My goals for India

zen

1 hour ago, velu said:

maybe 5/6L per week :p: 

out of 5 working days , only 2 days are profitable for me .. trying to figure out what todo on the remaining 3 days

To earn 25L per month, you need a proper biz plan :orderorder: .... most times, it takes money to earn money 

3 hours ago, mishra said:

There is looming water crisis. We may not go to war with Pakistan over Kashmir but we may endup going to war over water

India is the last place on the planet that should have a water crisis. 
All we need are efficient river linkage programs and holding reservoirs for monsoon rain, as well as diverting excess flood water to storage/where required. 
Yes, its a decades long project and requires a ton of $$, but logistically and ecologically, Indian water crisis is an indictment on the indian government. 

The average annual rainfall over all of India is roughly 120cm. For a landmass that is 3.2 million sq kms, that yeilds a volume of 3800 cubic KIOMETERS of rainfall per annum. 
How much is this much water ? Its greater than 1 lake Huron being dumped on us per annum. 
How much water does India use ? about 1200 cubic kms per annum. yes, its low. But USA uses around 1000 cubic Kms per year and their population is about 4 times smaller than Indian population.

So, even without our riverine waters (which are extensive), to have US level of consumption per capita, we need around 4500 cubic kms of water pe annum. Rain alone provides 3800. There should be no excuse for India to have water shortage if governments take long term action over rainwater harvesting as well as diversion of excess flood water from the rivers to storage. 

Edited by Muloghonto

On 3/19/2019 at 9:59 PM, zen said:

without awareness, the problem will remain longer than intended.

it’s only a problem to you or people living outside india, not the 90% of the people actually living in india.

india is a free country, a democracy, not a dictatorship. if majority of them are happy with the current standards of cleanliness etc, whatever their standards may be, then who are foreigners to complain? For those who seek more ‘developed’ standards, they just emigrate. They don’t waste their time trying to change billion people’s views on standards. 

Its not that the standards are lower in india, they’re just different. It will develop - whatever that means - at its own pace.

And these things you mention I don’t think require radical ideas. They should be quite simple to implement, but that’s not the will or priority of the people/government

21 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

it’s only a problem to you or people living outside india, not the 90% of the people actually living in india.

india is a free country, a democracy, not a dictatorship. if majority of them are happy with the current standards of cleanliness etc, whatever their standards may be, then who are foreigners to complain? For those who seek more ‘developed’ standards, they just emigrate. They don’t waste their time trying to change billion people’s views on standards. 

Its not that the standards are lower in india, they’re just different. It will develop - whatever that means - at its own pace.

And these things you mention I don’t think require radical ideas. They should be quite simple to implement, but that’s not the will or priority of the people/government

you have made some inaccurate assumptions. the points discussed here are about making a country better by utilizing good practices and trying to see that no one is left behind. it is not about being "developed" .... and i do not see you speaking for the 90% 

Edited by zen

7 minutes ago, zen said:

you have made some inaccurate assumptions. the points discussed here are about making a country better. this is not about developed or whatever. you probably have not understood the thread. and i do not see you speaking for the 90% 

my close family still lives there, I’ve lived there for some time, I know how/what majority thinks. majority of the population barely make rs.15k/month to be worried about air quality and what not lol. These are very western/developed countries’ things to be worried about.

Better how? By using developed countries’ metrics? I’m sure you’ve read about how people refused to use toilets inside their homes. They don’t see it as ‘better’. I’ll say it again, the standards there are different.

What you’re trying to do is to ‘civilize’ the population according to your own standards, something that the brits  tried to do before.

6 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

my close family still lives there, I’ve lived there for some time, I know how/what majority thinks. majority of the population barely make rs.15k/month to be worried about air quality and what not lol. These are very western/developed countries’ things to be worried about.

Better how? By using developed countries’ metrics? I’m sure you’ve read about how people refused to use toilets inside their homes. They don’t see it as ‘better’. I’ll say it again, the standards there are different.

many folks here have properties and families in India. In fact, my wardrobe is still intact in my room in my house in India .... so again there is no point in assuming that others do not know stuff about India  :lol:

better how? have you read the OP? improved environment,  a better law and order situation, free basic education, etc., do they not benefit all? 

^^ here’s an idea for you. Start small. How about you create a survey in the local language and go to the tiniest of villages. Ask them about law and order, air quality, education etc. If they’re not satisfied then you can work on them. I’m guessing you have enough funds to help them out.

Even Ambani, who’s a trustee of the Nathdwara temple, tried to improve the Nathdwara experience by widening the roads, enhancing cleanliness etc. The people refused.

Good luck!

8 hours ago, bhakum20 said:

^^ here’s an idea for you. Start small. How about you create a survey in the local language and go to the tiniest of villages. Ask them about law and order, air quality, education etc. If they’re not satisfied then you can work on them. I’m guessing you have enough funds to help them out.

Even Ambani, who’s a trustee of the Nathdwara temple, tried to improve the Nathdwara experience by widening the roads, enhancing cleanliness etc. The people refused.

Good luck!

Buddy, I am not trying to market a new product or a politician seeking votes  .... If some of these people do not care about law and order, pollution, health care, education, etc., it (not caring) is a problem. And that problem needs to be solved! 

I hope next you will not say to conduct a survey among kids to see if they want to study. Or worse conduct a survey among criminals to see if they want to go to jail ....  Being democratic does not mean Ind turn into a jail that is to be run by the inmates :winky:

If an idea were to be given, it could have been to run programs to educate on the importance of these issues (so that people “open their eyes” to start caring) 

Edited by zen

^^ Awareness can take generations, even centuries. Basically there are two ways you can instill civic sense, the quick way is you fine the sh*t out of them like Singapore/Gulf countries, or you be like Japan where civic sense comes from within the people. Modi has chosen the second option which will take time.

A good place to start is overhauling primary school by really sensitivizing kids to such issues. When they grow up they will not tolerate “chalta hai”.

Edited by bhakum20

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, zen said:

b) Quality population

• Quality over quantity 
  • Free basic education. A system where students can learn at their own pace while also devoting time for hobbies such as painting, photography, writing, music, sports, etc. Where you are judged based on team work. Once you go beyond the basics, education can get more advanced and focused 
  • Education to keep the environment first and India clean at any cost 
  • Free basic healthcare with competitive insurance rates till a certain minimum. Optimal emergency medical services  
  • Compulsory 2-year military service for men from ages 18-22. If nothing else, this will instill discipline 
  • A society that respects kids, women, seniors and animals, who have rights too  

For you to improve quality, you have to know that quantity should be controlled or else quality cannot be achieved. Quality always gets diluted with you throwing in so much quantity. Our issue is not Quantity alone, we have issue of variety. We are a multicultural, multi-religious, multi-lingual society. So we cannot have a uniform policy for education. That means we will have to implement 3-4 or may be up to a dozen of different policies. That's it. There goes your quality out of the window.

Having said that, education reforms could be achieved with very high quality educators. Less said about our primary and secondary school teachers is better. We need to overhaul the education system and unfortunately we cannot touch the existing teachers. Basically we are screwed. You know if school management decides to enforce a simple rule, some idiot brings in caste or religious bias card and halts the whole process for not months but for years.

As I said earlier, we are royally screwed. We should thank the almighty that we have survived so far grew so much, however slow it might be. 

My goal for India is simple be a self dependent power, invest in education, R&D, science and technology, infrastructure, skill development ,rest will take care of itself, we spend peanuts in education, in R&D, the more we spend the better these 2 are critical for development of a nation along with infrastructure and medical.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

On 3/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, dial_100 said:

For you to improve quality, you have to know that quantity should be controlled or else quality cannot be achieved. Quality always gets diluted with you throwing in so much quantity. Our issue is not Quantity alone, we have issue of variety. We are a multicultural, multi-religious, multi-lingual society. So we cannot have a uniform policy for education. That means we will have to implement 3-4 or may be up to a dozen of different policies. That's it. There goes your quality out of the window.

Having said that, education reforms could be achieved with very high quality educators. Less said about our primary and secondary school teachers is better. We need to overhaul the education system and unfortunately we cannot touch the existing teachers. Basically we are screwed. You know if school management decides to enforce a simple rule, some idiot brings in caste or religious bias card and halts the whole process for not months but for years.

As I said earlier, we are royally screwed. We should thank the almighty that we have survived so far grew so much, however slow it might be. 

Some good points. However, there are a number of ways to slice a cat .... I am more focused on the vision and guidelines that can be incorporated into various programs, whose implementation can be as per the local conditions .... If you look at Europe, many countries have their own "culture" and language but are able to come up with good quality education programs. In India, many states are like a nation so that fact would need to be considered when designing strategies. Treating states as mini-nations can open up new avenues 

I'm constantly amazed by how oblivious people are to how dirty and disgusting Indian streets are. They(public and government alike) are completely okay with streets filled with garbage, overflowing sewers, people pissing everywhere. The less said about the chaos that is Indian traffic the better.

No lane system or any regard for traffic rules, motorists choosing to barge into every gap possible without any regard for safety to themselves or to others. 

India needs quality education and that too on a high priority basis and not just being able to learn the basic alphabets or write your name. Without good education, no change will happen.

Quality population from quality education will be tough as of now. Leftists have already screwed the education system since independence, and Modi put a rubber stamp as HRD minister to avoid controversy. The historical distortions and jugaad will continue for the foreseeable future and distorians will continue to have free reign. 

Missing MMJ the last 5 years. 

Edited by Moochad