13 men squad named for 4th test, Ishant rested

Like I said in the other thread - Ishant didn't seem 100% to me last test, the bigger question is why are the unfit guys still there - Ashwin, Pandya, BK etc. :whack2:

If these guys aren't match fit or match ready WTF are they doing there! This TM is beyond hopeless, let's hope their stupidity doesn't cost us the series :whack:

10 hours ago, SrinjayDutta said:

Another risky option is: play ashwin as pure 6.hanuma vihari could open and do 5th bowler. Umesh to be used in short bursts and jadeja as the workhorse. If such a match situation comes that ashwin can bowl 5-10 overs, bowl our champion spinners in tandem. In my view, ashwin + jadeja has always been far far more effective than their individual strengths. When they play together, the variation always draws mistakes from batsmen.

Ashwin is only good against the windies. He doesn't score against anyone else.

11 hours ago, fineleg said:

Ishant Sharma has a niggle? Why is he rested when Tests are the only format he plays?

Ishant is not rested, excerpt from Cricinfo

Ishant experienced some left rib-cage discomfort and the team management did not want to risk him during this Test, with a spokesman saying he was "currently being assessed".

Team selecton has been one of the biggest weaknesses of Kohli.He and Shastri have been totally inept in assessing situtations and conditions.

They have not been helped players getting inured either at the right time.Umesh as third seamer is such a risky option.

Edited by putrevus