Many Sikhs in UK don’t want to be identified as ‘Indian’

Switchblade

5 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

It’s quite funny; you accuse others of being racist and having a chip on their shoulder, when you yourself are the bext exponent of these qualities

Yeah. A bong is a racist by saying the facts and showing how Bihar, Karnataka, Maharashtra, TN are more historically accomplished than us Bong..... great logic.

You are mistaking my disdain for the overrated, historical nobody region called Punjab, as pro-bong racism. Unlike you, i know the aukaad of my people in the historical context of things.

5 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

This is why it’s important to call people out on their BS:

UK academic source FYI, not the copy from your local bazaar that you seem to be reading from:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/t/the-panjab-and-the-rise-of-sikh-power/

‘The Panjab was the wealthiest province of the Mughal empire in the late 16th and 17th centuries.‘ 

‘His rule was characterised by his tolerance, with Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims all holding equally high office at court.’

Except, it wasn't. Punjab's chauth was lower than that of Bengal, Bihar, Allahabad,Gujarat and Delhi. actually, there was no Punjab back then, but adding chauths from Lahore and Multan subahs. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Except, it wasn't. Punjab's chauth was lower than that of Bengal, Bihar, Allahabad,Gujarat and Delhi. actually, there was no Punjab back then, but adding chauths from Lahore and Multan subahs. 

Dude, you can take your tax collection theory up your behind and gloat all you want about how Bengalis paid more tax to your overloads: The Mughals.  We will happily grant you that title of shelling out the most tax to your overlords, The Mughals. Congrats.  It's hardly a title to be bragging about but if it makes you happy sure go ahead

Edited by PBN

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Yeah. A bong is a racist by saying the facts and showing how Bihar, Karnataka, Maharashtra, TN are more historically accomplished than us Bong..... great logic.

You are mistaking my disdain for the overrated, historical nobody region called Punjab, as pro-bong racism. Unlike you, i know the aukaad of my people in the historical context of things.

you don't know sh*t, I get the feeling you are making up most things as you go along

1 hour ago, PBN said:

@Muloghonto Can you list the Bengali Nobel prize winners which were bragging about in the past threads?  Still waiting for it

but but children in Bengal did more hours of revision so they are the more academic state. Case closed. No other perspective required...lol

Edited by mancalledsting

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Wrong. I can refer you to sources that track the history of irrigation in Punjab through the last couple of millenias. We also have corroborating views of historic visitors to India. Punjab prior to the mughals was largely unremarkable. Think much more of the 'nile', especially in the southern portion (relative to Punjab, not whole course-length) for Bari and Rechna doab. Yes, relative to the world, it has been quite fertile but relative to India and most of rest of Eastern half of Asia, it has been, historically unremarkable. 

Why do you keep on shifting goal posts? First you stated that there was no irrigation in Punjab prior to the British which was proven wrong as there were already pulley style well irrigation aka Persian wheel present in Punjab since atleast 1600.  There’s no single river in Punjab..there are atleast five…wheat is ideal for the land. The premise of the argument was whether Punjab was a prosperous land before the arrival of the British and it was prosperous as was witnessed during the Sikh Empire...case closed.  Even today, Punjab outperforms Bengal region in multiple indices : better economically per capita,etc.  Why do you keep on clutching to straws and keep on going back and back in history?  Duh, everyone knows the story of Kohinoor but having the Kohinoor obviously made the Sikh Empire richer economically. The whole argument is whether Punjab was already a prosperous land before the British and it was. EOD

You can whine about it being due to greater population itself (so not greater per capita), but thats irrelevant, we are comparing the regions as a whole.

Huh, you are obviously going to compare apples to apples. Population always a part in the economics.  Bass stuff…For example,  comparing Antarctica to China and then saying it’s about region and not population is stupid.

Edited by PBN

Anyways, Punjabis and especially Sikhs have a great history..countless tales of bravery, sacrifice; a prosperous legacy of literature, culture, or of religious value, and have definitely punched way above their weight in various fields even today i.e science, social, religious reforms, sports,  entertainment, music, army,etc.  Nothing can change  that.  You can go whine in a corner for all we care.

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

economic and social prosperity is not a pre requisite for wining olympic gold medals, Jamaican sprinters are a case in point

Abhinav Bindra is not some poor person , but a millionaire

Just look at number of vehicles people of punjab has

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_states_ranked_by_number_of_vehicles

In terms of full states per 1000 people vehicle registration is highest in country

31 minutes ago, PBN said:

Anyways, Punjabis and especially Sikhs have a great history..countless tales of bravery, sacrifice; a prosperous legacy of literature, culture, or of religious value, and have definitely punched way above their weight in various fields even today i.e science, social, religious reforms, sports,  entertainment, music, army,etc.  Nothing can change  that.  You can go whine in a corner for all we care.

Bhai I would also include Hindu and Muslim Punjabis in that talented group.

5 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

In terms of full states per 1000 people vehicle registration is highest in country

And also for a game like a shooting which needs a heavy developed  set up you do need economic prosperity.

Can't really compare sprinting with shooting ,the latter being primarily a rich man's sport. 

9 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

also dont forget , 90% of Royal Enfield bikes are bought by punjabis  :bike: :phehe:

7 hours ago, MechEng said:

Amritsar fish vs Illish maach.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

For veggies Chole Bhature vs Luchi Aloor Dum :eating:.

6 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Butter Chicken vs Muloghonto(Yes apparently it's a dish LMAO)

6 hours ago, asterix said:

Punjabi Thali

VS

Bengali Thali

Food Fight? Punjab wins easily again :yay: