BCCI: Ashwin declared unfit, ruled out of Sydney

fineleg

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Early thoughts, really happy Kuldeep is playing, not happy with 2-2 combo.If the captain was forced to do this , then surely there should be questions answered.

Yes, Kuldeep will probably come up a cropper on these pitches. he bowls too slow and erratically (in Tests) to be successful for the time being (can improve with experience) - maybe he can pick up a few wkts initially because of novelty factor.

Edited by Vijy
12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if Umesh Yadav gets an opportunity tomorrow, I expect Umesh to bounce back as I am sure he must have got hurt.

i hope he gets back to his 137 to 148k days.

we might see that, and if Sydney is what we expect it to be he might do well as well.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Yes, Kuldeep will probably come up a cropper on these pitches. he bowls too slow and erratically (in Tests) to be successful for the time being (can improve with experience) - maybe he can pick up a few wkts initially because of novelty factor.

dont agree, Kuldeep is an attacking option and a good selection.

15 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Which one ?

I think he is referring to kuldeep yadav, and going with two seamers. But thankfully we are batting first and this not a drop in wicket. So there will be wear and tear for kuldeep to exploit

Edited by Insidious
14 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Do they think KL Rahul will be better when he opens with his karnataka mate? Or do they bank on Rahul coming good in one customary innings every series? I don't understand the thought process.

There is no though/planning. knee jerk is more like it.

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

dont agree, Kuldeep is an attacking option and a good selection.

Attacking option does not work in Australia.  There it is a battle of attrition. one as a bowler has to be patient and consistent to succeed, which i dont think Kuldeep has at this point.  Neither pacers nor spinners get a lot of purchase from the wickets.  Kuldeep will dish out boundary balls frequently.

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Attacking option does not work in Australia.  There it is a battle of attrition. one as a bowler has to be patient and consistent to succeed, which i dont think Kuldeep has at this point.  Neither pacers nor spinners get a lot of purchase from the wickets.  Kuldeep will dish out boundary balls frequently.

I have problem with 2-2 combo but not Kuldeep playing. Kuldeep is quality, dont think he even bowls that many loose balls in LOIs. And the Aus batsman themsleves dont belive in attritional cricket, they will take him on if they read him

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I have problem with 2-2 combo but not Kuldeep playing. Kuldeep is quality, dont think he even bowls that many loose balls in LOIs. And the Aus batsman themsleves dont belive in attritional cricket, they will take him on if they read him

He does but LOI has field spread so it is different in LOIs. 

10 hours ago, SK_IH said:

he bowls loose balls, but is also too slow for these pitches. need some zip.