Rohit Sharma’s captaincy talk of the town now; responsibility made him better batsman: Sunil Gavaskar

Switchblade

Kohli if wants can finish career of both dhoni & rohit in seconds. That's his power and he has earned it. Though he has most of time misused it. I really don't think kohli is going anywhere till 2023 worldcup atleast. He will want to win worldcup in home conditions and why would he give such rare chance to captain a side? I don't know what has happened in behind with dhoni but what ever happened with kumble and the way situation was handled was really poor.

Wrong. He has no real power or clout of his own unlike Dhoni or Rohit who are backed by India Cements and Ambani respectively.

Additionally they're also well liked by their team mates unlike Kohli. .
And nobody gives damn about 23WC right now - Kohli is like a thorn on 90% people's side and they almost want to get rid of him.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

You really believe in this PR articles?
Actually half the problem began because Kohli promised Rohit that he'll give Him a place on the Test Squad and then dropped him without intimidating.
Poor guy Suffered a lot of heartburn after that

1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Wrong. He has no real power or clout of his own unlike Dhoni or Rohit who are backed by India Cements and Ambani respectively.

Additionally they're also well liked by their team mates unlike Kohli. .
And nobody gives damn about 23WC right now - Kohli is like a thorn on 90% people's side and they almost want to get rid of him.

You are living fake life if you believe kohli has no power to kick dhoni and rohit out of the team. If rohit and dhoni are kicked today believe me most people won't even care for it month later. Whole TRP for channels is kohli and bcci won't have much issue with it too. 

8 hours ago, Nikola said:

You are living fake life if you believe kohli has no power to kick dhoni and rohit out of the team. If rohit and dhoni are kicked today believe me most people won't even care for it month later. Whole TRP for channels is kohli and bcci won't have much issue with it too. 

Kohli is a big star absolutely but Rohit and Dhoni are right there. Dhoni has a big budget movie made on him ffs and Rohit is famous for IPL

exploits. He is almost held in the same breath as Kohli among the common folk may be a very small notch below.

Asia Cup ok fine there is Ind-Pak but even Nidihaas Trophy and Karthiks heroics drew pretty solid numbers.

Anyway Kohli is the biggest cash cow but it is not like BCCI don’t have backups.

18 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Kohli doesn't understand cricket.
He's a brainless gawar.

What I wanted to say is Rohit too gets a lot of tips from Dhoni in terms of team selections and other stuff.
Or else how do you think likes of Chahar and Jaddu got into the team?

Rohit does not select the team.

Kohli is a big star absolutely but Rohit and Dhoni are right there. Dhoni has a big budget movie made on him ffs and Rohit is famous for IPL
exploits. He is almost held in the same breath as Kohli among the common folk may be a very small notch below.

Asia Cup ok fine there is Ind-Pak but even Nidihaas Trophy and Karthiks heroics drew pretty solid numbers.

Anyway Kohli is the biggest cash cow but it is not like BCCI don’t have backups.

Dhoni is even more famous that Kohli can ever dream of

Yes, Kohli has a lot of fans due to his batting but it is Dhoni who is the last God of Indian Cricket.
People swear and die by his name.
He's the Thalaiva and commands the hearts and minds of millions of Indians.

Kohli, on the other hand, has been losing popularity post marriage.
He had a purple patch of popularity from 2013-16 because Indians needed to find a replacement for Sachin but Kohli is gradually losing whatever viewer clout he had- especially after all these captaincy disasters.

Rohit is not famous at all compared to these 2 but he is gradually making efforts to be there.
I think if he tries , he can be even more popular.
Kohli is gradually growing to have a bad rep regarding his behaviour , lack of captaincy skills and all that shite.
He's nowhere near the love and respect Sachin Tendulkar received during his career.

Even the casual followers are realising that Kohli is a dickhead and the team may be even better off without him.

Yes , Kohli is still the biggest selling point , but many in the marketing Industry think he is one of the main reasons newer cricketers like KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya are not selling as much as they would've liked.
Infact, it is actually tougher for a male cricketer to make big in the endorsement market than a female athlete belonging to any sport

Soon it will actually be more profitable to kick Kohli who is bringing bad repute and replace him with a less controversial player who might be crappier but won't damage the rep of the already battered BCCI further

Not that we aren't winning matches without Kohli - I'm pretty much sure the dressing room has a much stabler environment on Kohli's absence and given the batting talent we have , we can just afford another decent bat over Kohli.
A time will surely come when Kohli will retire - and BCCI do need to find a backup then.

And given the way Kohli is losing popularity, he will be soon a liability for profiteering BCCI

22 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Exactly that's what I am saying.
Dhoni is not just a huge person - but a master politician, Machiavelli reincarnated.
I'm sure he's manipulating Rohit too.

Kohli's problem is he has isolated softer members of the team(basically everybody else except Hardik Pandya).

However , the biggest mistake he made was probably trying to drop Rohit from test squad.
Though I bet Rohit was planning the takeover since a long time - this gave him a perfect opportunity to seize the throne.
The way he's coming up the ranks as a potential rival coupled with the emphasis on Kohli's shitty captaincy-it's already a given that Kohli the Kuptaan Wrogn won't last till 2023
BTW - there was a rumour that Kohli tried to upstage Dhoni as captain and in fact helped to get kicked out so that he can get to be the Captain.
We already know how desperate he was to become the captain because he emoji6.png it would boost his popularity
But then he got manipulated by Dhoni himself lol - because he's just too idiot and insecure of himself

I won't be surprised if Dhoni is playing Narada here by pitting Rohit against Kohli.
Add Kumble to the mix and it is Cricket Ka Bigg Boss.

Already heard Kumble is in contacts with Rahane , Rohit and a couple of other disgruntled players.

To be frank, if he doesn't manage to eat the humble pie - I won't be surprised if Kohli gets kicked off the squad by the next Captain.
Yes, a lot of money is involved and Kohli may be the topmost cricketer, but his popularity is sliding to the negative and sometimes some risk is worth taking.
The public is too gradually understanding that the team is better off without Kohli and his psycho BS.

Everybody is power hungry-and the way Kohli treats people out of his inner circle, no wonder 3 Times IPL champion And Ambani ka Laadla Rohit won't try his hand out.
He's far a better politician than Kohli would ever be.
And when Kohli himself managed to overthrow Dhoni for his own gain despite having zilch skills for the job, why can't Rohit man?
And Kohli has made so many people angry that there's literally no way out for him.

What a load of BS.

there was a rumour that Kohli tried to upstage Dhoni as captain

Where? When?

But then he got manipulated by Dhoni himself lol 

How?

Already heard Kumble is in contacts with Rahane , Rohit and a couple of other disgruntled players.

Heard where? Who's the source? What's the source's credibility?

The public is too gradually understanding that the team is better off without Kohli and his psycho BS.

Nonsense. What percentage of the 'public' thinks the team is better off without Kohli? Take a guess, or make up a number if it's convenient.

He's far a better politician than Kohli would ever be.

What politics has Rohit done so far?

20 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He definitely has some Bollywood dreams.
That's the reason he married Anushka lol.
So that he can tap and climb on the ladder of Bollywood hierarchy.

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

What bollywood dreams? Acting in movies? Producing movies?

How does not marrying a bollywood actress stop him from doing either of those, if he is so inclined?

20 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

@Suhaan
What I heard is the problems started when Kohli after getting Test Captaincy and having initial success , became ambitious and started to plot coup to kick Dhoni out off Captaincy.
His good Test captaincy record compared with Dhoni's Abysmal ones kinda led credence to his image.
But he never got his chance before Lodha Commission appointed CoA as Dhoni was extremely close to Anurag Thakur and had each other's back.

The CoA was already planning to get rid off Dhoni in some way as he was a thorn on their side , being close to their anti-faction.
Kohli swooped in to grab the opportunity and got them convinced that the time has come to sack Dhoni and give him captaincy as he will be able to build a new team for 2019 WC.
So The selectors got Dhoni to resign .
Dhoni initially didn't mind -but then got to know it's Kohli who betrayed him .
It hurt Dhoni tremendously because it was he who built Kohli's career almost singlehandedly , gave him umpteen chances after failures and backed him when he was at his lowest
It was him who made him VC.
Dhoni could've easily killed Kohli's career with a single blow - but he loved him as his real life brother.

Some even say the only reason Dhoni wasn't out of the team because of lack of options.

And that was it- beginning of Kohli's eventual downfall.
Then his ever increasing ego and openly cliquesh behaviour and favouritism angered the other players.
Contrary to popular belief , it is actually Kohli himself who forced Kumble out - other players including Rohit and Dhawan were more or less satisfied with him.
I personally believe it has a lot to do with underground and match fixing and not simple ego clash.
After that , Kohli was bashed immensely and he ran to his same old Mentor , Dhoni whom he tried to allegedly betray to seek help.
Dhoni took advantage of this and started to manipulate Kohli.
The same Kohli who wanted to get rid of Dhoni and his CSK gang once upon a time
On the meantime ,Rohit was already a 3 times IPL winning captain by then , and Nita Ambani wants him to become India Captain.
After Nidahas trophy win,Rohit started to plan for the coup and managed to convince how he's a great captain while Kohli's trash

Things went from crap to crappiest when Rohit was dropped off Test squad and Rahane was dropped off LOI squad.
This was enough to infuriate both of them and in meanwhile, was contacted by Kumble who is waiting for the revenge.
And now Rohit is completely on his way to claim captaincy , and the Asia cup win is gonna cement his claims.
Dhoni is too backing him.

I guess Kohli abused too much of his power and the over emphasis of Anushka in the team dynamics probably rubbed everybody in a bad away .

Nonsense crap esp. the bolded parts.

Does not matter. Dsilva won a worldcup with lot bigger belly and Jonty Rhodes African failed.

To me, So far, He has done exceptionally well so far on field. We know we are preparing for 2019 but giving youngsters a game here and there before making final all to make them part of squad is minimum a skipper should do. :hatsoff: He is definitely a leader

The best of teams just go on to the next delivery as they know, in a team game, all eleven can’t be successful and there is bound to be the odd failure. How to carry that failure and make him a part of the team’s success is the key. The great West Indies teams of the past did that splendidly with the phlegmatic skipper Clive Lloyd displaying no emotion with an error on the field. The same with the ’90s Australian team who bonded so well with each other that, if one of them dropped a catch, they would have a go at the batsman instead for being lucky,” Gavaskar wrote.

He then drew comparisons between Rohit and Lloyd. Gavaskar noted that the former hides his emotions well. Hence, he went on to add that it doesn’t put any added pressure on someone who has dropped a catch or misfielded.

“India’s skipper Rohit Sharma is doing the Clive Lloyd thing by hiding his emotions as he smiles and turns back to his fielding position. This does not put any pressure on the person who dropped the catch or misfielded and makes him want to give an extra effort,” he further wrote.

https://www.crictracker.com/sunil-gavaskar-draws-comparisons-rohit-sharma-clive-lloyds-captaincy-traits/