World's Largest Cricket Stadium to be built in Ahmedabad!

L&T building it, so at least quality won't be comprised,

reading from news articles, looks like plenty of other facilities incl indoor pitches, full size outdoor fields, Olympic size swimming pool, connection with new metro line and direct road to riverfront

Though 100k is overkill

55886170.jpg?resizemode=4&width=400&pl=3

48 minutes ago, someone said:

Stadiums are for long terms uses. Actually the most important thing is will it be just be cricket exclusive?

they should plan and leave some space/potential for other events wheater its olympics, asian games, or different sports

makes sense if that is the case

1 hour ago, chewy said:

L&T building it, so at least quality won't be comprised,

reading from news articles, looks like plenty of other facilities incl indoor pitches, full size outdoor fields, Olympic size swimming pool, connection with new metro line and direct road to riverfront

Though 100k is overkill

55886170.jpg?resizemode=4&width=400&pl=3

Those pitches already exist , they are called Motera B, C. And D which are not even allowed for practise even Ranji Trophy players .

An indoor academy also exists 

I  think people are overlooking the fact that Gujarat ranji team won their first Ranji title in 2016-2017. Clearly even somebody is looking at the cricketing aspects on the field. I have noticed more and more good cricketers linked to Guj ranji teams making the cut. Pappu Patel, Bumrah, Pandya Pujara Jadeja (Saurashtra, Baroda and Gujarat) 

India should be thankful as Bumrah from what I know is born and raised in A'bad and plays for the Gujarat ranji team. If this sports complex spread over 63 acres produces multiple such talents I think its time to say thankyou to Mr Shah and Modi.