Babar Azam has evolved into a fine young batsman

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

I admire his consistency and stroke play, but still a master of sub 250 chases. He needs one defining innings chasing a big score. 

35 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Doesnt have that gear

Not much different from Kane, Root, Smith then. He is doing his role exceedingly well, about time others step up. Added bonus for Pak is that Babar has made a mark in his very first WC, signs of a big tourney player.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Not much different from Kane, Root, Smith then. He is doing his role exceedingly well, about time others step up. Added bonus for Pak is that Babar has made a mark in his very first WC, signs of a big tourney player.

even our own kaptaan too. kohli, unlike rohit, generally struggles to hit the accelerator beyond 120 SR. babar should serve as the consolidator at 3 or 4 in the next WC (maybe with haris at 4 or 5), allowing more aggressive batsman to score around him.

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

even our own kaptaan too. kohli, unlike rohit, generally struggles to hit the accelerator beyond 120 SR. babar should serve as the consolidator at 3 or 4 in the next WC (maybe with haris at 4 or 5), allowing more aggressive batsman to score around him.

Yeah but the moment you mention Kohli the thread digresses, seen enough of that :laugh:.

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Wasn't saying anything different

Out of the spinners I have a special love for leg spinners. When a good leg spinner gets going its a sight to see. He should focus on his bowling if that is what he needs to do. On the side work on his hitting ability. Just in case the team needs a quick cameo from him.
Everyone likes wrist spinners....

But I am surprised, Shadab is he best pakistan has...

Even Danish was better then him...

Even srilanka doesn't has good wrist spinners, eventhough they are trying few...

Bangladesh is not even trying ....

Quality of indian wrist spinners is little better

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, First class said:

If I would be Babar , I would be watching Kohli and Smith to further improve my game , how they perform so consistently and take responsibility all the time. Yes, Babar is now among the top batsmen in the world, at par with Root and Willaimson but no way even close to Kohli and Smith, yet.  

Kohli and Smith are also a products of a great system. Do you think Babar will get the same backing the moment he becomes your biggest player?

On 11/26/2019 at 9:28 AM, sergio04 said:

One of the best batsman in world right now. His strokeplay against fast bowlers is amazing to watch.

Soon he will have 50+ avg in test too.

he will probably take over the captaincy soon as well. it will be interesting to see how that affects his batting - could go up (e.g. smith) or down (e.g., root).