POLL : Seeking the right team combination for World Cup

SK_IH

Right team combination for World Cup ?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Right team combination for World Cup?

• Combo A - two wristys, two seamers, 1 all rounder
    • Combo B - one wristy, 3 seamers, 1 all rounder 
    • Combo C - two spinners (one phoney Jadeja), 2 seamers , 1 all rounder 
    • Combo D- two spinners, two seamers, relying on Shankar-Jadhav to finish the 5th bowler quota 
    • Any other (please specify)

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Who said that, Dhoni flopped for whole world cup 11, but he scored in finals. The top three you have in this team is one of the most consistent in the game. You need a player who can turn the match on his own from 4 and 5. He might not get a chance to do more than once but he should have that ability to do it.

Even if Dhoni and co throw their bats around they cannot score 30 ball fifty anymore on their greatest days. Forget 30 ball 70s.Where are those players.

That ship has sailed. The horses they backed were the worst horses. Rayudu, Karthik, Jadhav. No chance for any youngsters in the last 2 years. A matured Gill could win match on his own. They gave him a couple of chances right at the end  and tossed him out.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

That ship has sailed. The horses they backed were the worst horses. Rayudu, Karthik, Jadhav. No chance for any youngsters in the last 2 years. A matured Gill could win match on his own. They gave him a couple of chances right at the end  and tossed him out.

But who is that guy who missed out? Yes they backed wrong horses but were there anyone better.I am not just talking about no4. We don't have any explosiveness at no5 , no6 or no7.Other than Rayudu, I agree he should have never been part of Indian team.

Where are the guys like Butler, Hetmeyer , do you see those kind of talents in the system.Pandya is there as a finisher do you trust Pandya to do well against fast bowlers. I don't think he has any ability to handle fast bowlers.

The only chance this team has is to keep other teams from scoring. Last two matches were lost due to putrid lower order batting.

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who said that, Dhoni flopped for whole world cup 11, but he scored in finals. The top three you have in this team is one of the most consistent in the game. You need a player who can turn the match on his own from 4 and 5. He might not get a chance to do more than once but he should have that ability to do it.

Even if Dhoni and co throw their bats around they cannot score 30 ball fifty anymore on their greatest days. Forget 30 ball 70s.Where are those players.

but Dhoni was not an x-factor.  Dhoni may have failed in WC but he has been one of the most consistent ODI batsmen ever.  

38 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Tell me who is out waiting to replace them??? That Stinky  Rahul no thanks.

So you think it was fine to have oldies and garbage play on at no 4 all this while. That is your idea of developing a team? 

But who is that guy who missed out? Yes they backed wrong horses but were there anyone better.I am not just talking about no4. We don't have any explosiveness at no5 , no6 or no7.Other than Rayudu, I agree he should have never been part of Indian team.

Where are the guys like Butler, Hetmeyer , do you see those kind of talents in the system.Pandya is there as a finisher do you trust Pandya to do well against fast bowlers. I don't think he has any ability to handle fast bowlers.

The only chance this team has is to keep other teams from scoring. Last two matches were lost due to putrid lower order batting.

Rahul. They should have given him more chances when he was dropped from MO.  he is the only current batsman along with Rohit and Kohli who has the ability to turn the game on his own.  He needed to be given more confidence.  Instead, they dropped him after after 3 ODIs in SL series where he did not even get chances at the same number.  you need to invest 30-40 games.  they want a player in 3-4 games instead that does not happen. Even Kohli took 3-4 years.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

but Dhoni was not an x-factor.  Dhoni may have failed in WC but he has been one of the most consistent ODI batsmen ever.  

Any consistent batsmen can have run of low scores and any inconsistent batsmen can produce string of good scores.That ability to produce is missing in this team.

You don't need another Kohli in this team you need a guy like Pathan/Raina if they click even once or twice in the critical matches that should do the job.I am looking for match winners with bat and ball right now with bat after no3 we don't have any?

I want us to boycott this WC, to teach ICC a lesson and put pressure on Pakistan. Watching this flawed team led by an idiotic TM makes the decision that much easier. We won't lose much by pulling out, waise bhi these idiots aren't going to surprise us in the weakest ODI field in many decades. 

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If you look at Indian history after Kapil dev, then briefly Jadeja (not in the same class), then Yuvraj/Dhoni/Raina  we hardly had any hitters. We were lucky to have those 3 in the back end at the same time in form.  Guys like Yusuf Pathan were not reliable. Even in domestic there  is not much. Ali, Rashid, Woakes can all hit big even though they bat at 8,9,10.  At this point India relies on restricting opposition.

36 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes because Chahal is so one dimesional player , he adds nothing in any other aspects, it is not like he is Mcgrath. It is not always about players who are not playing it is all about players performing better.Captain cannot create players.

Don't tell kohli has faith in all his players man. He doesn't. His treatment of players by chopping and changing the squad doesn't help at all.

Just now, putrevus said:

No we need to back guys  like Rahul who look so inept and out of depth with no abiliy to adapt.

2016-17 Rahul looked very promising...wasn't given chances.

Gill, Iyer sidelined.

Pant, Shankar not tried out earlier.

These were much better options than the ones we tried out. Rayudu, DK, Rahane and present versions of Raina/UV wouldn't make it to the Bangladesh squad. Hell when UV was picked, he wasn't among the top 4 best batsmen in Punjab. 

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Rahul. They should have given him more chances when he was dropped from MO.  he is the only current batsman along with Rohit and Kohli who has the ability to turn the game on his own.  He needed to be given more confidence.  Instead, they dropped him after after 3 ODIs in SL series where he did not even get chances at the same number.  you need to invest 30-40 games.  they want a player in 3-4 games instead that does not happen. Even Kohli took 3-4 years.

Well he was his own enemy, he got consistent chances in test matches and if flopped so bad that he looked like tailender. But Rahul is just one player where are others.

How many matches did Turner play.Rahul looked so incompetent in that match that he was patting fulltosses. You can mock captain and selectors all you want but I simply don't see any talent out there who can be termed world class which missed out.

This thread is just a time pass one by Indian cricket fans....all good. Practically speaking, I will hate it if we board the plane to England unless ICC takes some serious steps against PCB. We have to stop funding those bhikharis. 

Edited by Gollum
5 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Don't tell kohli has faith in all his players man. He doesn't. His treatment of players by chopping and changing the squad doesn't help at all.

Why is he not dropping Bumrah then. Bumrah is useless with bat and on field he is a liabilty too,you have to understand you cannot have two Mcgraths in the team forget Chahals.They simply make team one dimesional.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

2016-17 Rahul looked very promising...wasn't given chances.

Gill, Iyer sidelined.

Pant, Shankar not tried out earlier.

These were much better options than the ones we tried out. Rayudu, DK, Rahane and present versions of Raina/UV wouldn't make it to the Bangladesh squad. Hell when UV was picked, he wasn't among the top 4 best batsmen in Punjab. 

What really happened with Rahul is he got sorted out by international bowlers and he has not changed his technique to overcome it. We have seen 100s of players doing well intially .Once they get sorted out by bowlers or batsmen talented ones make changes in their game and adapt to become successful.

Rahul as of now is one trick pony who can hit few boundaries opening the innings. There is nothing else in his game right now and he has been around for 5 plus years.

Yes he got a raw deal in odis,I agree but IMO he should have made himself a middle order batsman both in IPL and list A. Maybe he knows very well he does not have the game to succeed at no4.VVS said no to opening role too.

What really happened with Rahul is he got sorted out by international bowlers and he has not changed his technique to overcome it. We have seen 100s of players doing well intially .Once they get sorted out by bowlers or batsmen talented ones make changes in their game and adapt to become successful.

Rahul as of now is one trick pony who can hit few boundaries opening the innings. There is nothing else in his game right now and he has been around for 5 plus years.

Yes he got a raw deal in odis,I agree but IMO he should have made himself a middle order batsman both in IPL and list A. Maybe he knows very well he does not have the game to succeed at no4.VVS said no to opening role too.

I never trust these on the up players through off side. We have 3 players in the INdian side who does that. Iyer, Sanju samson, KL Rahul. Risky players. 

23 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I never trust these on the up players through off side. We have 3 players in the INdian side who does that. Iyer, Sanju samson, KL Rahul. Risky players. 

People were making such a big deal about Rahul missing first test in SA and Rahane missing two test in the same series .What did they do in England.

This team management is impatient but I don't think they have neglected a great talent.Do we see any Bulters or Hetmeyers in system which have been neglected. Only blatant mistake is Rayudu.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

This team management is impatient but I don't think they have neglected a great talent.Do we see any Bulters or Hetmeyers in system which have been neglected. Only blatant mistake is Rayudu.

Siraj- how on earth is that guy not selected in test series and time n again we take thakur

Shankar- he shud have been taken as 2nd all rounder n anyone who has followed domestic cricket wud have knwn he is good enough to play as batsman only, but captain was to obsessed with keeping rohit sharma 

Ankit rajpoot- in which selectors , dravid are also involved as he is not even a regular in India-A setup 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03