Important to ensure Rahul's mind is not clouded - Sanjay Bangar

5 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Define more than enough when compared to other senior players. Pujara has toured SA thrice so far. Do you know his record over there? Did he get similar treatment to Rahul when he started out his career. Getting dropped after performing? 

30 tests and counting .. this is more than enough to establish if he is a half decent player

for comparison rohit sharma has played 25 tests and more or less he wont be playing tests again ..

i said that both pujara and rahane too got the same treatment .. 

3 minutes ago, velu said:

30 tests and counting .. this is more than enough to establish if he is a half decent player

for comparison rohit sharma has played 25 tests and more or less he wont be playing tests again ..

i said that both pujara and rahane too got the same treatment .. 

You didn't answer my question. How do you explain Pujara's three overseas tours to SA and he's still remains as mediocre as ever. 

While, KL was dropped after Australia series, when he was one of the top performers. He was getting along fine before the start of the overseas tours and the team management had to drop him to accommodate Dhawan. 

If you don't see anything wrong with that, there's no point in continuing with this. 

I think my points have been well made by Velu

Rahane for example (though i think on current form should be dropped) was blocked by Sachin. Had to make it count away to South Africa against likes of Steyn.  Prior to that I think he was on the bench for like 2 years. Was not even playing domestic cricket as he was always the sub. Once somebody got injured and they brought in Rohit Sharma who started over him. He has also sometimes played at 3 for India. 

This England tour Pujara had to perform. Was dropped many times before that. 

Just now, Lannister said:

You didn't answer my question. How do you explain Pujara's three overseas tours to SA and he's still remains as mediocre as ever. 

his stats till that point backed him .. probably he was our second best test batsmen behind kohli ( or might be ahead at that time , not sure  ) ..

if rahul's mind get muddled because he was dropped from the team , the same thing should be applicable to pujara and rahane as well ..

and if someone performs well at home , its unfair to drop him overseas .. i really dont think any batsmen or bowler got dropped overseas because they have the history of failing there ..

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

While, KL was dropped after Australia series, when he was one of the top performers. He was getting along fine before the start of the overseas tours and the team management had to drop him to accommodate Dhawan. 

getting dropped from the team definitely affects him mentally but as a cricketer he should overcome .. 

if he is so brittle mentally , probably he wont survive .. 

6 minutes ago, Lannister said:

If you don't see anything wrong with that, there's no point in continuing with this. 

if you blame everyone except Rahul for his failures , probably we should stop here .. 

i agree that team treated him unfairly , but rahul should also be blamed for his failures..

At this point, there is little to differentiate b/w many of the BD fans and diehard Rahul fans:

• Both BD and Rahul have talent 
  • Failures are attributed to factors beyond BD and Rahul's control 
  • A string of conditions have to be met for them to perform to their potential and/or consistently 
  • A couple of good performances vindicate the "talent and potential" part, and would be used to further prove that they are being held back because of conspiracy against them i.e. they can perform like his if not for this or that  
  • At the end of all of it, both continue to let their fans down. And need to pull up their socks!

BOL to both of them! 

Edited by zen
24 minutes ago, zen said:

At this point, there is little to differentiate b/w many of the BD fans and diehard Rahul fans:

• Both BD and Rahul have talent 
  • Failures are attributed to factors beyond BD and Rahul's control 
  • A string of conditions have to be met for them to perform to their potential and/or consistently 
  • A couple of good performances vindicate the "talent and potential" part, and would be used to further prove that they are being held back because of conspiracy against them i.e. they can perform like his if not for this or that  
  • At the end of all of it, both continue to let their fans down. And need to pull up their socks!

BOL to both of them! 

and i am waiting to see @Jimmy Cliff performing nagin dance :phehe: