Even if India lose to SL tomorrow...

Gambit

Please don't go overboard with the bashing and remember that we've had a very successful tour. Apart from the MCG, we matched Australia shot for shot and wicket for wicket. The 2-1 series outcome was not at all appropriate and it should have been 1-1 at the very least. Our ODI team has been pretty mediocre of late and is in transition having lost one of the greatest ODI openers ever and probably the best number 5 India ever had. Despite that, India competed well with Australia (World Champs) and Sri Lanka(runners up) in all the games. Dhoni is building a team for the future and the future does look bright given what we've seen in the past few weeks. Please bear that in mind if India loses tomorrow and don't suffer from short term memory loss.

Haan' date=' woh to hai. Lekin if we do lose, you can imagine the mayhem that will be caused here forgetting how well we did overall on the tour.[/quote'] Arrey yaar Gambo why are you so worried about the highest paid sportsmen from our country- we can have a world chmapion at chess & no one even reads the news about him and on the other hand one of our cricket players can hit 30 odd runs and be claimed a superstar if he wins; so with recognition comes expectations and criticisms. They should and will be able to handle it- stop babysitting the team

You know what hurts me the most ? The 2 chances we missed to triumph over Australia. 1st instance was when we couldn't chase 204 and 2nd instance was when we fell 18 runs short. I mean Australia in no way mauled over our team, but rather we played silly cricket to lose those games. There is absolutely NO excuses for India to not to make to the finals, because we have played poor cricket and this is the only reason we are in 'do-or-die' situation now.

Arrey yaar Gambo why are you so worried about the highest paid sportsmen from our country- we can have a world chmapion at chess & no one even reads the news about him and on the other hand one of our cricket players can hit 30 odd runs and be claimed a superstar if he wins; so with recognition comes expectations and criticisms. They should and will be able to handle it- stop babysitting the team
Yes, by all means do criticise but temper the criticism. Don't go overboard is what I'm saying. Don't call XYZ an idiot and call for his dropping. Don't label the team as $hit and cra.p. Have a sense of perspective. Remember the test series. Remember that this is a transition period. Believe that greater things are around the corner.

Test team is separate - they got their praise and appreciation when the series concluded. There were enough number of threads appreciating the Test team, and you are right in saying India atleast drew 1-1, infact India won the Test series 2-1 ( I will give Sydney to India). Great job by the Test team. This is ODIs and what the Test team did or not is irrelevant to this series. BTW - losing to SL in a closely fought match will not bring forth any harsh threads. I think most posters can take a closely fought loss. But, being 40-4 chasing 250, and then folding further, will that just get lukewarm "Oh too bad!" responses??? Why should it only get lukewarm? Anyway...good pre-emptive strike :D

You know what hurts me the most ? The 2 chances we missed to triumph over Australia. 1st instance was when we couldn't chase 204 and 2nd instance was when we fell 18 runs short. I mean Australia in no way mauled over our team' date=' but rather we played silly cricket to lose those games. There is absolutely NO excuses for India to not to make to the finals, because we have played poor cricket and this is the only reason we are in 'do-or-die' situation now.[/quote'] I really don't mind the second loss- it was a sizeable total to chase and we put up a good fight the first defeat really stings because we had the Aussies on the mat
Test team is separate - they got their praise and appreciation when the series concluded. There were enough number of threads appreciating the Test team' date=' and you are right in saying India atleast drew 1-1, infact [b']India won the Test series 2-1 ( I will give Sydney to India). Great job by the Test team. This is ODIs and what the Test team did or not is irrelevant to this series. BTW - losing to SL in a closely fought match will not bring forth any harsh threads. I think most posters can take a closely fought loss. But, being 40-4 chasing 250, and then folding further, will that just get lukewarm "Oh too bad!" responses??? Why should it only get lukewarm? Anyway...good pre-emptive strike :D
I propose a lifetime ban on FL as the mother of all pre-emptive strikes!!!! Na rahega FL na khulenge criticism threads:haha::haha: and he is used to lifetime bans anyway:dance::dance:
Please don't go overboard with the bashing and remember that we've had a very successful tour. Apart from the MCG, we matched Australia shot for shot and wicket for wicket. The 2-1 series outcome was not at all appropriate and it should have been 1-1 at the very least. Our ODI team has been pretty mediocre of late and is in transition having lost one of the greatest ODI openers ever and probably the best number 5 India ever had. Despite that, India competed well with Australia (World Champs) and Sri Lanka(runners up) in all the games. Dhoni is building a team for the future and the future does look bright given what we've seen in the past few weeks. Please bear that in mind if India loses tomorrow and don't suffer from short term memory loss.
Heh. You expect way too much from these g@andoos. Rehne de yaar Besides, India won't lose today.