Why is CSK such a MI's bunny ?

philcric

5 hours ago, Pollack said:

3 ipl titles and 2 cl titles have been achieved by MI too without having 100% playoff records.

In terms of actual results that matters Mumbai Indians are equal.

3/7 finals is choking compared to 3/4 finals by Mumbai Indians.

Not saying CSK isn't a consistent team but if CSK is greatest t20 team then so should be MI too with equal trophy counts. Trophy count matters.

Not making the play off 4 times also counts. Once they missed out even when CSK was not playing. You have to average your highs and lows. They once finished 7th out of 8th. 

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not making the play off 4 times also counts. Once they missed out even when CSK was not playing. You have to average your highs and lows. They once finished 7th out of 8th. 

:facepalm:Winning IPL is the real deal not reaching playoff. Teams don't play to reach playoff. They play to win the trophy. :giggle:

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

That is an excuse to cover up the season where you get blown away. It does matter when you are assessing consistency.

:hysterical: Next time IPL should organise separate trophy for making playoffs.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

:hysterical: Next time IPL should organise separate trophy for making playoffs.

In Champions trophy even though Australia has won 2 trophies we won two (one is shared). We have won 70% of the CT matches compared to 60% of the matches Australia won. We made the final 4 times won twice. Australia reached final only twice won twice. We are the most consistent side in the Champions Trophy. It is something similar to that. CSK has the highest percentage of wins overall more than any team.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

In Champions trophy even though Australia has won 2 trophies we won two (one is shared). We have won 70% of the CT matches compared to 60% of the matches Australia won. We made the final 4 times won twice. Australia reached final only twice won twice. We are the most consistent side in the Champions Trophy. It is something similar to that. CSK has the highest percentage of wins overall more than any team.

So what? For the last time, Who is debating about CSKs consistency in reaching playoffs. But their consistency in winning the trophy which is the ultimate goal of tournament is as good as Mumbai Indians.

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

So what? For the last time, Who is debating about CSKs consistency in reaching playoffs. But their consistency in winning the trophy which is the ultimate goal of tournament is as good as Mumbai Indians.

Isn't this about consistency?  Not reaching play offs 4 times. And also they won the title once when CSK was not even playing. When you consider the number of titles when they both play together It is CSK 3-2.

Fed made 5 RG finals, won only once. Stan made 2 RG finals, won once. Now as per MI fans Stan>=Fed cos latter is a choker.

What a stupid thing to argue over. To judge the 2 teams who have won equal number of titles, average their final rank across all editions and the one with a lower number wins, in this case CSK comfortably. They never faced blowouts like other teams. 

Edited by Gollum

12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

but if you take in all of these records, it makes CSK the most successful IPL team.  3 IPL titles, 2 CL titles, 100% play off records.  100% record does not show the failure.  It shows how good they have been.  

It's very convenient that many CSK Fans ignore the 2 years ban.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Fed made 5 RG finals, won only once. Stan made 2 RG finals, won once. Now as per MI fans Stan>=Fed cos latter is a choker.

What a stupid thing to argue over. To judge the 2 teams who have won equal number of titles, average their final rank across all editions and the one with a lower number wins, in this case CSK comfortably. They never faced blowouts like other teams. 

Actually Stan(not me) deserves credit here. If not for Wawrinka, Djokovic would be sitting at 18 titles instead of the 15 now. He is basically better than defeating peak Djokovic than both Federer and Nadal combined. He just physically and mentally ambushed Djokovic in not 1 but 3 different grandslams over three years. 2014 AO, 2015 FO & 2016 USO. He just blew away Djokovic there. Nole basically didn't have any answers to his hyper aggressive attacking game with a brutalizing backhand.

Normally if you see the H2H between Wawrinka and djokovic it would be lopsidedly in favor of Djokovic. Overall it is true that djokovic is a much better player than wawrinka except for the very annoying fact that Stan managed to stop Nole in two grandslam finals and in a 4th round match. It is a very important point worth highlighting and H2H Stats don't say everything.  There are many layers in discussing rivalries and not just head to heads.

P.S: I was actually very annoyed to see stan didn't replicate his 2015 form in the Australian open.

Edited by Stan AF

There are certain guys in Tennis have certain weaknesses against Certain players.  There was this guy Goran Ivanisevic one of the greatest server of all time. Edberg was at his peak. Ivanisevic a rookie won the match purely through brutal serves in the QF.  Edberg had this achilles heel against power players. Jim Courier etc. Ivanisevic served 33 aces. Edberg lost in 5 sets

https://www.atptour.com/en/scores/1992/540/MS007/match-stats?isLive=False

Everybody was expecting Ivanisevic to win the title that year. Then he met his match in the final. Another 5 setter. He served 37 aces. Ivanisevic pretty much killed agassi in every first serve. But when it came to second serves, Agassi fully capitalized on it. Won the crucial points. Despite winning only 48% of total points won the game in 5th set.

https://www.atptour.com/en/scores/1992/540/MS001/match-stats?isLive=False

Watch this classic here

I thought you don't care about IPL much. But you surely do care about defensing CSK. Not just this thread. @Laaloo gollum is another @vvvslaxman  closet chusky trying to show he doesn't care or is neutral. :phehe:

Apples to oranges. You can (or not since you seem to be closet chusky) do better. 

BTW did you notice here you chose finals for your argument. :giggle: That is the real argument and not just 3/7, 3/4 only. Also why restrict it to fed and Stan only? You have other stats to compare and say Stan is not greater than Fed. That is not the case in IPL, both CsK and MI play only IPLs and no other team has similar stats as these two. So we are comparing the top two unlike in your case of fed vs stan where you conveniently ignore others who are better than Stan.

You should also average the number of praises dhoni got, what degrees the ball spun by etc. Also your mental gymnastics show south Africa is the second best team in world cups and ahead of multiple time winners like India 

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I thought you don't care about IPL much. But you surely do care about defensing CSK. Not just this thread. @Laaloo gollum is another @vvvslaxman  closet chusky trying to show he doesn't care or is neutral. :phehe:

I don't give a **** about IPL. It is you guys who brought the ridiculous Fed-Nadal comparisons in the 1st place with little knowledge of tennis. 

Why tag others, need back up or what? Don't assume much, don't want to say much because I don't think you are a troll. If you want to go down that path your choice, I will make necessary adjustments to handle that *. And stick to debating the points rather than pointless digressions. 

But you have discounted the fact that csk3is Mumbais bunny. That makes mi the much superior team 

Just now, Gollum said:

I don't give a **** about IPL. It is you guys who brought the ridiculous Fed-Nadal comparisons in the 1st place with little knowledge of tennis. 

Why tag others, need back up or what? Don't assume much, don't want to say much because I don't think you are a troll. If you want to go down that path your choice, I will make necessary adjustments to handle that *. And stick to debating the points rather than pointless digressions. 

Sure you don't care a fig about ipl. That csk closet much be really cramped with both you and @VVS Laxman In it 

Just now, Gollum said:

But you quoted my posts regarding IPL not tennis. And yes you care about IPL and the teams in it. Better accept it. :om: