Would a young SRT (age 22-23) find a place in this team? Teeange SRT, or was he just lucky to play in that era?

On 8/7/2018 at 11:18 PM, rkt.india said:

Shaw already did all that and even more scoring runs at A level in England at 18.

On a technical note, I recall Shaw making centuries on debut in Ranji and Duleep.  Where are you getting centuries on debut in Deodhar/Irani? neither did shaw top mumbai ranji batting charts either in debut/first full season

Edited by PBN

No way he would have been introduced in this era. This is a highly commercial era. Ironically Mascarenhas-Tendulkar partnership proved how much money is at stake. Players started prolonging their career as much as possible so that they can milk as much as possible. Even Tendulkar was against introducing players at such a young age. Introduction of youngsters and them clicking means your career will be under risk. I certainly believe this happens in all kind of formats. First class, IPL, syed mustaq ali,, player suppression as there is so much at stake now.

That said, I think cricketers (and celebs barring the Khans as a whole) aren't selling like they were even 5 yrs back.
Bar MSD, the RoI of players aren't good
Nike and Adidas are still more popular than Puma despite Kohli endorsing it, new players are struggling to gain recognition despite Initial likeability (Pandya bros had fanbase due to their feisty nature but underwhelming performances and wannabe nature quickly pulled them down and now same repeating with Rahul).
Even In Bollywood, there are no stars apart from the Khan trio.
Even then, Reshma is hell bent on ruining Sallu's career, Ranbir's career never took off , ALOO-VD-SidMal Still have lukewarm receptions, Tiger(plus Disha)can't sell a product even if he tries, srk's BO performance is abysmal.
DPRS seems to climb up the ranks and RS will eventually take over VK as #1 youth icon due to his mass connect and feisty nature whereas Virat is more stoic and unlikable.
Even Virushka brand crashed hard after the initial Manyaavar peak and now nobody stands them.
That photo of yesterday made more legit noise than Virat's century at Edgbaston.
There is also a growing trend to mock Cricket and Praise other sports.
It is actually way easier to make noise if you are a part of another sport and achieve there, especially the individual ones.

These marketing trends to make you think what lays ahead in the future.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

That said, I think cricketers (and celebs barring the Khans as a whole) aren't selling like they were even 5 yrs back.
Bar MSD, the RoI of players aren't good
Nike and Adidas are still more popular than Puma despite Kohli endorsing it, new players are struggling to gain recognition despite Initial likeability (Pandya bros had fanbase due to their feisty nature but underwhelming performances and wannabe nature quickly pulled them down and now same repeating with Rahul).
Even In Bollywood, there are no stars apart from the Khan trio.
Even then, Reshma is hell bent on ruining Sallu's career, Ranbir's career never took off , ALOO-VD-SidMal Still have lukewarm receptions, Tiger(plus Disha)can't sell a product even if he tries, srk's BO performance is abysmal.
DPRS seems to climb up the ranks and RS will eventually take over VK as #1 youth icon due to his mass connect and feisty nature whereas Virat is more stoic and unlikable.
Even Virushka brand crashed hard after the initial Manyaavar peak and now nobody stands them.
That photo of yesterday made more legit noise than Virat's century at Edgbaston.
There is also a growing trend to mock Cricket and Praise other sports.
It is actually way easier to make noise if you are a part of another sport and achieve there, especially the individual ones.

These marketing trends to make you think what lays ahead in the future.

Ranbir's career has taken off and taken off big time after the success of sanju

Also the trend of mocking cricket to praise other sports has been in fashion since a long time, but this trend is only limited to a few wannabes, cricket is still by far the most popular sport in India and will continue to remain so. 

You are making a lot of assumptions based on icf posts but the reality is far far different outside ICF and in the real world

Edited by kira
True. Dhoni is most loved player from India outside ICF in the real world.  :rock:
Dhoni , Dada, Dravid-basically all the old players are loved and appreciated while the new batches are shitted over.
Kohli has his fans but people are fast becoming disapproved of his extra-cricket behaviour.

Would a young SRT (age 22-23) find a place in this team?

-Simply based on talent, of course he would.. The young Sachin was a beast and better than any other Indian batsman of today bar Kohli

Was he just lucky to play in that era?

-Yes, he was to an extent. Very unlikely that someone as talented would debut at 16 in this era.. He would have debuted at 22-23, and lost the years of initial aggression that boosted his career

Shaw makes his debut at 18 years 239 days.

Shaw made his FC debut at 17 while SRT did that at 15.

Both scored centuries at FC debut and then in Duleep Trophy.

SRT was top scorer for Mumbai in his debut season and scored century in Irani trophy match.

I have no doubt now that Sachin would have surely been handed India cap at 17 in this era. 

Edited by Number

Until Shaw's 100 today, Sachin occupied the top FIVE spots for youngest centuries by someone for India

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=age;orderbyad=reverse;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;team=6;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

Top four 100s were outside India in Australia and South Africa and the Fifth was against England in Chennai. All before he turned 20 years old. I am sure such talent would not be stopped