Ravichandran ashwin would be my choice as the 15th member of Wc squad

Not sure if serious. This is England after all. Chahal is our second best ODI spinner and if he's not selected , we should simply include an extra pace option. Ashwin is past his peak as a bowler and even if he's performing in IPL ( which i'm assuming is why this thread exists in the first place) there is no guarantee he is going to do well in ODIs after being out for 2 years. He should focus on his fitness for test cricket and work on his skills in that format. 

59 minutes ago, zen said:

Someone like Agarwal is a much better option at #4 .... can win you a game with the bat .... too bad that Ind wasted time on likes of Rayudu, Shankar, etc. .... I hope Ind does not limit itself by not picking inform and impactful new players by going with the pointless "too late to". If your old car keeps breaking down, you do not take it to the race track by hoping that it will magically start to run like a new car and also be competitive. You will have to get a new car 

Shankar had not done badly in ODIs at all given his limited chances. Rayudu is the biggest flop of the lot. Old, unathletic , chucker , can't score quickly. Just a useless cricketer .

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Exp even jaddu offers experience+ a top class fielder  

But at this point he is an offie with many variation + batting+ a leader in the group 

My problem with Ashwin is that he does not take physical conditioning seriously. I really am not sure what he offers that others don't.

I will take Jadeja over him anytime.

Edited by Khota
4 hours ago, Khota said:

My problem with Ashwin is that he does not take physical conditioning seriously.

What does that even mean

4 hours ago, Khota said:

I really am not sure what he offers that others don't.

I will take Jadeja over him anytime.

In bowling - variation over jadeja

In batting- can bat up the order, waise bhi none are capitalizing it . Jadeja cant bat in LOI

In fielding- not a good fielder but not as bad as chahal

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What does that even mean

Look at his body fat. He is unfit to be on the field.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In bowling - variation over jadeja

In batting- can bat up the order, waise bhi none are capitalizing it . Jadeja cant bat in LOI

In fielding- not a good fielder but not as bad as chahal

At this stage his bowling is not better than Jadeja.

Fileding: Jadeja >>>>> Ashwin

Batting: Jadeja >> Ashwin

No way Ashwin should be in this team.

17 minutes ago, Khota said:

Look at his body fat. He is unfit to be on the field.

If body fat is the criteria rohit shud be thrown 1st

At this stage his bowling is not better than Jadeja.

Fileding: Jadeja >>>>> Ashwin

it was always

Batting: Jadeja >> Ashwin

No jadeja is absolute rubbish with bat in LOI

even bhuvi n shami are better then him 

Ashwin was always better than Jadeja in LOI bowling, even when he was in decline, even in that CT F. Plus his record in past WCs can't be neglected. Jadeja doesn't offer much with the bat in ODIs either, biggest phony ever who has only lost us match after match. In fielding however Sir is best in the world, just based on that he makes my squad. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Ashwin was always better than Jadeja in LOI bowling, even when he was in decline, even in that CT F. Plus his record in past WCs can't be neglected. Jadeja doesn't offer much with the bat in ODIs either, biggest phony ever who has only lost us match after match. In fielding however Sir is best in the world, just based on that he makes my squad. 

To add

jadeja bowling is effective if their is turn and so was ashwin but has a range of variations 

N with bat that jadeja cant clear circle, ashwin make him bat up m sure he can bat around 100 s/r normally .....

15 hours ago, bowl_out said:

ashwin in the squad as a back up spin option is fine, but batting him at 4 is bizzare..  his batting has declined over the years, and he isn't half good as when he scored 100s against WI... no way is he batting at 4 in the WC

not bizzare , he is technically good and plays positvely 

M not saying give him 1st pref but keep him as an option for no.4.....an out of box idea....since no one is capitalizing it . So if the same continues in Wc why not try him 

19 hours ago, zen said:

Someone like Agarwal is a much better option at #4 ....

aggarwal is not on radar, m not even talking about ppl on radar or else my choice was ankit rajpoot 

19 hours ago, zen said:

can win you a game with the bat .... too bad that Ind wasted time on likes of Rayudu, Shankar, etc

Hows is time wasted on shankar?

21 hours ago, diehardpacer said:

He is decent in India but not so good overseas.Just pick an extra swing bowler who can bowl better yorkers as 15th man.No need to carry 3 spinners to England.

He has not set the scene on fire this ipl. 7 wickets in 6 matches on tracks that are decent for spinners.

With Rayudud,Dhoni,Kedar,Dhawan,Rohit we don't really need any more experienced oldies.The fielding unit is already bad.

which is that rare bowler we dont knw about .........if ur going to name a new one i have clearly mentioned high chances our conservative Tm wont even consider them

19 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not sure if serious. This is England after all.

I knw its england it will be flat AF, but picthes will wear down n start to turn as tournament progress

Chahal is our second best ODI spinner and if he's not selected , we should simply include an extra pace option.

Im not saying drop chahal, he is still my 1st choice

But team building is also about backups n diff combinatiosn

Ashwin is past his peak as a bowler and even if he's performing in IPL ( which i'm assuming is why this thread exists in the first place)

Its nowere proven that he is past his prime, he has just suffered due to injuries 

there is no guarantee he is going to do well in ODIs after being out for 2 years. He should focus on his fitness for test cricket and work on his skills in that format. 

u cant gurantee about anyone even a rookie 

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

aggarwal is not on radar, m not even talking about ppl on radar or else my choice was ankit rajpoot 

Hows is time wasted on shankar?

a) not an ideal fit for #4 .... b) implodes under pressure

Note that even Ashwin is not in radar

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

which is that rare bowler we dont knw about .........if ur going to name a new one i have clearly mentioned high chances our conservative Tm wont even consider them

Right now guarantees in WC Squad are:

Rohit,Dhawan,Kohli,Dhoni,Pandya,Jadhav,Bhuvi,Kuldeep,Shami,Bumrah,Chahal.

With 4 more spots Pant,KLR,Shankar,Rayudu(unwanted but will sneak in) are more likely to get in.

I am hoping that Kohli having watched Saini's bowling demands his inclusion in place of Rayudu. Even Deepak Chahar has a chance(CSK backing).

If it comes to either Rayudu/Ashwin,I will take Ashwin.

Edited by diehardpacer

Many people will laugh at me but I still believe Ashwin is a better LOI bowler than tests. Due to his variations...he is more suited to shorter formats...especially in T20 cricket. There is a reason....I wanted him to retire from tests and prep himself for t20 WC next year. As far as 50 over WC is concerned, not sure since we have Kulcha already and only 15 players allowed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk