Why is CSK such a MI's bunny ?

philcric

2 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

You should also average the number of praises dhoni got, what degrees the ball spun by etc. Also your mental gymnastics show south Africa is the second best team in world cups and ahead of multiple time winners like India 

What the * are you on about? Read my post again.

What a stupid thing to argue over. To judge the 2 teams who have won equal number of titles, average their final rank across all editions and the one with a lower number wins, in this case CSK comfortably. They never faced blowouts like other teams. 

Have RSA and India won equal number of WCs? That is why don't shoot your mouth off without reading the original post. Had one team won 4 IPL titles and the other say 3 there would be a clear winner. But that isn't the case here. If in the next 20 years India makes another 3 WC finals losing each time while WI don't do **** we will be regarded as a better WC team, @vvvslaxman made the point about Ind/Aus CT comparison and that explains it. This isn't rocket science. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I don't give a **** about IPL. It is you guys who brought the ridiculous Fed-Nadal comparisons in the 1st place with little knowledge of tennis. 

Why tag others, need back up or what? Don't assume much, don't want to say much because I don't think you are a troll. If you want to go down that path your choice, I will make necessary adjustments to handle that *. And stick to debating the points rather than pointless digressions. 

He is tagging a known troll because he can't win arguments. You know strength in numbers. he is the kinda guy who is scared of you but kicks when you are not looking at your birthday bump :phehe:

7 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Sure you don't care a fig about ipl. That csk closet much be really cramped with both you and @VVS Laxman In it 

8 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

But you have discounted the fact that csk3is Mumbais bunny. That makes mi the much superior team 

Which closet are you on :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

If in the next 20 years India makes another 3 WC finals losing each time while WI don't do **** we will be regarded as a better WC team, @vvvslaxman made the point about Ind/Aus CT comparison and that explains it. This isn't rocket science. 

Again foolish argument. Why would you compare India with westindies in your case. If India reaches in the final 3 times in your case then it should be compared with other teams who did better and not teams which did nothing.(WI in your case). And if you find say like a team which has made 2 finals and won it too then that team is better even though India made three and loat all. You should compare the best two teams. 

10 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

But you have discounted the fact that csk3is Mumbais bunny. That makes mi the much superior team 

H2H isn't the be all end all in any sport to decide the better player/team. In any sport you have to beat the field and not just one player. Nadal isn't greater than Fed because he has an overwhelming H2H, both had to go through a common field/player pool to win majors and Fed won more, made more finals, semis etc. I am not sure about all the stats but based on what I read here CSK has been more consistent in reaching finals, semis etc even if both have won same number of titles. Maybe MI is a difficult opponent for CSK, all teams have their nemesis and CSK is no different. 

9 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Sure you don't care a fig about ipl. That csk closet much be really cramped with both you and @VVS Laxman In it 

Zyada dimag mat chala. 

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

But you quoted my posts regarding IPL not tennis. And yes you care about IPL and the teams in it. Better accept it. :om:

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

IPL is a good tournament with good entertainment for cricket fans. Why do people feel ashamed to accept that they follow IPL and even unknowingly (?) care about it. :facepalm:

Yeah whatever. Why don't you stop trying to read other posters' minds? If everyone starts doing this things may get a bit messy here :wp3:. Sincere advice: stick to logical/factual arguments and debates.  

36 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I thought you don't care about IPL much. But you surely do care about defensing CSK. Not just this thread. @Laaloo gollum is another @vvvslaxman  closet chusky trying to show he doesn't care or is neutral. :phehe:

Ok back the (bolded part) statement, feel free to bump old posts/threads. 

No reply by @Gollum on this :hysterical:

12 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Again foolish argument. Why would you compare India with westindies in your case. If India reaches in the final 3 times in your case then it should be compared with other teams who did better and not teams which did nothing.(WI in your case). And if you find say like a team which has made 2 finals and won it too then that team is better even though India made three and loat all. You should compare the best two teams. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ok back the (bolded part) statement, feel free to bump old posts/threads. 

I have a life than to dig and then post it for your reference and I am sure even after doing so you will come up with some lame response. The fact that you are actively posting in IPL section, passionately defending CSK, posting in match threads of IPL section it's enough to show you do care about IPL. 

10 minutes ago, Pollack said:

What are you on about, confused much. 

OK I will make matters simpler, Aus is the GOAT WC team and will remain so for at least a couple of decades barring major miracles. 

India, WI each have made 3 finals and won twice each, so the task is finding the 2nd greatest ODI WC team. Checked the W/L stats and Ind:WI::CSK:MI. 

India is 2/3, WI is 2/3 but if India becomes 2/6 and WI stays at 2/3 which will be the 2nd greatest WC team? Obviously even the W/L will favor India, what exactly is difficult to understand here? 

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

No reply by @Gollum on this :hysterical:

LOL, how lame are you? Never expected you to be so troll-like.

I have a life than to dig and then post it for your reference and I am sure even after doing so you will come up with some lame response.

Then don't make assumptions. Once you go down that path you have to back up your words, else these things will start flying around and you know the other poster too has a keyboard and screen in front of him. 

The fact that you are actively posting in IPL section, passionately defending CSK, posting in match threads of IPL section it's enough to show you do care about IPL. 

Wow making common sense points means passionate defending. And for a person who has a life as indicated in the previous part you do know what and where I post. Either you are a stalker or a liar, not good either way. 

Edited by Gollum

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What are you on about, confused much. 

OK I will make matters simpler, Aus is the GOAT WC team and will remain so for at least a couple of decades barring major miracles. 

India, WI each have made 3 finals and won twice each, so the task is finding the 2nd greatest ODI WC team. Checked the W/L stats and Ind:WI::CSK:MI. 

India is 2/3, WI is 2/3 but if India becomes 2/6 and WI stays at 2/3 which will be the 2nd greatest WC team? Obviously even the W/L will favor India, what exactly is difficult to understand here? 

Insane, really insane. We are talking about finding greatest team. Not the second greatest team. :hehe:  second greatest team :rotfl: 

Discussion was about finding the greatest team:

To do so, compare the best two teams  and compare their trophy counts and not stats like finals made or even worst playoffs made.

Is it eally difficult for you to understand that trophy count matters when you compare the two best teams and not playoffs made. 

In case of MI and CSK, trophy count is same. CSK has been more consistent team than MI but in terms of goal achieved which is winning the trophy they are equal.

Your examples of fed can Stan and India vs WI aren't applicable because you aren't comparing the best two. There are others players or teams who have similar or better stats than the one side you chose to compare.

Edited by Pollack

I know I am losing my brain cells here but let me give another analogy.

Brazil is the most successful football team of all time, everyone agrees. Max crowns, best W/L, best GD....

Now 2nd best?

Contenders: Germany and Italy each with 4 trophies

But Germany has finished 2nd 4 times, Azzurri twice. More 3rd place spots for Germany, more SF qualifications, better W/L. Which is the 2nd greatest team in FIFA WC history?

My last post on this subject. 

14 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Insane, really insane. We are talking about finding greatest team. Not the second greatest team. :hehe:  second greatest team :rotfl: 

We are talking about finding the better team. And since these 2 are top 2 in IPL history the better one will automatically become the greatest as of now. 

You are deluding yourself now, really sad.

OK this really is my last post about CSK/MI, not getting baited any more. 

Edited by Gollum

CSK won 3 titles in 9 attempts

MI won 3 titles in 11 attempts (  1 in the absence of CSK)

When you juxtapose this with how badly they sucked in 4 of the seasons it is no brainer who is a better team. Just ask any neutral foreign commie and get an answer which is the best IPL team in IPL

history.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/top-5-ipl-teams-of-all-time/5

In this list MI is not even in 2nd spot lol It is behind sunrisers

https://www.ranker.com/list/top-ipl-teams/darshan-baruah

https://english.sakshi.com/sports/2019/01/22/best-teams-of-ipl-2019  (nothing to do with sakshi babhi :) )

https://www.crictracker.com/ipl-2018-teams-that-made-and-didnt-make-last-four-stage-most-number-of-times/

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/best-ipl-team-till-date-based-on-stats-title-victories?ref=tc&fbclid=IwAR0UL780L8b-MCGVNiLwv48JsB1mFj1KEWCC4JnsfVmLWOMMojwbf_Foer8

This is not even a contest, It is overwhelmingly CSK.  

Edited by vvvslaxman

Actually there is a sports sub-forum and tennis threads are rarely active. Feel free to bump them in case you want. Not sure this is the best place to continue a tennis discussion because essays may not be to everyone's liking. 

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Actually Stan(not me) deserves credit here. If not for Wawrinka, Djokovic would be sitting at 18 titles instead of the 15 now. He is basically better than defeating peak Djokovic than both Federer and Nadal combined.

Bolded part is simply not true. Peak Nole was 2011 version, much much higher level than 2015 and guess who stopped him in RG SF? Fed. Stan has denied Nole 3 majors and is an inconvenient opponent for the Serb but it works many ways. Murray and Kei denied Nole, Cilic denied Fed, Soderling with Nadal etc. This is normal in sports. 

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Normally if you see the H2H between Wawrinka and djokovic it would be lopsidedly in favor of Djokovic. Overall it is true that djokovic is a much better player than wawrinka except for the very annoying fact that Stan managed to stop Nole in two grandslam finals and in a 4th round match. It is a very important point worth highlighting and H2H Stats don't say everything.  There are many layers in discussing rivalries and not just head to heads.

Their GS matches are well contested. Stan became a better player under Magnus Norman circa 2013. Also he doesn't give a * about non-major events, so his H2H stats against most players should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Nole is a convenient opponent for an in-form Stan because he hits in his striking range, also for some reason the greatest ROS the sport has ever seen falters against Stan's flat hard serves more than its exponent would like. 2 things trouble Stan: variety esp via a combination of pace/slice/dropshots/volleys which Fed has and his OHBH which Nadal brutally exploits with his CC moonballs. Truth be told Nole has no outstanding weapon to hurt him and if both play at their normal level, the match could go either way, strictly talking about the Stan of post-2013 here.   

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

There are certain guys in Tennis have certain weaknesses against Certain players.  There was this guy Goran Ivanisevic one of the greatest server of all time. Edberg was at his peak. Ivanisevic a rookie won the match purely through brutal serves in the QF.  Edberg had this achilles heel against power players. Jim Courier etc. Ivanisevic served 33 aces. Edberg lost in 5 sets

Applies to every discipline, more pronounced in 1v1 individual events. Often like rock paper scissors. Kasparov struggled against Karpov/Kramnik both of whom struggled against Anand who in turn was steamrolled by Kasparov. For large parts of their careers Nadal was paper, Fed stone and Nole scissors. H2H is just one of many parameters to decide the standing of a player. 

When you juxtapose this with how badly they sucked in 4 of the seasons it is no brainer who is a better team. Just ask any neutral foreign commie and get an answer which is the best IPL team in IPL

history.

https://english.sakshi.com/sports/2019/01/22/best-teams-of-ipl-2019  (nothing to do with sakshi babhi :) )

https://www.crictracker.com/ipl-2018-teams-that-made-and-didnt-make-last-four-stage-most-number-of-times/

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/best-ipl-team-till-date-based-on-stats-title-victories?ref=tc&fbclid=IwAR0UL780L8b-MCGVNiLwv48JsB1mFj1KEWCC4JnsfVmLWOMMojwbf_Foer8

Now Pollack will say all those websites, the authors, their followers all have no idea what they are talking about. Only MI fans have any idea of what they all about like Bangladesh fans :phehe:

Edited by Forever Indian

history.

Those 2 years don't count as without their bunnies, MI was simply not motivated to play..kicking CSK butt motivates them