Time to blood in Prithvi Shaw

Pant will get a game,Gavaskar is backing  his case..but it remains to be seen will Virat remain patient with him , he is bound to fail in these swinging conditions (as its very tough for a debutant to perform in these conditions) as he had been with Pandya 

The reason I now realize Pant got all these scant chances which I felt is too early and also got Delhi Captaincy Is because of the Gavaskar factor.
Hmm...I understand the mazaa.

But I don't think Virat is really eager in backing Pant like he did with Hardik

He (and anybody else) just includes him in the team to pacify the set of Mediawalas and ex players who back him to fulfill their own agenda (in case of Gavaskar, I feel like it to sneak in Rohit Sharma) .

And ultimately, we have to stop pretend that these benched players can save India from a whitewash which is not true.
One reason Sam Curran and Ollie Pope are performing because Joe Root and the English media doesn't pretend that these players can win the games for them.
They come with a nothing to lose attitude and put forward their best games.
Just see the difference in Woakes and Curran's games from England Lions to main stages.

I personally feel Dhawan will make a comeback in the 3rd test after Sunny's appeal

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Why is Rishabh Pant bound to fail. Didn't Ashwin score 28 runs in tough conditions. At least let him play before commenting he has succeeded or failed. Others have averaged 8 runs, 20 Runs etc in last 7 innings or so.Give him similar innings and then we shall know if he is better than them or not.

Bhai there are vultures who are waiting for that to happen.I myself is a biggest advocate of Pant,but it will be very sad on his part and for us if he get

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Why is Rishabh Pant bound to fail. Didn't Ashwin score 28 runs in tough conditions. At least let him play before commenting he has succeeded or failed. Others have averaged 8 runs, 20 Runs etc in last 7 innings or so.Give him similar innings and then we shall know if he is better than them or not.

Bhai there are vultures who are waiting for that to happen.I myself is a biggest advocate of Pant,but it will be very sad on his part and for us if he gets dropped,i was talking about the immense pressure he would be walking in,He is needed to be given a longer run,enough of these dk,parthiv ,etc....never did i talk negative about his upcoming performance..

9 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Bhai there are vultures who are waiting for that to happen.I myself is a biggest advocate of Pant,but it will be very sad on his part and for us if he gets dropped,i was talking about the immense pressure he would be walking in,He is needed to be given a longer run,enough of these dk,parthiv ,etc....never did i talk negative about his upcoming performance..

Again, i still not understand what makes you feel he will fail. I am not saying he won't and i won't bet my house on it, but let him play at least. And it's not they are going to drop him one one failure. Rahul has averaged 8 in SA and 9 in England, yet they have not dropped him. Others like Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Rahane too have averaged below 20. Have they been dropped in spite of failing in last 4-5 tests. The point is that even a whole series of failures is being accepted so why is there a foregone conclusion that only Pant will be dropped. The trend does not shows that in any ways few failures will get a chop. 

Edited by Straight Drive
52 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Again, i still not understand what makes you feel he will fail. I am not saying he won't and i won't bet my house on it, but let him play at least. And it's not they are going to drop him one one failure. Rahul has averaged 8 in SA and 9 in England, yet they have not dropped him. Others like Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Rahane too have averaged below 20. Have they been dropped in spite of failing in last 4-5 tests. The point is that even a whole series of failures is being accepted so why is there a foregone conclusion that only Pant will be dropped. The trend does not shows that in any ways few failures will get a chop. 

Do you think anything different iam endorsing here?im adamant about him being played,im one of those who have huge faith in his abilities. That is what i said he should be persisted with same length and breadth as it has done with Pandya,Vijay,rahane,dhawan, Rohit etc.If given 10 games he will surely deliver in 8 of those..i m quite confident..but i was talking about the worst case scenario..

6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Do you think anything different iam endorsing here?im adamant about him being played,im one of those who have huge faith in his abilities. That is what i said he should be persisted with same length and breadth as it has done with Pandya,Vijay,rahane,dhawan, Rohit etc.If given 10 games he will surely deliver in 8 of those..i m quite confident..but i was talking about the worst case scenario..

He is screwed up.SA series was lost, this series looks like another lost series this test is not washed out.He will have to stop nautanki and finally give a thought about results. Process etc time pass wont work once scoreline becomes 0-2. He will have to make changes before series gets lost. Like wickets have fallen cheap and fast on the ground, some more wickets will fall during next team meeting.

Bhai there are vultures who are waiting for that to happen.I myself is a biggest advocate of Pant,but it will be very sad on his part and for us if he get
I don't have anything against Pant - he is almost My age and I love seeing young achievers but I think he has been given too much burden at an age where he should play freely.
We are expecting him to pull off supernatural stuff - remember the hype of being the next Dhoni ?
Was there a need to hand him captaincy at such young age - when he himself found it hard to maintain his own form?
Why are we expecting him to save India from a whitewash?
Too much unwarranted responsibility to help to kill his career.
We saw what is happening with KL Rahul who is a much more matured player than him
Dude is totally losing his form after 1-2 brilliant performance.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Why are we expecting him to save India from a whitewash?

No one expects him to save us from whitewash.

When kohli can't do it..

Woh to bachcha hai.

All we want is to give these guys a chance rather than continue with  players who are past it.

He may put up a fight.That will be good.

He may fail... .so are the others.

Even if he fails...we know it is baptism by fire. As long as he applies himself and shows grit....most fans will be okay.

As for management ...

Unko jo karna hai woh to karenge.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, MultiB48 said:

if he going to fail here  and will score only in ind then why make such a big deal out of him? 

But there are 2 major things to consider :- 

1. Its better when a rookie fails in his first overseas tour under extreme batting conditions than some one who has played at international level for 7-8 years and still cannot give confidence of lasting even 15-20 balls . 

2. Someone nearly 30 years or more failing with loose technique means there is very little chance of further improvement . He almost has past his peak. While 20 year old has much higher cieling to improve .

In any case if fails say in 2-3 series , let it be ...  we have samson , Kishan  to fall back on. try others 

35 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

His last IPL match left a sour taste after he dliberately batted poorly, dropped catches and misfielded to somehow try and get bambis through. He needs an attitude and personality fix

Are you seriously accusing a young player for match fixing? Oh wait I forgot the banned and disgraced team you supported for a second and it all made sense!!!!