Breaking: Steve Smith, David Warner bans could be lifted, says Cricket Australia CEO

Nikola

What are our chances to win series if Smith & Warner make comeback?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What are our chances to win series if Smith & Warner make comeback?

18 hours ago, sarcastic said:

That's the cricinfo link to the match you were describing in your comment. Was just reiterating that India should have chased down that target if they had 25 overs to play in the final innings!!! Not impossible even in those days I believe. 

It is not just that, they did not show any urgency in  taking the wickets on final morning either. Old Cricinfo had match reports and also interviews.That was last time and only time India and Australia were on even keel in Australia. Aussies have gone on to become a dynasty by simple philosophy you play to win every game.

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

@zen i guess best indian test player simply screwed up. Or may be they werent ever anywhere near the midget:phehe:

You expect Gavaskar, Amarnath and Vengsarkar to chase at 5 RPO on Day 5 in an overseas tests in a time when RR used to be in the 2.5-3 range :lol:

14 minutes ago, zen said:

You expect Gavaskar, Amarnath and Vengsarkar to chase at 5 RPO on Day 5 in an overseas tests in a time when RR used to be in the 2.5-3 range :lol:

In 1975, it may have been understandable. This is from 1985, we were already WC champs. Srikanth was opener and scored 86(89) in first innings. It could have been at least attempted, something doesn't add up. 

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

In 1975, it may have been understandable. This is from 1985, we were already WC champs. Srikanth was opener and scored 86(89) in first innings. It could have been at least attempted, something doesn't add up. 

I have not seen the match to comment on this .... I was dragged in to this by a Sachin fan because I rate Gavaskar as Ind's best test batsman  

9 minutes ago, zen said:

So why did Ind bat for only 25 overs if they could bat for 30 or more? :lol:

If we have to judge things based on scorecards, we could have won many games 

You tell me :police: just calculate overs and days. You could see that srikanth is trying while best bat is blowing air 

1 hour ago, zen said:

So why did Ind bat for only 25 overs if they could bat for 30 or more? :lol:

If we have to judge things based on scorecards, we could have won many games 

They batted only 25 overs because it rained after tea.Rain was in forecast and everyone in the team knew about. Srikanth also did not show any urgency .