Commentary gems tracking thread

11 minutes ago, asterix said:

It’s obvious he’s struggling in English language...
Not sure it was brave or stupid of him to accept the assignment.

I’m not sure if he had any previous experience of commentating in English. How SKY zeroed on him?

Neither I have any idea in Bhajji Blast he was decent with his English while interviewing Willey and Wood.Austin 3:16 said it was for British Sikh community he was hired.Star would certainly sign him once he retires for Hindi team.

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Nothing wrong in not being able to speak in English. It is not his first language. His English is not that much more worse than Wasim or Waqar. In fact I would say marginally better.However,I haven't seen any glimpse of any cricketing acumen or analysis from him.

I was hoping Bhajji would call it like it is but  his answers are the same diplomatic bs in the tone of any other commies we have like Manju,L.Siva,Sunny etc etc. What makes it worse is he can't even articulate that diplomatic bs properly which the other names I have mentioned have perfected.

In fact Sanga's fake accent is the most annoying thing ever. However,he has slowly won a lot of us over as I think he is a wonderful analyst and shows great understanding of the game.

He was critical of Ishant and Rahane and at least supports us more than Manjrekar or Harsha.

5 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

He was critical of Ishant and Rahane and at least supports us more than Manjrekar or Harsha.

wasn't he singing praises of Ishant after his 5 wicket haul? maybe I missed that part where he criticized him.

Rahane is probably the easiest punching bag in this team along with KL Rahul and maybe Umesh Yadav.

When asked about how poor Dhawan was regarding his dismissals since 2014, he skipped around that question.

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

wasn't he singing praises of Ishant after his 5 wicket haul? maybe I missed that part where he criticized him.

Rahane is probably the easiest punching bag in this team along with KL Rahul and maybe Umesh Yadav.

When asked about how poor Dhawan was regarding his dismissals since 2014, he skipped around that question.

Yes he did praise Ishant but before that he was critical if him wanted him to add 2-3 new deliveries in his pocket.Regarding Shikhar no idea when he was asked about it as we endure Bhogle Dada and Harsha and Swann in the pre and post match analysis.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Harbhajan: Ashwin is a handy batter, he started his carrier (sic) as a batter and then started bowling spin. It will be good if he can bat long and rescue India. 

BAM..Ashwin almost inside edges  and luckily to the pad.

Khoteya!

He wanted to say

he started his carrier (sic) as a batter and then started bowling spin , and usne mere career ki maar li

Bhajji jinxed Pujara bhai England ko hi jinx kara de yar unki tarif kar 

Bhajji talking like a fan:Talking about Pujara he is one of the batters who loves to bat really long.Here's hoping him and Virat have a long partnership and take the game till tomorrow :phehe:

Gower: Laughing and asking you are hoping for that aren't you?

Bhajji : like a small child who is telling his childhood dream to some one and we can hope for rain as well tomorrow ha ha ha 

Within two deliveries Pujara is bowled and complete silence from Harbhajan he is keeping quiet :hysterical: