Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

58 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

According to BCCI the rules were wrongly interpreted and the match officials failed in their duty. They also have come down heavily on Ashwin

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/ravichandran-ashwin-should-have-maintained-decorum-bcci-official/articleshow/68579388.cms

Lolz who is the bcci official no one will ever know cause he does not exist. 

35 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Just check the main forum. I was the one started a troll thread against Ashwin. I am the one who advocated exclusion of KKD in ODI, Vijay in Tests. May be you think everybody is regionalistic like you?

So VVS YOU EXPECTED all folks to give you medal for that lol...hehe

They still call you biased. :laugh:. Keep that in mind. 

Ashwin did nothing wrong. In fact I credit him for potentially being a pioneer in what was always a gray area

This spirit of cricket is BS

Batsmen nick and they don't walk

People like Sachin ball tamper etc

Batsman always get save by a yard or two thanks to backing up too much

Simple: DO not leave the crease until bowler has delivered the ball.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Very good analogy. Even when Sachin lied to protect Harbhajan all of bcci ralied behind him knowing fully well he is liying here when Ashwin is in the right they should atleast suppprt him.:--D

Exactly. Thanks for the added clarity :two_thumbs_up:

Been busy lurking :-) but had to say one thing too lazy to do it myself:

Forget the holy "spirit of cricket" however sacred or profane it actually might be (I will betray my prejudices and say that it only seems to apply when non-Goras are the perpetrators and Goras are affected). If you want to argue your case for or against Ashwin, why not compile *all* screenshots of Buttler at the non-stricker's end *at the point of delivery* in the match and then argue your case? Fair and simple for somebody that can replay the stream with decent digital skills and wants to argue good faith. After all, if Buttler always/never (most likely in the majority of cases his behavior is a certain way) left his crease before the ball had been bowled by the bowler, we have no rationale for Ashwin doing what he did or Buttler being aggrieved and the others commenting on the spirits and rules and precedents of the game and such.

Edited by profster

1 minute ago, profster said:

Been busy lurking :-) but had to say onething too lazy to do it myself:

Forget the holy "spirit of cricket" however sacred or profane it actually might be (I will betray my prejudices and say that it only seems to apply when non-Goras are affected). If you want to argue your case for or against Ashwin, why not compile *all* screenshots of Buttler at the non-stricker's end *at the point of delivery* in the match and then argue your case? Fair and simple for somebody that can replay the stream with decent digital skills and wants to argue good faith. Afterall, if Buttler always/never (most likely in the majority of cases his behaviour is a certain way) left his crease before the ball has bowled by the bowler, we have no rationale for Ashwin doing what he did or Buttler being aggrieved and the others commenting on the spirits and rules and precedents of the game and such.

Check your eyes then. He left the crease before the ball was released.  Until ball completely leaves his hand it is not considered "released". 

Admire him, hate him whatever. No one can deny Ashwin is a super smart guy. Not just does he develop so many ingenious variations which have eluded spinners for so many decades, he even clears the way to ban chuckers plus exposes loopholes in ICC rules for the betterment of the sport. Sometimes he acts oversmart and annoys all of us,  but he truly is one of the most cerebral cricketers to have played cricket at the highest level.

I think he will do great post his playing career, as commentator/expert/umpire/coach/writer and I for one look forward to see his post cricket career choice(s). Internationally we haven't had too many great thinkers of the sport for the last few years, Ash could change that. 

Let's also not distract from an amazing spell by Ashwin

4 overs 20 runs 1 wicket when Rahane and Butler were smacking every other bowler everywhere

Rahane is Ashwin bunny

SOmething like 30 balls, 25 runs, 4 times dismissed

All the fence sitters including me are now supporting Ashwin just because Warne chose to bad mouth one of our very own. 

If the law needs to be ammended, then do that.. Spirit of the game cannot be violated if the Laws of the game is not broken.. If they are at variance with each other  then the cricket lords needs to set it right and not blame players for the fiasco 

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Check your eyes then. He left the crease before the ball was released.  Until ball completely leaves his hand it is not considered "released". 

To be clear, I support what Ashwin did and believe that this will spice up LOI Cricket if ICC allows the law to stand in its current form. To me it is similar to the history and rules about "stolen base" in Baseball: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_base

All I am making is the "Karma Argument": If Buttler left his crease before the delivery in most/least of his stays at the non-strickers end then that would be a persuasive argument for those making the "subjective" interpretation of the rule. For me, the Umpires made the ruling on an appeal from Ashwin and other KXIP players (I could see at least one making an unequivocal and strong appeal)  and that is all there to it. 

6 minutes ago, afan said:

All the fence sitters including me are now supporting Ashwin just because Warne chose to bad mouth one of our very own. 

If the law needs to be ammended, then do that.. Spirit of the game cannot be violated if the Laws of the game is not broken.. If they are at variance with each other  then the cricket lords needs to set it right and not blame players for the fiasco 

Gotta blame Walsh. He started this whole charade by not running out salim jaffer who backed out way too much. They went on to lose the match. Ya sure you got spirit award. You couldn't get to world cup semis because of that. He was unfairly so far outside. 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

could be reviewed by BCCI and/or CoA: 

D2hkByLX0AIL0cj.jpg:large

So, what about *all* previous instances of Buttler at the non-stricker's end in the match (and if you want to extend the matter then in his career)? After all, he could be a *repeat offender* in terms of the rule and Ashwin is the Brown Knight restoring Justice to the cricketing world :-)

Edited by profster

Just now, profster said:

So, what about *all* previous instances of Buttler at the non-stricker's end in the match (and if you want to extend the matter then in his career)? After all, he could be a *repeat offender* in terms of the rule and Ashwin is the Brown Knight restoring Justice to the cricketing world :-)

In this case, Buttler was on the right side .... you can Mankad the batsman if he is on the wrong side. Not Ashwin him when he is on the right side