Zaheer khan : Their is a concern with Bhuvi's rhythm & follow through , it can be lack of game time or niggle

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

So play bhuvi because we don't have alternatives? Umesh wasn't that bad in 2015 worldcup. Yes other than that umesh has been poor but you are just clearly ignoring how poor bhuvi has been. 50+ Avg vs SENA countries. That's a what great batsman want to have. I would try youngster instead of this tried & proven failure trundler.

not play but definately can be in squad ahead of umesh, kaul, chahar , thakur

2015 was in Aus, those pitches suited umesh better then eng wud , where he was toothless recently 

Everyone here wud try youngster, but wo nhin hone wala accept it . Team mngmt men chappell nhin baitha....aur wc se kuch mahina pehle uski bhi chalni band ho gyi thi 

youngsters ko chance milna hota abhi tak mil gya hota

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not play but definately can be in squad ahead of umesh, kaul, chahar , thakur

2015 was in Aus, those pitches suited umesh better then eng wud , where he was toothless recently 

Everyone here wud try youngster, but wo nhin hone wala accept it . Team mngmt men chappell nhin baitha....aur wc se kuch mahina pehle uski bhi chalni band ho gyi thi 

youngsters ko chance milna hota abhi tak mil gya hota

You are talking as if England pitches in odis have alot help for pacers. They are flattest in world and we know bhubi sucks badly on flat tracks.

Edited by Nikola
28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

CT 2013. BK 5 games 6 wickets at 22.  Ishant 5 games 10 wickets at 21. 

Ok, second best in one of them. Point is he has been doing well in England ICC tourneys. Bumrah for all his good bowling otherwise, was disappointing in last CT. Bhuvi should definitely be in the squad and the three Pacers in good form should be played.

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

There is something going on for sure.  No one in right mind will say Deepak Chahar is a better bowler or a better prospect than Ankit Rajpoot.

It only points to one sad thing

If these NZ-A selection n Deodhar are anything to go by  Selectors have decided 

Kaul, thakur, chahar are considered as backups and they wanna give them as much game time as possible 

Unadkat n dhawal seems to be their backup

Saini n Siraj looks to be in line for test backups so they are given games as well

Had mavi, kulwant, rajpoot been on their radar they wud have played them and its very clear they are not even considering them

Thats the bunch they have decided for WC and now they will give them game time, even manju in commentary said we shud look at unadkat again

Thats our mindset, Wc pass aa rha hai lets play safe.....go for experienced ones or someone with control kyunki ab youngster ko bnanae ka time nhin rha....one khaleel wud be making them sweat that he comes good. They Dnt have the balls to try more youngsters . 

Good things in Indian cricket only happen by accident or after the accident 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 minutes ago, Nikola said:

You are talking as if England pitches in odis have alot help for pacers. They are flattest in world and we know bhubi sucks badly on flat tracks.

abbe mere bhai we have established that bhuvi isnt gr8

Samajh ,men kya bol rha hu

Option kya hai ????? youngster????

bhul ja , nhin hone wala .....ye indian cricket hai....

jo backup selector ne decide kiye hai na unse umesh bhuvi ache lagne lagenge

We all want new player, lekin in reality wo ICF ke thread XI men hi khelene wale hia

Kohli n MSK wnt take them

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Yeah i was all for trying youngsters but time is not left to try youngsters,atleast we can have shami in the mix,we have to make use of the current rotten lot..

Also wouldn't want any youngster tried too early under this current regime(mainly dhoni and his csk mates)as it would be quite unfair on them..look what have they done with Rahul and Pant,a fast bowler in India has to run his entire life on the edge of sword specially the ones who are not trundlers

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Swing in eng in odi is a hype now , its flat as hell

Asia cup had week team

He's clearly out of sorts.  People quoting his cumulative stats are missing the forest for the trees.  Same folks keep trashing Ishant over his career numbers, without realizing that Ishant's test stats in the last 3 years or so are top-shelf.  Bhuvi had turned himself around as an LOI bowler over the last couple of years. But he is nowhere near as good right now.  Is it an issue that can be cured with game-time or benching?  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He's clearly out of sorts.  People quoting his cumulative stats are missing the forest for the trees.  Same folks keep trashing Ishant over his career numbers, without realizing that Ishant's test stats in the last 3 years or so are top-shelf.  Bhuvi had turned himself around as an LOI bowler over the last couple of years. But he is nowhere near as good right now.  Is it an issue that can be cured with game-time or benching?  

but stats say otherwise.  he actually got worse even if i exclude the matches he played after his injury since SA tour.  i have taken his stats from Dec 2015 to Feb 2018, just over 2 year period.  Here is the record in those two years.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/326016.html?class=2;spanmax1=29+Feb+2018;spanmin1=30+Dec+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5  
unfiltered 2012-2018 94 93 754.4 60 3773 98 5/42 38.50 4.99 46.2 2 1 Profile
filtered 2016-2018 31 30 237.5 13 1261 30 5/42 42.03 5.30 47.5 0 1
Edited by rkt.india
12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

but stats say otherwise.  he actually got worse even if i exclude the matches he played after his injury since SA tour.  i have taken his stats from Dec 2015 to Feb 2018, just over 2 year period.  Here is the record in those two years.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/326016.html?class=2;spanmax1=29+Feb+2018;spanmin1=30+Dec+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5  
unfiltered 2012-2018 94 93 754.4 60 3773 98 5/42 38.50 4.99 46.2 2 1 Profile
filtered 2016-2018 31 30 237.5 13 1261 30 5/42 42.03 5.30 47.5 0 1

The numbers lay it out in black and white.  And his wickets column make for harsh reading.  

I was speaking about the quality of his bowling when you watch him over the course of the last 2 years.  Even that has noticeably dropped in the last couple of games.  And I'm a vocal, self-confessed huge Bhuvi fan, my bias will always run in his favor. 

31 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Both sides have a point

As a bowler his skill set has improved a lot, even though I feel his new ball bowling skill has gone down but his variation , bowling with old ball has improved a lot 

Counter point 

The results arent their to show is also true 

But he certainely demands a place in squad due to various reason

1. Experience 

2. Good skill set in death

3. Gives a bit with bat as well

4. Selectors havent prep the right backups

5. If not him it will be umesh, and ill take a bowler who u can set fields for not the one whose field is set on off and he bowls at leg

Most imp its times to digest that selectors have decided that 

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Shami

Chahar 

Kaul

Umesh

Thakur

Unadat

Dhawal

khaleel

Are the bowlers that are being look at for WC, I have given up on bringing new names till WC ...its better we all....unless its in someone destiny. 

Now select 4 among them to take in WC squad and bhuvi will feature in 95% squad easily

About the cure for that the problem needs to be identified which is what zak mentioned

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

The numbers lay it out in black and white.  And his wickets column make for harsh reading.  

I was speaking about the quality of his bowling when you watch him over the course of the last 2 years.  Even that has noticeably dropped in the last couple of games.  And I'm a vocal, self-confessed huge Bhuvi fan, my bias will always run in his favor. 

his death bowling did improve and he started bowling more at death as well in this period.

Just now, rkt.india said:

his death bowling did improve and he started bowling more at death as well in this period.

He's doing a decent job at the death, but we need both our front-line pacers to be taking wickets up front.  In modern ODIs, all teams will run away to big-ass scores unless you keep taking wickets.  That is the reason why we dropped Ash-Jaddu in favor of Kul-Cha.  And if Bhuvi doesn't find his way back to taking wickets with the new ball, and soon, he may have to go the same route.  

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He's doing a decent job at the death, but we need both our front-line pacers to be taking wickets up front.  In modern ODIs, all teams will run away to big-ass scores unless you keep taking wickets.  That is the reason why we dropped Ash-Jaddu in favor of Kul-Cha.  And if Bhuvi doesn't find his way back to taking wickets with the new ball, and soon, he may have to go the same route.  

He actually was never a wicket taker unless conditions are really helpful.  we need to find more hit the deck bowlers who can get bounce.  In ODIs, bounce is the key with the new ball.  

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He actually was never a wicket taker unless conditions are really helpful.  we need to find more hit the deck bowlers who can get bounce.  In ODIs, bounce is the key with the new ball.  

Actually, from what I remember, he was quite incisive with the new ball early in his career, and a bit toothless for the rest of the game. 

But it doesn't matter. Past is history, and standards in Indian cricket and pace bowling have happily moved higher.  Bhuvi needs to take regular wickets with the new ball if he wants to be de facto first choice starter in the ODI XI.  

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

we need to find more hit the deck bowlers who can get bounce.  In ODIs, bounce is the key with the new ball.  

I don't know why Ishwar Pandey was totally ignored.

6'3" guy who got bounce but was a genuine outswing bowler too.  He was selected for the Indian squad around the same time as Mohit, but never ever played for India.

Now we are seeing the same with Rajpoot.  

We seem to have an aversion towards tall bouncy pacers unless his name is Ishant.  Even Aniket C never got a single game.

Edited by express bowling