URI

Laaloo

10 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Even if they are bad? 

Ye aap logo ki deshbhakti filmon se aage kyun nahi badhti?

I fully concur. I don't understand why people equate movies with patriotism.

And what Modi/Congress/'libtards'/ 'Bollylibtards' have to do with the success or failure of a movie, is something that I can't fathom.

@Laaloo @coffee_rules

Fun fact: The director of URI, Aditya Dhar, was supposed to have his directorial debut in a Fawad Khan- Katrina Kaif - Dharma Production romantic comedy. The Uri attacks happened and there was a temporary ban on Pakistani artistes, which resulted in the shelving of that project.

Dhar ended up making URI, the very reason behind the stalling of his directorial debut, and the film ended up making 200 crores. And counting.

Can we add Dhar to the pantheon of patriots now?

On 2/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Mariyam said:

I fully concur. I don't understand why people equate movies with patriotism.

And what Modi/Congress/'libtards'/ 'Bollylibtards' have to do with the success or failure of a movie, is something that I can't fathom.

@Laaloo @coffee_rules

Fun fact: The director of URI, Aditya Dhar, was supposed to have his directorial debut in a Fawad Khan- Katrina Kaif - Dharma Production romantic comedy. The Uri attacks happened and there was a temporary ban on Pakistani artistes, which resulted in the shelving of that project.

Dhar ended up making URI, the very reason behind the stalling of his directorial debut, and the film ended up making 200 crores. And counting.

Can we add Dhar to the pantheon of patriots now?

How does it matter who makes it? Any movie maker worth his salt makes a movie showing the positive side of Indian army is seen favorably by Indian audience. Esp URI, because it was seen as a unique act by an Indian govt, gettng so much negative reaction from so called Indian intellectuals and politicians like khujliwal asking for proof. Its success is a slap in the face of such individuals.

Edited by coffee_rules

40 minutes ago, surajmal said:

First bhaiwood movie that I have paid to watch in my life, ever. Not saying it rivals Saving Private Ryan or anything (although it surpasses anything indian cinema has produced, techincally speaking) but one must support the message. 

Welcome back ;)

On 2/11/2019 at 4:20 AM, coffee_rules said:

How does it matter who makes it? Any movie maker worth his salt makes a movie showing the positive side of Indian army is seen favorably by Indian audience. Esp URI, because it was seen as a unique act by an Indian govt, gettng so much negative reaction from so called Indian intellectuals and politicians like khujliwal asking for proof. Its success is a slap in the face of such individuals.

It's been a success and a slap on the face of lot of people. 

Hope to see Surgical Strikes part 2 and then part 3, part 4 and on and on...this should be a movie franchise. That's how much I want us to hurt the सुअर के बच्चे  across the border, हमारे 40 मरे तो तुम्हारे 400 रंडी के बच्चों का सर काटेंगे...time to make costs of their adventures unbearable.