Did you imagine you will ever see this sight - indian fast bowlers in 2018 record

CSK Fan

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

That was done for the last 5 days by the trio.   This is after taking them out after the match.  :phehe:

:two_thumbs_up:  Yes.  Made all of us happy. For the last 15 years or so , wherenver indian team travelleed abroad  first thing we heard was how their bowlers are going to dish up chin music, get at our batsmen's throat ...

Thats  i think already died down. No one seems to utter those nowadays much.

10 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

:two_thumbs_up:  Yes.  Made all of us happy. For the last 15 years or so , wherenver indian team travelleed abroad  first thing we heard was how their bowlers are going to dish up chin music, get at our batsmen's throat ...

Thats  i think already died down. No one seems to utter those nowadays much.

most are shell shocked, respect will come a little later.

18 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bro, Agarkar was clocked at 147 and around ample times.

The speed gun in itself is meaningless. Variation, line, length, bowling to a plan, these are the essentials. Pretty much any paceman can clock 140+ with a junk delivery. What I like with Bumrah is that he bowls with control and intelligence while maintaining decent speeds.  

11 minutes ago, JourneyMan said:

The speed gun in itself is meaningless. Variation, line, length, bowling to a plan, these are the essentials. Pretty much any paceman can clock 140+ with a junk delivery. What I like with Bumrah is that he bowls with control and intelligence while maintaining decent speeds.  

Thats fine. Agreed. I was talking merely about speeds. However, I dont consider Agarkar as a junk bowler. In his prime, which was his initial years, and with this kind of set attack, he could have been lethal. The guy had an unbelievable yorker. I remember him polishing off WI tail in WI, with amazing yorkers. I think he took 3 wickets in 4-5 balls.

51 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Thats fine. Agreed. I was talking merely about speeds. However, I dont consider Agarkar as a junk bowler. In his prime, which was his initial years, and with this kind of set attack, he could have been lethal. The guy had an unbelievable yorker. I remember him polishing off WI tail in WI, with amazing yorkers. I think he took 3 wickets in 4-5 balls.

You are right, I should have gone back and quoted the guys above who started the discussion on speed.

Agarkar had his moments, as did many others, but in the long run only Srinath and Zak established themselves as career pace bowlers. Bumrah is showing some early signs of doing the same. 

Edited by JourneyMan
8 hours ago, Vilander said:

he said in 2003 wc. 

Yes Agarkar was clocked 147+ many times. I remember till his last series bowling 142. He is probably second quickest after Srinath at that point, Zak dropped pace towards end. Nehra did not loose as much as well.

Yes,  Agarkar was one of our fastest bowlers,  in the  1998 to 2005 period.   Srinath was obviously our quickest between 1991 and 1999 clocking a fastest of 157 k.

The 2006 to 2009 period saw Munaf, Ishant, Sreesanth and RP clock speeds in the high 140s quite a few times.