who they can count on in tricky times, besides Patnaik isn't an anti-national like Didi, Netaji, Behenji, Pawar etc. I lived in Odisha for a few months and was impressed by the smooth administration and willingness to improve, besides locals had great respect for the Patnaiks, father and son. BJP should swallow its ego and tie up with BJD as junior partner just like with JDU in Bihar...both were part of NDA earlier for significant period of time and have converging interests in many areas of national interest. Odisha has 21 LS seats and BJP shouldn't give Congress a sniff there. In 2014 BJD won 20 seats (44% voteshare), BJP 1 (21%) and Congress 0 (26%). If BJP tries some daredevil stunt there all 21 seats will go to UPA kitty. Bide time, retain power in 2019 and ensure no new leaders emerge in BJD/JDU so that in future votes get transferred to BJP...that should be the mantra going forward....long term strategy over short term tactics. 

Edited by Gollum